(See All?) Announcements
551 Users Online
Google, Bing, Sophrosnia, Isla

Kids screaming in their cradles — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Wrynn
Wrynn felt his heart jump up into his throat at the kid's question of what a dad was. What? Surely Seri should know as he would have two parents- oh. Oh, it seemed he had assumed the young wolf had both parents around. This was bad. What if his mother had purposefully not told the kid about his dad? Oh dear, now for sure he had accidentally done something bad. "Um, well.. it's like a mom sorta... but, y'know, for a guy?" He didn't know how to explain it properly to a kid that didn't even know what a dad was.

Had he not felt as if he had just made a big mistake, he might've been glad at making a friend with this loner kid. His tail tapped on the ground, but not in excitement, it was closer to needing to release some of the nervousness trapped inside his body. "Thanks, kid. I could use a friend," Wrynn said with an attempt at a smile, wanting to keep Seri happy for as long as he needed to make a quick escape before he said something else dumb. He did not to be on a mother's hit list. "This Alarick sounds... sounds nice. Hope you see him again soon."

With that he clambered ungracefully up to all fours, giving a quick shake of his fur to rid it of any leaves and dirt it had accumulated during his fall. Even though Seri had yet to reach full maturity, he was already slightly bigger than Wrynn, and he found himself still looking up at the boy from where he stood. "But uh, I should probably go. Need to um... need to find somewhere to sleep before it, before it gets dark." His words were a bit of a stuttered mess, and he turned a shoulder away from the kid in preparation to make a mad dash away and somewhere he'd be alone again.
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

He seemed to be taken aback by the question. A mom sorta, but for a guy? Well, that just meant he would have to find another guy to ask about it, because this one sure didn’t seem to know the answer… Still, he seemed to react well to the offer of friendship, and Seri was quite oblivious to the nerves the man was feeling… he made his way onto all fours and Seri opened his maw to offer that he could crash with Seri and his mom, but he was gone before the offer could escape his lips.

How strange of a wolf that man was… he tried to shake it off with a frown on his features as he turned away and started to head back home, a million and one questions burning in his brain, but one standing out amongst the rest: What was a dad, and was he supposed to have one? Somehow, it didn’t feel like a question for his mom, so he was just going to have to figure out the answer on his own.

Fade

[Image: zHxmDjA.png]
Played by Melorama who has 66 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Wrynn
The nervousness in his body was reaching a breaking point, and even though it was extremely rude of him to leave without saying a proper goodbye, and to a new friend at that, he quickly turned away and sped off. He was more than happy to go further and further away from Seri's mother, and would travel for a while before settling down for the night. The sun was still high enough in the sky that he had time to create some extra distance that it would be too bothersome for him to be tracked down. But he did have a thought that it would be nice to see Seri again, maybe when he was a little older and his mother wouldn't be so protective of him.

And so Wrynn travelled on, this time being a little more safe about the route he took, deciding to go either under or around any future felled trees he came across. There was only so much of a beating his poor lungs and back could take.

Fade