(See All?) Announcements
373 Users Online
Google, Juniper, Armand, Apolline, Bing

Ghosts of the Past — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
It hadn't been so long that the Tallis man had forgotten how the light fell through the trees at that time of year. He still hadn't forgotten how the mountain air smelled early in the morning or the sounds of the birds in the trees. The thing that stuck out most to him as his large frame plodded down the familiar paths was how right it felt to be back.

Kajika didn't have to reacquaint himself with the territory. He'd never forgotten everything about what used to belong to him. Now it belonged to someone else and he was just glad to be back. He strolled through the forest mostly just reminiscing of times past.
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

I am so sorry I took so long with this! <3

The seasons were changing once again, and the air was getting cooler. This time around the cool nights seemed to be getting to her in ways it hadn’t before. Her joints – of all things – were achy. She chuckled to herself about the notion, knowing it was due to old age. Though she wasn’t sure exactly where the time had gone. The morning was still young as its light filtered through the trees, bathing the trees in its golden glow. Large paws moved easily amongst the terrain, at a slower pace than she once had as a younger woman. Just like when she was a younger woman however, his unmistakable scent crossed her nose. Her teacher, her mentor, her best friend. She steered in his direction almost automatically. Though her paws moved without asking her mind pumped the brakes. She was thankful to see Kajika again she had some feelings she didn’t really want to discuss but knew needed to be anyways. Once his dark frame came into sight, she let out a woof to catch his attention. She gave him a warm smile when he turned to face her.

Word Count: 192
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
No worries! :)

It was a leisurely pace he took through the forest of Sanguine Cove. He didn't feel the urgency to move about the territory that he once had. There was something freeing for the dark man not having to lead a pack. He would only admit it to himself and maybe one other that he rather enjoyed not having so many responsibilities in his advanced age.

His thoughts and movements were stopped by the familiar voice that came from behind him. As always he greeted her with a smile and happy wag in his tail. Kajika waited for Moondhadow to catch up before speaking. "Good morning to you Moon. It's a fine day to catch up with an old friend wouldn't you say?" He said once she'd closed the distance.
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Despite her aging and slower pace she quickly caught up to her chocolate companion. She bumped his shoulder with hers as he greeted her. "A fine day indeed." She agreed with a wave of her silver dusted tail and small chuckle. It had been way too long since she had last seen him. She began to walk again figuring a nice stroll would be good for the both of them. "How have ya been? How are the twins?" Moon asked her longtime friend. This had been the longest span of time in her entire life she had been without him. Even before he found her that fateful day, she had been just a yearling. She was grateful that he had found his way back home.

Word Count: 125
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
As soon as she'd caught up to him she bumped his shoulder. Kajika playfully nipped at her ear in return. His smile grew a little wider when she agreed that it was a fine day to catch up with an old friend. "I'm glad that we are getting the chance to see each other again." Now that he was back in the cove he didn't even want to imagine not ever seeing her again. It had been a really long time since they'd been able to walk through the forest just talking and enjoying each other's company. He hoped that they could do it more often now that they were back on the cove together.

"I've been good...well except for the things that come with getting older." Which he was sure she knew about. "The twins are well doing their own thing. You know how it is with kids." The twins were older now and had been going about their own lives for awhile now. "Tell me about you, how have you been? What have you been up to all this time?" He was curious where she'd gone after they'd left the cove.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her spirits were lifted even more when he returned her bump with a playful nip to the ear. Her silver dusted tail waved as she playfully pawed at him before settling down to take a nice stroll. The inky woman asked how her old friend had been and how her niece and nephew were doing. His response that he was good except the things that came with getting older made her laugh and nod in agreement. Isn't that the truth? she agreed within her own mind. Kajika went on to explain that the twins were well and off living their own lives. She smiled and looked at him in agreement. That she did know how kids were. Moonshadow continued to look at him as he asked how she had been and what she had been up to in their time apart. She looked away as a flash of pain crossed her features hoping he hadnt caught it but knowing better than to think he hadnt. There was a mixture of feelings about what at happened all those years ago. Pain, betrayal, guilt, regret, and blame were just a few. Blame was a huge one but who to blame, herself or him, had been a constant battle. She shouldn't have left the cove in the first place. If she had stayed would he have stayed? Though why did he choose to leave while she was gone with no warning? She knew of his thoughts of leaving the cove but didnt actually think he would...or should she say hoped he wouldnt. But he did. She came back to the cove empty, void of her family, not a sign anywhere. Though she also placed the blame on the universe and the coyotes. Had there not been a landslide to steal her husband away would any of them have left? Or if those vermin hadnt taken over the lore could they have all lived happily ever after? They would never know so there was no use in dwelling on it. Especially when the majority of her life was now behind her.

Recomposing herself by clearing her throat the ebony Eastfall woman responded "I've seen better days for sure. But I spent two years searchin' for everyone - Chan, Nash, Staryn, ya, Tulip...anyone. I periodically returned home hopin' someone found their way back 'n to visit Tagg. Then I decided to return to the cove for the last time when the boys found me." She smiled at him from the fondness of the memory as her banner gave a few more wags. "They were here with Aleister 'n Neha, all wantin' to revive the cove. So here we are." She chuckled, proud of the work they accomplished and the home they were able to rebuild. It was good to be home.

Word Count: 465
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
He smiled when she pawed at him. They might be getting on in age but he felt they both still had some spunk left in them. As their stoll through the forest progressed they seemed to fall into an easiness that he missed. His words filled the air around them as he told her about how he'd been and the children. He missed them of course but as he told her they were living their lives and he couldn't be upset with them for it. After all he'd some the same when he was their age. Kajika did grow concerned when after he asked about her the look of pain crossed her features. Without a word he rubbed his muzzle against hers in an effort to comfort her.

She went on to explain about what had occurred in her life since they'd last seen each other. "I am glad that you returned that last time when you found Aleister," he stated, "I might never have found you but I am sorry you had to spend the last two years without your family. I wish I had known."
She'd brought up something that he'd been wondering about since he'd returned and realized that Tagg wasn't there too. "What happened to Tagg?" He asked cautiously. Kajika had a rather bad feeling about what had befallen his friend.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

So sorry! I finally figured out how to write this so that everyone's stories lined up <3

She leaned into his comforting nudge before continuing on with her story. Her best friend stated his happiness for her returning home to find Aleister and her boys. Then continued on to say he may not have found her otherwise. A small sad smile of appreciation appeared on her speckled maw as he apologized for what she went through in those two years. That smile quickly disappeared as he asked what happened to Tagg. Mercury pools went wide as she realized he didnt know. How could he? He and Birtie had left before the slide happened. Her eyes began to well up with mist as a low whine rumbled from her throat. She parted her jaws to speak but nothing came out. A few more moments of tense silence between them passed before the onyx woman was able to answer. "Oh Kajika...T-Tagg's gone." The mist in her eyes were partly her own pain but instead mostly for the pain she knew this news was going to bring him.

Word Count: 168
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Kajika felt badly that Moonshadow had been through all that she had. All while he and Birtie had gone off and started a new life. It wasn't right that he hadn't been there to help her through the tough times. He understood there wasn't much he could do about the past. It was the present that he had to worry about now. As long as he was there he would make sure she didn't have to go through anything alone if she would allow him to be there for her. Though he couldn't imagine why she wouldn't, they'd already been through so much together. There was just one thing. He'd noticed the longer that he'd been in the cove that Tagg wasn't there. Kajika hadn't wanted to bring him up knowing it would be a sore subject. Moon and Tagg had loved each other so he couldn't imagine them just parting ways. His suspicion that it was bad was confirmed when she grew quiet. He didn't say anything allowing her the time she needed. He felt his heart clench at the words she spoke. Tagg was gone. It was a shock to say the least amd for a long time he didn't speak as he tried to process the news she'd given him.

He wanted to know what had happened but he didn't ask then. It was clear she wasn't up to answering questions then so instead he moved forward and embraced her. "I'm so sorry Moonshadow. I'm going to miss him. He was a good man and he was good to you and the boys."
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Oof I am so sorry bout this wait! :( <3

The pain was alot, though not nearly as much as when it was fresh. It was something she knew would never fully go away, that it was now a part of her. Silver orbs looked upon her best friend as he processed the terrible news. The tears in her eyes broke the dam and flowed down her cheeks as he embraced her. She held onto him tightly, in a wolfish hug as he spoke. His words and embrace brought an amount of comfort she didnt know she needed. A small sob was released into his chocolate fur as she shut her eyes tight to try to stifle the river of tears. She held her embrace for a few extra moments before finally peeling herself away from him. The inky woman looked into the amber gaze of her oldest friend in the world, a sad small smile appeared on her salt and pepper maw. "Let's go visit him. He's buried near the original cove's communal den. He'd like a visit from ya." She gave his cheek a small nudge before turning in the direction towards their old home across the lake. She would tell him the specifics either on their walk or when they arrived. She didnt want to blind side him with the large rock burial they had no choice but to give the fallen hero. However, she didnt know how to explain exactly what happened without showing him. It was a sad reality but one she had to share with him, they all were family afterall.

-FADE-

Word Count: 257