(See All?) Announcements
516 Users Online
Bing, Google, Adora

Coming Back to What Feels Right — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
They'd made it to Willow Ridge and found that it hadn't been claimed already. That was good news but now they just had to find the recruits. That was what she'd been trying to do but she hadn't had much luck and to be honest it was a little discouraging. She could only hope that maybe her brother'd had more luck than she'd had. 

At any rate she thought it was time for her to go and check in with him so she made her way back to the Ridge. Even after all this time and the overgrowth it still felt like home. The closer she got rhe quicker her pace became. When she was close to where the old borders used to be she called for her brother. 
Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
Clover gazed up at the sweeping branches of the willow trees, eyeing the leaves that spread like a veil of sorts, hiding away parts of the trees and landscape. The leaves gently billowed with the air currents, and she found herself distracted for a short while, content to watch them before continuing on with her task. Her gentle reverie was interrupted by the howl of another, and she found herself jumping slightly in alarm. It seemed to have come from further within the expanse of willow trees, and it sounded as if they were calling for someone in particular.

She began forward at a slow trot, wondering if perhaps the two, or perhaps more, wolves were lost, or simply exploring like she was. Her plan of searching for any medicinal herbs would be further prolonged until she got a better idea of what the other wolves in the area were doing as she was just far too curious for her own good to keep away. Feeling a little lost herself among the willows, but sure that she was still on the right path, Clover kept her body fairly neutral, hoping that whoever was out there was friendly enough to maybe have a short chat with.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella called for her brother as she continued to walk through the Ridge. It felt like a lifetime time since she'd been there last but even so she hadn't forgotten her birthplace. Despite how overgrown and unkempt it was she could still picture it in all its greatness. Heck, she thought she would even be able to find the place her mother had chosen as a den for her and Scully to start their lives in.

The masked girl couldn't help but wonder if her brother had wandered off on one of his periodic excursions. She really did hope he might find someone to bring back this time. Winter was well on its way and it would be really nice to have a couple more bodies to help make it through. Avella did know that these things took time. Still she started to worry a little when he didn't respond. It wasn't like Scully to not answer when she called.

The Archer traveled through the familiar paths of the Willows. Though they were overgrown she could still see the places where they had once shown the places the wolves of the Ridge traveled most. It was along one of these paths she found a scent that was unfamiliar to her. Immediately she stopped and looked around. "You don't have to lurk," she called out, "I don't bite...well not usually anyway."
Clover Assana
The willow trees were thicker here than on the outskirts, and she found herself having to squint and peer through the sweeping branches to try and see through the leaves for any sign of movement. Whoever she had heard before seemed to also have noticed they were not alone, as she heard them call out to her.

She followed the voice, pushing her way through the willows, and stopped mid-step as she finally saw them with her own eyes. Her tail wagged behind her as she smiled widely. The stranger was larger than her, though most wolves were so that was not unusual, but the other woman had the most curious eyes she had ever see. One was blue while the other silver, and she found herself staring just a little.

"It wouldn't be the worst thing if you did, I'm pretty good at patching up wounds," she said with a somewhat cheeky grin, feeling in a happy mood that day. It was a little different healing wounds on her own body compared to someone else's, but the process was the same, and se thought herself to be pretty competent at it. "I'm Clover," she said as an introduction, waiting for the stranger to respond with her own name before asking any questions to further the conversation.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Picking her way through the willows she wondered if Scully had been successful. So badly she wanted to claim this land once again for her family. It had been theirs before so it was only right that it was theirs again. She was ready to settle down and make a home for herself. She knew that she could lead a pack just as her Aunt and her great-grand mother had done before her. However, she was worried that it wouldn't happen for her. They'd had no luck in finding wolves to join them and with winter she wasn't sure they would before spring.

The scent of a strange wolf did give her some hope. She wanted to meet this newcomer. Maybe something would come of a meeting with them. So she called out hoping her words might bring them from the shadows. Her hopes were soon realized when a pale colored wolf appeared before her. It seemed the woman also had a good sense of humor, Avella liked that.

"Then you must be good at healing other injures as well," the masked woman observed. Out if habit the young Archer couldn't help but look the woman over, size her up a bit. Her ear twitched as her gaze met the woman's once more, "Its a pleasure Clover, I'm Avella Archer. May I ask what brings you to the willows?" Avella did have some curiosity about the woman's presence that needed to be satisfied.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a small pile of bones gathered on the ground, there might be some marrow left in them. +2 Health
Clover Assana
Clover nodded enthusiastically. Oh yes, she believed herself to be very good at patching up others, having done just that with her fellow pack mates since they had officially banded together as a pack. "I have knowledge of a lot of ailments, so I can probably help with most things," she said with a smile. Of course, there would always be something that tripped her up or she didn't know about, that was just a part of the trade, but for the most part she knew what she was doing.

Her ears perked instantly as the woman introduced herself as an Archer, remembering back to the time she had met that other male. He had introduced himself as an Archer too... she wondered if perhaps they were related. But first, she had a question to answer, as it would be quite rude for her to brush over that and go straight to asking her own question.

"I was foraging for any medicinal plants among these willows that don't grow closer to where my pack resides," she said cheerily. The trees themselves had been more than a little distracting, but there was still enough time in the day to talk with Avella, admire the willows, and also search for some plants. "You said your last name was Archer." Clover began to speak with a curious tilt to her head. "Have you met a wolf who goes by the name of Scully Archer?"
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 231 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Scully Archer
Scully heard his sibling's call and stood from where he laid, shaking the snow that settled atop him free from his coat before picking up the marmot he'd been feeding on and heading off to heed her summons. By the time he crossed the distance, someone else had apparently beaten him to his sister. Scully's eyes narrowed until they recognized the cream-colored wolf. Not a threat.

He couldn't hear what they were saying, and couldn't bark given his maw was full, so he simply pushed on through the snow drifts until he was at Avella's side, nudging her shoulder and leaning against her flank to say hello.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
The new found knowledge that the woman she was speaking to was a healer was enlightening. It reminded Avella that a healer would be needed once she and Scully put together a pack. The masked woman also realized that she needed to know if the woman was looking for a place to settle. "Thats a very valuable skill to have," she stated, "There have been times when I've wished I'd learned how to be a healer."

Avella could already tell she liked the woman, Clover. She seemed to have a really great sense of humor which was something the Archer could appreciate. She didn't have to wonder too long about whether Clover was looking for a place to settle. The white female already belonged to a pack. "Is your pack very far from here?" She asked. Since it might not be a bad thing to know about other packs for future knowledge of course. "Have you found the plants your looking for?" She also asked more out of plain curiosity.

The masked woman wasn't sure where Clover was going when she asked about her last name. "I did say that," she confirmed and was about to ask why hut Clover beat her to it. "I do know Scully. He's my brother," she filled in for the woman. Then as if he knew the were talking about him Scully was at her side. She gave him a smile, "There you are and I see you've brought dinner," she said brushing her muzzle affectionately against his. "So the two of you have met?"
Clover Assana
She grinned widely at Avella. "It's a very useful skill to have, and I'd be more than happy to teach you a couple things if we meet again." Clover was always glad when opportunities arose to share some of her knowledge, and if Avella was expressing desire to have learned about healing in the past, then maybe there was a future opportunity to teach her about some of the basics. She shook her head at the other woman's question, "Not at all! It's just a short distance up north, located along the heartleaf creek." It was easily doable in a single morning or afternoon, and it felt good to stretch her legs and go further beyond the pack border.

"I wasn't looking for anything specific today, just searching around to see which plants grew among the willows that I need a bit more of." She'd come across some Hellebore bushes, but as there was plenty growing closer to home she had continued on without grabbing any. Her gaze lit up as Avella confirmed she knew Scully, going as far to say that they were siblings. That was certainly a happy coincidence. And as if he had been summoned, though maybe he had been as she recalled the howl she had heard earlier, Scully appeared beside them, a marmot clutched tightly in his jaws.

Clover nodded in response, giving Scully a smile in greeting. "Yes, briefly a couple days ago." She then turned her focus on him, "It's nice to meet you again." He had been quite nice the last time they met, and was happy to see him around again.