(See All?) Announcements
502 Users Online
Google, Bing

Look up! — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
There sky is lighting up with an early aurora borealis! Reds and green lights dance across the nighttime sky for hours.

It was starting to get dark, the oranges and reds of the sunset were fading into blacks and purples. Siyet was making her way to the lake for a drink before she decided to settle in for the night. As she got to the lake to take her drink, she saw a reflection of the sky. It was glowing green with beautiful swirls and bursts of color. She gazed up at the sky in amazement. She was surprised to see it here this early. It was definitely a gorgeous sight and she was reminded of home. In the northern tundra of her home, she could see the aurora borealis clear as day, and for some parts of the year, all day. She sat down and continued to gaze up at the sky, feeling a little at peace with this familiar sight.
Played by Molo who has 473 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
He recalled Nori mentioning, at least a few months back now, something about these interesting lights in the sky that she had heard came about during the winter. It was a memory he’d carried somewhere in the recesses of his mind, but that had been brought back to the forefront of his thoughts on this particular evening. He hadn’t quite known what he’d been expecting, but it certainly hadn’t been this.

The bursts of color that danced across a darkening sky were nothing short of breathtaking in their amazement. A sight so unlike any other, that Jethro couldn’t help but stare up at it for a time, before it occurred to him that something like this might be better if it wasn’t witnessed alone. So he’d started wandering, to see if he couldn’t locate Nori in the event she was sleep or somehow oblivious to the spectacle.

It was the trail of someone else he came across first, though. Someone he hadn’t seen for a while, and that was just as important, considering he’d been the one that had brought her here. So it seemed it was time he checked up on her. Siyet’s trail led him down closer to the lake, and when he finally spotted her resting figure, he could easily see that her gaze was focused upward, too, on the spectacle happening above. ”Heya, Siyet,” he greeted softly with a small grin affixed on his face, as he approached her left side, hopefully not startling or interrupting her thoughts too suddenly.

”I’ve never seen anythin’ like this. It’s.. beautiful,” Jet added, allowing his focus to be drawn up again.

-hopefully you don't mind if I hop in this! thought it was about time for Jet to want to meet with Siyet again
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
While she was staring up at the beautiful colors in the sky, she heard a familiar voice call out from behind her. It was Jethro. Siyet hadn't seem him in a while, not since they first came to the Cove. She was glad that he was here to enjoy this spectacle as she felt like he was her first real friend since getting lost.

" Oh hello, yes yes it is beautiful. We would get these almost every night throughout the colder season. I absolutely love watching these. They are so mesmerizing and calm."

She looked at Jet. Wondering what could be going through his head at this moment with this sight. Siyet had been told that watching this even could bring about powerful emotion to some. She wondered if it affected him.

"Too bad your girlfri....ehehm. Female friend, Nori isn't here to see this, I bet she would love it."

She smirked slightly at him.
Jethrᴏ Kane
Thankfully, the other didn’t seem startled or put off by his appearance, greeting him amicably and agreeing with the assessment of the lights in the sky. It was apparently something Siyet had been able to see almost every night through the colder seasons, to which Jet felt a little envious.

”Lucky you,” the dark one murmured, a soft, but good-natured huff escaping him. ”Didn’t have this, where I came from. Yer right, though. It is mesmerizin’ and calmin’. One of the prettiest things I’ve ever seen,” Jet agreed with a nod, allowing his gaze to be drawn upward at that.

Before promptly bringing it back down to focus on Siyet, eyes widening in shock and horror at the smirk that played across her features, and the word that very nearly escaped her, pertaining to Nori. For several seconds, it felt like his breath had caught in his throat, and he could do little else but stare, mouth hanging open slightly, before he realized it and promptly close it. At that, Jet gave his head a good shake.

Was that the impression Siyet had gotten, that day? ”She’s.. important to me, since she brought me here. But it’s not.. we’re not.. like that. If anythin’, she’s more like.. uh, the sister I never had.” Because he definitely wasn’t good enough for her, or anyone for that matter, in a romantic way. And sibling-esque seemed more appropriate for their relationship. ”You’re right, though. She probably would like it.” Jet admitted after a moment, hoping she’d get to witness the spectacle, too, wherever she was.

”Anyway, s'good to see you. Been a while, so I wanted to make sure you were doin’ okay,” the dark one spoke, glancing over the form of the other quickly as if to assess her wellbeing. It seemed like she was, which made him happy.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Jethro seemed to be jealous of her having seen the lights numerous times. She couldn't help but laugh. After she let out her laugh, Jethro "assured" Siyet that him and Nori were nothing more than brother and sister like. She wondered is Nori felt the same way about that situation. Maybe she should ask later.

Jethro had said how he wanted to check on Siyet, it's true she hadn't seem him since they got here. "Yes I am doing great. It's been nice up here. The people are wonderful. Thank you again. I hope you have been doing good too."

She lit up in a smile and she noticed him looking at her, as if studying her. She laughed a little and said, "Have something on your mind?"
Jethrᴏ Kane
Whether or not she believed it was another question entirely, but thankfully, mercifully, Siyet did not question his explanation for the whole.. Nori thing. There was no denying the fact that he cared for her, but he certainly hadn’t entertained the idea that it might morph into anything close to romantic, or what the hell ever. Hopefully, such thoughts hadn’t crossed Nori’s mind, either. The thought of her thinking anything like that sent a shiver through the dark one’s body, and not in a good way.

Jethro offered his friend a small grin as she confirmed her wellbeing, thanking him in addition, once more. He bowed his head modestly, ears pushing back a bit. The other appeared to mirror his smile, and a moment later posed a question. There was quite a lot on his mind, actually.

He didn’t usually like discussing his deeper thoughts or emotions, but the dark one felt comfortable enough with his packmate to open up a little bit. ”I'm.. glad it worked out, for both of us. I was worried comin’ back here wouldn’t be the right choice, or that ya wouldn’t like it, or they’d turn you away ‘cause of me - something like that. Guess I'm not used to others being as nice as you, or everyone else here.” Jet admitted softly, and with a small shrug. To say he’d been worried would be a bit of an understatement, but upon coming back he’d been shown that the concern hadn’t been founded at all. Everyone he’d met had been amazing, so far, and things had indeed worked out for both he and Siyet.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet noticed that Jet seemed really hesitant to speak his mind. Almost like he had never really been able to open up. But then he spoke, and spoke about how he was glad how the situation turned out and that things had worked out for the better

Siyet looked at him with a look of almost sadness in her eyes.
"Why would you think that of yourself? From the moment I met you, you have been nothing but helpful, kind, and willing to do what you can. I don't see why anyone at the pack would turn you away. In fact they seemed happy to see you. You don't need to be so hard on yourself." As she finished saying the she rubbed her head on Jets shoulder, as a comforting gesture.
Jethrᴏ Kane
The expression of the other morphed into something almost sorrowful, which made Jethro feel just a bit upset with himself. He hadn’t wanted to earn someone’s sorrow or pity. But.. listening to Siyet’s words, it did not seem like that was what this was. There was a note of encouragement there, as she proclaimed he’d been nothing except kind and helpful. Those two words weren’t something the dark one would’ve associated himself with until recently, but it was true, he supposed, that he was trying. Her gesture, as he thought of everything, was comforting, and he wanted to accept her words as true.

”Where I’m from, they hated me. The pack, my mother, all of ‘em, ‘cause I was.. um, a mistake.” It’d been a source of hurt in the past, but this time he didn’t tell the tale with much anger. ”So, it was.. weird that you, or Nori, or a pack of strangers would be kinder or more welcoming than my own family was, y’know?” Jet took a breath, not wanting to burden or bore the other too much with recollections of his past.

”It’s a second chance I never thought I’d have. Glad I got to share it with someone else. Thank you for listenin’, and bein’ here.” Her gesture, as he thought of everything, was comforting, and he wanted to accept her words as true. Wanted to believe he did deserve this second chance. But for the moment, Jet let himself enjoy the embrace of someone he considered another close friend.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet felt bad for Jet. She had, had a pack that loved her dearly with wonderful parents, but had just lost them. Jet had..never really had anyone. "Well I know Nori cares a whole lot about you. And I do too. So, you definitely are not a mistake or anything of that matter. And I will always be here if you need to talk, let off some steam, or anything like that"

Siyet looked an Jethro with a very big, welcoming smile. She wanted him to know that he mattered and was important. Without him she wouldn't have found the pack. And they had spent a good amount of time alone just traveling. She looked back up at the sky and nuzzled up to him.
Jethrᴏ Kane
The friends and residents of this pack truly felt like they were so much better than anything he could’ve ever been deserving of. But that didn’t matter, to these wolves. Jet realized, their opinions of him would be based only on his actions, not.. the actions of others. He had at least two closer friends now, that cared - and that he cared about. And opportunities to make more.

”Thank you. I care about you, too. And uh.. if you ever need anythin’, the same goes. I’ll help you, whatever it is.” Jet offered, returning the heartwarming smile he’d been shown, and deciding not to think about how close they were at this moment. Perhaps embraces, and physical touch, were other normal things for pack wolves. Something else he’d have to get used to. Siyet was warm, and he suppose it’d be nice to have others around, during the coming colder weather.

”Have you gotten to meet or spend time with many others, yet?” Jet decided to question, curious, and hoping to shift to a lighter subject. Most of his time had been spent doing things, so.. meeting with others was something he needed more focus on, he supposed.