(See All?) Announcements
474 Users Online
Bing, Google, Nia

I did it all — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 628 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle
This round is everyone falling into place, next round will be chasing and takedown. This round will end October 30th

He had hoped some of his other litter would show up for the lesson, but it was almost to be expected. With five of them, it was almost a miracle that two of his sons had managed to arrive, although in their typical fashion almost immediately got into a spat. He had to turn his face away so they couldn’t see the smirk that he couldn’t hold in at the sight of Eros promptly sitting on Archer.

They began to divide themselves up, and Viorel nodded at Clover’s suggestion, ”I Think Vayko and I can do the takedown alone, if the rest of you want to chase and direct the bull to us.” Looking sternly upon his sons he added, ”One of you go with Aunt Sharlee, and the other with Clover. And, you both had better listen and do exactly what you’re told, if either of you get hurt your mother will have my head.” The last sentence was embellished with a wink in Clover’s direction, he knew she would also have his head if anything happened to any of the kids.

”Vayko and I will lay in wait to the west of the beast, if you guys want to chase it in that direction.” Nodding to his cousin, the dark man got to his paws and left the women and children to fall into position, it was time.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Played by Cade who has 496 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Eros blinked owlishly as his brother squirmed and protested. What was his problem? The more Archer struggled, the more he couldn't help but feel the other boy was being rather, well, dramatic. He huffed as he scooted over, giving his age-mate his space before his eyes shot wide once more in surprise at the shove he received. It wasn't the normal greeting kind of push; it was a knock it off push, and all he saw on his own part was sheer innocence. Archer turned back toward Da as he started speaking, and Eros' paw lifted, slowly high into the air, trembling faintly with restraint before - whap. He swatted his brother over top the back of his skull, just as Archer would have had their positions been reversed, Eros was sure.

He then promptly skittered away, of course, because no matter how much extra skin he had, his brother's teeth hurt.

There wasn't any time left to screw around, then -- Da addressed them directly, and Eros nodded obediently at the direction: listen. Oh. Oh. They were hunting?! His ears shot straight up along with his intrigue. Chasing didn't sound very well suited to him, however... the way their Dad talked, it sounded pretty clear he was expected to go with the rest of the pack but, it wasn't a direct command, right? He hesitated, then chased after his uncle and father, mind made up. Eros was helping them.
Played by Flywolf who has 320 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle
His brother fended off, Archer turned his focus fully back on Da to listen to what they were supposed to do. Last time he didn't focus on the instructions he embarrassed himself by going for an unexpected swim. This was not going to be a repeat of-

Smack.

Archer whirled on his brother, eyes wide in surprise. Eros had just whapped him on the head. Archer fluffed up and growled, but his brother had wisely ducked away and Archer wasn't about to tackle him right now. He wasn't going to lose his temper when he was already trying so hard to be important.

He listened to the adults plan, and then Da told them what to do. He nodded firmly. "I'll go with Aunt Sharlee," he said quickly. Clover was okay, but he'd rather be with family. He wanted to show her he was living up to the Valle name.

Then Da and his uncle were off, and Archer bounded over to Aunt Sharlee's side. He glanced back just in time to see Eros chasing after their Da instead of going to Clover, and his eyes grew wide. "Eros, no!" he shouted, taking a few steps after him before pausing and glancing back at his aunt, torn. He needed to prove to his Da that he was the best, that he could do as he was told and learn and impress them, but Eros... he needed to protect him! Eros was too helpful for his own good!

"Auntie," he said. He didn't know what he was asking for; permission? Help? Would going after Eros put him in more danger? Da had seemed to think they could get hurt, and with what happened the other day...

He was going to get in trouble for this.

He ran after his brother.

[size=x-small]Archer is very haggard and thin; it is obvious he is not doing well.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You've come across an unattended nest full of eggs, do you like them scarmbled or fired? +5 Health
Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
It was decided that Viorel and Vayko would take down the bull elk while her and Sharlee would show the boys how to chase it down properly. She grinned sideways at the other woman, glad that they would once again be chasing as a team like they had the last time.  It had been so long since the last group hunt she had been a part of, and she was honestly quite excited to let loose and chase down prey bigger than a rabbit. Clover caught the wink from Viorel and returned a stern but approving glance of her own, well aware that not only her but likely majority of the adults would not take lightly to any of the children getting hurt.

Archer was swift to announce he would join Sharlee, and she turned to Eros with a bright smile, ready to teach him what she knew, but was met with the sight of him scurrying after Viorel instead of joining her. After a few moments Archer followed, and she simply stared with her maw slightly agape, glancing sideways at Sharlee. If it had been her own children so brashly ignoring an order she would swiftly remind them that it was important to follow the lead of not only a parent figure but also the adults of the pack and sternly tell them off for such an act. However, as neither of the boys were her own she felt it was not her place to do just that, and so she would leave it to Viorel for any disciplinary actions.

"I guess it'll be just the two of us for now until Viorel sends them back this way," she said to Sharlee, regaining her composure and beginning to head in the opposite direction towards the bull elk. There was no point running after the boys, and after all, they were old enough to know how to follow a scent trail, and she was sure Viorel had taught them the basics of staying upwind from prey. The boys would not struggle too much to catch up to them once Viorel reiterated that they would be chasing, or maybe he would change his mind and allow them to help take the bull elk down. Either way it happened, she would make her way at a brisk pace to an acceptable location to start chasing their prey from, only glancing momentarily behind her to see if Sharlee was following.
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee waited patiently for the direction that told her where she needed to be in the hunt. She quickly found out she would be chasing and supervising one of the boys. The Valle girl thought it might be fun despite the two boys were in that moment having a little fight with each other. 

Her gaze was brought to land on Archer when he said he'd go with her. 

"I'll be glad to have you come along with me,"
she told the pup. Of the two boys Archer seemed the more sensible. Eros was a little more the act before thinking type. She gave Archer a lick atop his head once he was at her side, before things had a chance to go south. 

Soon enough Eros was gone running in the direction his brother had gone. It was quite obvious that Archer wanted to follow but was unsure. Before she could even utter a single word to stop him he was gone too leaving the Valle woman in a little bit of a shock. She was brought from it when Clover spoke to her. "I suppose so. It's not the first time we've done this together." She meant chase down the prey. It probably wouldn't be the last either. 

She thought for a split second of going after the boys and letting them both know they'd done something wrong. However, she'd also given some thought to what Viorel might do to her. They weren't her children so she wasn't sure it was her place. She did wonder what Vi would do once he found out. 

There was nothing for her to do about it now so she joined Clover. Keeping up with the same pace she knew they were heading for a good place to start chasing down their prey. 
Played by Ghost who has 628 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle
No post order! Feel free to pp Viorel taking part of the take down. This round will end November 17th

Viorel had grinned at his cousin, bumping his flank playfully in anticipation for the hunt, his pulse already quickened. Soon enough he would be serious and focused, but right now there was no harm in a little banter - and he wondered where his children got it from. He had assumed that his sons had followed his orders and acted like young adults rather than young pups and had not even given a second thought into the matter.

How wrong he was.

The boys had not yet mastered the art of being silent through the forests and it did not take long before Viorel was alerted to their followers. Tossing a surprised look to Vayko, the father’s paws came to a complete halt as he listened, hoping that his ears had deceived him. By the time that Archer and Eros came onto the scene, Viorel’s maw had twisted in disapproval.

Huffing, in an attempt to let out some frustration, he grit his teeth and said flatly, ”Is there a reason you boys are not doing as you were told?” He waited for just a second, to see if perhaps they had been sent here by an adult with a message, but when no such answer came, he felt his temper boiling. Standing up tall he barked out, ”I told you to listen. Do you think that this is a joke? Hunting is dangerous, and being brought out for your first one with the adults is a privilege one that you two are clearly not ready for.” Salt and pepper tail stiffened above his back in agitation.

Narrowing his eyes he could not keep the anger from his tone, Go home right now. Do not stop anywhere, do not hide or get anything, and go directly to the den and wait for me. If I hear that you took even so much as the slightest detour both of you will lose your border privileges until you are yearlings, do you understand me? He waited until they both retreated and then turned back towards the west, ”We had better hurry and get in position” And then fell into an angered silence.

It didn’t take them long, and Viorel was happy that the girls had not started yet, and that he would have something to sink his teeth into. He was a little riled up.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Played by Cade who has 496 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Eros hurried along, doing his best to catch up to his father and uncle, but they had gotten a head start on him and that was pretty difficult for an out-of-shape pup to make up for. Her heard someone coming after him and looked over his shoulder to see Archer; he had that usual, serious glint in his eyes and the bigger boy grinned. Ready to sink his teeth into some living meat, huh?

Looking ahead of him, his heart lifted for a mere moment as he saw they'd caught up to the adults as well. It came crashing back down when he recognized the anger on his father's face. Confusion took over his own features, while his tail instinctively drooped to hug against his belly. What had happened?

Not doing what they were told? Eros blinked. Had they been told to do something? Uh oh...

"I um..." his voice was quiet, the words not coming to mind to explain that he wanted to hunt with his dad and figured he'd make a pretty useless 'chaser' given he could never even come close to winning tag.

I told you to listen, Viorel seethed, the force in his voice causing Eros to duck downward, ears clapping down firmly against his skull. What hadn't he listened to?! His eyes began to mist as the punishment came swiftly. He almost couldn't believe his own ears. They... couldn't come at all now? Not even to watch?

"That's not-" this time, it was his courage that failed him. He knew the word for it. This wasn't fair. How had he done anything dangerous, why couldn't he go join the rest of his family if he absolutely had to be a runner? It felt like his chance had happened without his knowing, completely oblivious to just how much he'd missed while squabbling with his brother.

Tears threatening to spill over, he simply turned to his brother and gawked. What had he done wrong?
Played by Flywolf who has 320 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle
It didn't take long to catch up with Eros, and he was just reaching out to trip him when they came upon their father. Archer froze - he was too slow, and it was too late for him to melt into the background and avoid the trouble. Eros seemed confused, which angered Archer, and when his father's wrath rained upon the Archer's anger rose. His fur puffed up, but his ears laid flat and his tail tucked. He could have stayed with Aunt Sharlee, and then he'd still be in on the hunt. He'd still be Da's favorite.

He wanted to cry out that he was trying to stop Eros, that he'd heard and he wanted to obey, but he didn't want his brother to get hurt, but he knew it would be futile.

Then Eros turned to him with wide, tear-filled eyes, and it was too much.

Archer whapped his brother on the head harder than he had before. "He told you to go with Clover!" he snapped. "I only came after you so you didn't get hurt! Now we're both out of the hunt and Da's mad!"

With a growl, Archer spun around and stomped off towards the den. Auntie Sharlee would tell Da that he didn't want to disobey, right? Archer wanted to do what Da said, wanted to prove me was a good member of the pack. He was ready for this! He had shown up, hadn't he? None of Clover's furballs had. Archer was the only one paying attention! Eros was too busy sitting on him and trying to start a fight!

His shoulders drooped. Eros was just as disappointed as him, wasn't he? And even though this was all his fault, Archer shouldn't punish him too. He turned and waited for his brother to catch up and offered him an apologetic lick to the spot he'd hit him. "I'm sorry," he murmured. "We'll get to go next time. Come on." he led the way back to the den to await their Da's return.

Archer exit

[size=x-small]Archer is very haggard and thin; it is obvious he is not doing well.
Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
Hope you don't mind the slight pp @Sharlee, I can change it if needed <3 :) Also feel free to pp Clover joining in taking it down if you would like to @Viorel @Vayko

Sharlee quickly fell into step with her, and together they made their way in a wide berth around the lone bull elk, careful to keep upwind when possible. She crouched down beside some thick shrubbery, dark amber eyes glued to the bull elk where it was still bugling quite loudly, seemingly separated from its herd and become lost. This was a bad occasion for the bull elk, but an amazing opportunity for the Backwater wolves. The bull elk would feed them well if they could manage to take it down, but it would be more risky than if they went after a doe like they usually did. As long as none of them got gored by the antlers then everything should be okay.

She waited silently, glancing sideways at Sharlee after a short while when neither of the boys showed up. "Guess it's just us then," Clover said softly, hoping that if the boys were not participating then they were at least out of danger's way. "I'll stick to it's left side, you guide it from the right?" She offered up as a plan to her chasing partner. If they suddenly burst forth from the undergrowth then hopefully the bull elk will be too startled to fight back and will begin running. If they had three or more chasers she would feel more confident that the creature would not try to pick a fight, but if worst came to worst they could simply back off and rejoin with Viorel and Vayko.

"Ready?" Clover waited with bated breath, and when Sharlee agreed she slowly crept forward and to the left, before springing forward and letting out a few barks and growls to startle the bull elk. The creature wasted no time, spinning on its legs and running at a dead sprint away from the two wolves, and Clover gladly took to the chase. She lengthened her stride to keep up, jaws snapping at its left hind leg to push it ever forward, making sure it did not veer off to the side. When the time came for the take down she would slow her speed and stay out of the fray, only joining in to grab hold of a limb if it looked like the bull elk was struggling too much and Viorel and Vayko needed assistance.