(See All?) Announcements
567 Users Online
Bing, Google

I don't know if I should teach or learn — Aurora Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
RE: The sky is lighting up with an early aurora borealis! Reds and green lights dance across the nighttime sky for hours.
Takes place 9/26 around dusk. 4 Degrees C. @Siyet but AW

Nash was feeling a bit better with Kajika at least visiting. His arrival had made Moonshadow so happy, especially after a conversation that was so difficult. The last thing Nash wanted was to hurt her, and this... he had a lot of thinking to do, and the territory was beginning to close in on him. He knew he was doing it to himself, but he was beginning to feel trapped. He was afraid to leave.

Nash had spent the last several nights watching the skies. It had been mostly cloudy, but he'd thought he saw a splash of color through the small gaps in the cover. He'd decided earlier in the day to travel further down in the pass to the plateaus. He hadn't been this way since the Cove had gathered, but it had been one of his favorite places to spend summer nights when he was wandering on his own. It offered an excellent view of the sky, and the young Eastfall suspected the clouds would be clearing up.

He arrived at his preferred spot just as the sun was kissing the horizon. He'd been right; the clouds were breaking up, and the night promised to be clear. Nash closed his eyes and took a deep breath of the clean, cool air. Winter was certainly near; even if the temperatures weren't steadily dropping, his growing winter coat was a firm indicator. He fluffed his fur and sat, appreciating the way the sun turned the clouds vibrant pinks and oranges as the sky behind him darkened.

Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
It was evening and Siyet was stretching her legs, wandering around, when she caught a familiar scent. She knew it was Nash. It smelt very fresh, and no one else seemed to be around so she decided to follow it. The trail seemed to leave the territory and go between peaks. She thought it was odd that he left the cove..

She thought that it would be fun to try and sneak up on Nash and so how attentive he was. As she followed the scent the area opened up to a plateau. There weren't too many places to hide so she got down low to the ground hiding in the grass and snuck in, following the scent to where he was. Before she knew it she was roughly 20 feet away from the source. She could see him through the grass, sitting and looking at the sky.

She got excited and got ready to pounce..
(This post was last modified: Sep 27, 2021, 01:14 AM by Siyet.)
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Defense: Nash rolled: 12, Siyet rolled: 5
Retaliation: Nash: 6, Siyet: 14
Guardian dem. 1/3

Nash had thought a couple times during his walk that he might be being followed, but he didn't feel an imminent sense of danger. He wasn't far from his home territory, after all, and he knew these lands like the back of his paw. He wasn't much of a scrapper - which he really ought to do something about, maybe @Chan would be willing to help him out in that regard - but he at least knew how to get away if he needed to.

As he was sitting in place, watching the sunset, he heard the faint rustle of paws behind him. The breeze was in his face, so whoever it was was downwind, but he could tell at the very least that they weren't big. His ears twitched, but otherwise he didn't react until he heard the rush of a charge.

Nash rolled to the side, the ground hard against his back, and sprang to his feet, whirling about on his attacker. It was Siyet, the new member that returned home with Jethro. Nash grinned and jumped forward, swiping a paw at her front feet in an attempt to throw her off balance. If she wanted a tussle, then a tussle she would get.

Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
As Siyet charged at Nash, he dodged her pounce then tried to trip her up. She was able to dodge this as well.

"Looks like I found you. You're pretty good, be able to hear me like that."

Siyet couldn't help but chuckle at this whole situation. She was having fun.

She knew that him being the guardian of the Cove that he would have some good experience. Siyet was usually pretty good at sneaking up on things but Nash must have anticipated someone following him.

Siyet decided she wanted to try and see if she could get Nash by his scruff. She started towards him with her jaws wide.
(This post was last modified: Oct 01, 2021, 05:46 PM by Siyet.)
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Siyet attack: 12, Nash defense: 12
Guardian dem. 2/3

Nash's swipe was easily dodged, but that was okay. Now they were facing each other of equal terms. Well, as equal as they could be with their size difference. At least they were facing each other now. It seemed fairer than her attempt to sneak up on him. But it had tested his situational awareness, hadn't it?

He chucked at her words. "You've been following me the whole time, haven't you?" he asked.

He didn't have time to get an answer, as she began to advance on him with jaws open. As she lunged for him he reared onto his hind legs to try knocking her off balance. Her teeth closed in his scruff - not enough to hurt, just to get a grip - and as he came down he twisted to wrap his front legs around her neck. Maybe he could wrestle her off that way.

Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet got her jaws on his scruff no problem, but he got his arms around her as well. It was a stalemate. She couldn't help but start laughing as she released him and jumped back from Nash. "Hmmm maybe." She let out a toothy grin and gave Nash a very amused look. She was enjoying their little scuffle. She was going to let him have an opportunity to attack. After all, he was the guardian. How would a guardian "attack an enemy"? She waited ready with her knees bent to either dodge his next attack, or riposte.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Nash attack: 16 Siyet Defense: 10

Guardian dem: 3/3

Nash echoed Siyet's laugh as she backed away and let her go. This was a fun game, after all, not an actual fight. He grinned back at her. "You did good staying unseen," he said. "You just need to watch your paws; I heard you." He waggled his ears to emphasize his point in a silly manner.

Then, without warning, he dashed forward. Rather than go at her with his teeth, he swiped at her paws while he bumped her shoulder with his to knock her on her side. He stood over her, one paw on her ribs, and gave her a toothy smile.

Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
With Nash knocking her down unexpected, she admitted defeat. He was a really good fighter. She was definitely not used to stalking on dirt and grass. Maybe he could teach her some more?

"Well Nash, you got me. This time. Haha. You're pretty good. Maybe you could teach me stalking techniques, as I'm used to the snow and seem to have a hard time here."

She offered him a toothy grin from beneath his paw and waited for him to release her, as a sign of respect.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
With Siyet's capitulation clear, Nash stepped back and rested on his haunches, and easy smile on his face. "I'd be happy to, but you won't have long to wait until we have snow here too. Winter on the mountain can hit hard." He glanced up at the now-dark sky. The clouds had finally fully cleared up. "Let's do it another day though, yeah? I came down here to watch the sky." He gestured. "Have you ever seen the night lights?"

As if on cue, the colors rippled across the sky, and Nash leaned back to observe them. He kept half an ear on Siyet to make sure she wasn't going to try pouncing on him again, but he didn't think she would at this point. He always loved when the lights appeared, especially on a clear night like tonight. It was well worth the journey.

Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
With Nash claiming victory and sitting back, he suggested talked about the snow, and it excited Siyet. He had also recommended trying to teach her another time. That may be a good idea. It was getting dark.

"I am looking forward to the snow. And for training with you."

She flashed him a smile. As they observed the lights together.

"these lights happen very frequently where I'm from. They never fail to amaze me."

~~~~~~Fade~~~~