(See All?) Announcements
460 Users Online
Bing, Nia, Google

contemplation — Hot Springs 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Speaking with Jethro had helped Oksana see a new way that she should try to relate to others. While she did let other wolves know when they did something she appreciated it might be something she needed to do more of. She had seen how far a small bit of kindness could go. Perhaps even a little could help wolves who didn't think as much of themselves as they could.

Oksana smiled when Jethro offered her the same. Someone to talk to should she ever need it. She dipped her head to the man when he told her he appreciated her sentiment. "Thank you Jethro, perhaps someday I will need to take you up on your offer." Though she didn't know the man well she felt that if it was something between them he would keep it to himself.

Oksana truly did like talking about her homelands. The places she'd visited when she was younger. Though many of the memories she carried with her from that time were sad she was prideful. Her family, the land that they had was all something that she'd never forget or not find pride in. She loved her home and hoped one day to make a visit there. She did miss her mother but at least she could be in the lore with her still.

She smiled as he spoke of having seen the falls. "They are so pretty, I don't know how you couldn't love it there." They also held another special meaning to her but that was a story for another day. "They are," she confirmed about the red woods. "A whole forest of them in the north its really something to see. Heartwood River is nestled into its depths." She could still smell the trees and lavender of the Ethos. She remembered her mother telling of how she'd had to have lavender in the den when Oksana was born. It was a sweet memory that she'd always remembered. "Sorry," Oksana said shyly, "I suppose I'm getting a little nostalgic." Think of her old home made her that way sometimes.

Oksana would have been fine of Jethro hadn't wanted to talk about Nori but she smiled when he spoke. She listened intently as he described the woman that meant so much to him. "She sounds like an interesting lady" Oksana commented when he'd finished, "I'm glad she found you when she did and could be there for you when you needed her most." Without Nori she might not have ever had the chance to meet Jethro. "I'm glad she brought you here so that we could meet."

The spring was a time the pack should be looking forward to. New life would be brought into it. The pups of the year before would become yearlings and start preparing for their own lives. The pack was strong and had handled things the previous year well. With the good wolves that were there she now felt that they would do alright.
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Molo who has 474 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
His fellow dark companion thanked him for reciprocating her offer, providing him a dip of her head to go along with the gesture. In spite of the fact that this was only their first meeting, Jet’s opinion on this woman only continued to elevate. He could see why Siyet trusted her, and how the two would become friends. He was content to leave that portion at that, trusting Oksana at her work, and to instead focus on her description of her homelands.

Redwoods were, evidently, those very large trees, and there was a whole forest of them there. Jethro couldn’t stop his eyes growing a little wider at that, more so, as his company mentioned that there was a river nearby. A lake, a river, and a forest full of massive, beautiful trees? It was something he was going to have to see for himself, someday.

Jet quickly shook his head as the other apologized for her nostalgia, taking a step forth through the water. ”No need to apologize, it sounds like a wonderful place to have grown up. I’d like to see all of it, someday.” Listening to others recount their memories had long ago stopped making him feel envious and had instead started to become something he rather enjoyed. More so, when the memories were so clearly happy and precious to the one speaking of them.

It was, perhaps, the same with Nori. Jet offered his company a smile as she labeled his first friend an interesting lady, and nodded in agreement. ”Might be an understatement, but true,” he spoke with a note of humor. The later sentiments, though, were just as true - and exactly why the dark one would be forever grateful for Nori’s intervention in his life.

”I’m glad, too. It’s been a pleasure, speakin’ with ya.” Though he missed his first friend, in spite of her departure, most everything else had continued to look up for him. He’d met and made other friends. Including, now, Oksana it seemed.
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
She may have gotten a little carried away with talking about her homelands. She hoped that Jethro might go and visit it so that he could see what she'd seen, how beautiful it was. Even after no one living there for years it was still just as beautiful as those days when she'd run through the trees amd snuck around so that the adults wouldn't know she was doing anything she wasn't supposed to be. There were many sad memories held within those trees but Oksana tried to think of the happy ones. The ones that brought a smile to her face when she thought of them.

She then realized that she wasn't actually alone. That she was talking to someone about her birthplace. It was a little embarrassing to get so lost in the thoughts of her puppyhood. Jethro was the first wolf she'd really shared that part of her past with and it was kind of nice to be able to talk about it.

For his part Jethro was quite gracious in allowing her to go on like she had. She smiled at his words, "It was and while I am happy here in the cove I do miss it sometimes. I hope you do get to see all of it one day." Maybe she could talk Aleister into a scouting trio for the three of them. Then she could introduce him to her mother and show Jethro her birthplace.

Oksana tried to imagine what Nori was really like based on how Jethro described her. She didn't think her imagination could do her justice. Still she felt that Jethro's Nori had to be special especially for him.

"Its been a pleasure for me too Jethro. I really hope we get the chance to have more of these talks." She really had enjoyed talking with him. She would like to have the chance to get to know him better. He seemed like an interesting man himself with an interesting perspective on life.
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Molo who has 474 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
As pleasant as it had been to speak with Oksana, it was probably about time to head back out and actually do something productive. For despite how he might have liked to continue to lounge in the hot water, there were things that needed to be done. And now, with an entirely new and fresh perspective on things offered to him by Oksana, plenty more that Jet needed to think about.

And even more to investigate, if he decided to try to make his dream a reality. The dark one offered his company a sympathetic smile as she spoke of missing her home. A feeling he had not personally experienced, but could empathize a bit more with now, knowing what he knew of his packmate. Words did not particularly feel appropriate, though Jet vowed to himself that he would see that place, some day.

Jet bowed his head a little as the other expressed a desire to talk more, something he would certainly not mind taking her up on. ”Same here, Oksana,” he spoke, offering his likely soon-to-be superior a nod of respect, before beginning to make his way out of the water.

Upon reaching the shore, Jet gave himself a good shake, ridding his coat of excess water before returning his focus to the other. ”I should probably be goin’, and actually try t’do something productive today, too. But I’ll see ya around.” The words were not quite a promise, more of a hopeful expression.

He’d enjoyed this talk. And any chance to expand on it, to learn more from the elder woman and perhaps her mate, was something he’d take without question.

---fade/exit