(See All?) Announcements
563 Users Online
Google, Bing

Getting Used to Some Place New
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
The Raven was finding her way around the cove and becoming more comfortable in it. She'd found it easy to grow accustomed to getting around even with her leg. Oksana hadn't ever really been that worried about it since she'd always dine well at adapting. She found an old deer path that ran through the center of the territory and decidided to follow it. 

There wasn't any kind if trail to follow she was mostly just curious about where it went. She was still in the process of getting to know the territory. It wasn't Hearthwood after all. She'd known her birthplace so well having grown up in it. Movement in the brush had caught her attention causing her to stop along the trail. 
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was on the prowl. She had noticed that this morning there tended to be an awful lot of birds around. She was excited to see all the bird and wanted to see if she could catch one.

In the forest she was slowly stalking her prey. She had eyes on a great big one and was slowly inching up to it. She had thought of the tactics she used against Nash, and thought that she should watch her steps a bit carefully. She got really really close to the bird and decided to pounce at it.

She jumped at the bird with all her might, and snagged a few feathers in her mouth. She tasted blood and knew that she had her prey.

In catching the Bird she had burst through some bush and came out on a deer trail where she saw a familiar face.

"Oh hello Oksana, I see you caught me in the middle er..well..end of a hunt I guess."

She said this with a mouthful of magpie and slightly chuckled at the other.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana was rather enjoying her explorations. The more she saw of her new home the more she knew she would loke living on the mountain. She already had a couple of friends amongst the wolves of the cove. Over time she hoped that she would gain more. The crow wasn't expecting much to happen on her walk that day.

So imagine her surprise when a wolf came bursting onto the very path she was taking. Naturally Oksana was started at first. So much so she took a couple of steps back. It was this perspective that allowed her to see that it was Siyet with a bird in her mouth. "Hello Siyet, I see you've been successful as well," greeted the crow with a smile and friendly wag of her tail. "Have you been out here long?" The young Baranski wondered how sue hadn't noticed the other womans scent if she'd really been so close by. She shrugged it off and focused on the bird holding woman in front of her.
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was glad to see a familiar face. Even though she had fewer encounters with Oksana than some. She payed down with the bird she caught and looked up at the other girl.

"I haven't been out here too long. Just 30 or so minutes." She glanced down at the bird and thought that maybe Oksana might like some. "Well if you are hungry I don't mind sharing my bird a bit, there are always more to be caught. They seem to be pretty numerous today" She let out a chuckle and smiled at the other. Wondering if she would partake in the offer.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana was rather happy that she'd run into Siyet. She rather liked the other woman and thought that they hadn't had a really good chance to get to know each other. Now seemed like it would be a good chance.

"Well, you must be good at catching birds then," Oksana commented watching as Siyet put the bird down. She was a little surprised by the offer that was made but she smiled, "Now that you mention it I am feeling a little peckish. I will only have some if you do as well." After all it was the other woman who'd caught the bird so she should definitely get some too.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was glad Oksana took her up on her offer.

"I have had a lot of practice with birds. As a pup I was only able to practice on them, as the other larger animals were way to big for me. I had only joined the hunting party when I got separated from my original back, so I didn't practice on much anything else.

She chuckled, it was silly that she was only good at birds, but at least it was something. She took the bird in her paws and jaws and ripped it it half, nudging half to the Oksana with a smile.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was glad Oksana took her up on her offer.

"I have had a lot of practice with birds. As a pup I was only able to practice on them, as the other larger animals were way to big for me. I had only joined the hunting party when I got separated from my original back, so I didn't practice on much anything else.

She chuckled, it was silly that she was only good at birds, but at least it was something. She took the bird in her paws and jaws and ripped it it half, nudging half to the Oksana with a smile.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana was glad to have this opportunity to share a snack with Siyet. She hoped that in time they might become good friends. She smiled as the other woman explained how she'd become so good at hunting birds. "I don't think there's anything wrong with that. We are all good at one thing or another." She took a moment to think about what she was good at while Siyet tore the bird in half.

The Crow settled down to enjoy her snack, "Birds are too quick for me," she said with a small smiling, "But I can catch other things. I'm just not always as successful as I'd like to be. Maybe being with the Cove we can both get better at other prey."
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Oksana has reassured Siyet that hunting birds was a good skill to have, being that they are quick. This helped Siyet's self esteem a bit, and she was glad to have bumped into Oksana.

"yeah, my small stature does make it a little harder for me to take down anything too large, but I do have quickness to my advantage."

She started to dig into the bird and she thought of a question, "So how did you even end up here? In the Cove and meet all of them? It's just interesting that there have been a few newcomers lately, myself included. My old pack almost never had outsiders."
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana chewed on a bite of her bird while Siyet spoke more about her skills hunting larger prey. It was nice to have run into the other woman and have the chance to share a few moments to get to know each other better.

"Thats the thing though, you might be to small to do it on your own but in a pack your small stature and speed can be a real advantage to the pack."

Oksana might not have participated in a lot of pack hunts but she'd watched plenty. The hunts with her mother had also taught her a lot. She wasn't too surprised when she was asked how she came to be in the cove.

"Well, I used to live here in the lore as a pup and yearling only much further north. I left with my mother for a long time but returned she became sick. She knew that it was her time some how and wanted to come back and be laid to rest alongside her parents. I told her I would make sure. After that I stayed in the lore and ran into Aleister, we talked and then parted ways. A few months later we met again at the lake here on the mountain, he offered me a home them and I took him up on it,"