(See All?) Announcements
592 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

here i turn the page
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Molo who has 472 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
He had made his decision, spurred by his conversation with Chan and after his own expedition. Perhaps his goal would not come to fruition or end up working out. Jet knew there was a very real chance of that, but he at very least had to try. He would never know if there could be another place out there for him, or others that he could call friends if he did not search for them. So that was what he’d do.

But not right away, and definitely not without having a couple of very important conversations. The first of which had to be with Siyet, as Jethro did not want his friend hearing what he had to say, from anyone else but him. He’d also.. pondered asking her to join him but.. he could wait and see how it went, first. She surely had made as much a home out of this place as he had, if not arguably more so, and Jet was not sure he wanted to take her from that or ask her to choose.

For now, he’d taken to roaming the territory, searching the areas and the snow caves she most often frequented, in hopes of locating his friend.

@Siyet - here we go!
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was looking out of her snow cave, she wanted to get a little bit of sunlight, and maybe go get a drink from the lake. As she was poking her head out she saw a familiar face in the nearby distance. She got out of the cave and trotted over to him. She was happy to see him. Her feelings for him had never subsided, and she always felt happy when he was around.

She flashed him a smile before saying,

"Oh hey there Jet! How are you doing? I haven't seen you since the Lynx, your injury doing okay?"

She looked over him for the scratches that the Lynx has given him and could see scars of where he had been cut. She hopped that they didn't hurt too much.
Jethrᴏ Kane
He was not sure how long he’d been at the search when she emerged from the snow quite suddenly. White wolves could blend in quite well during the winter months, which was something Jet envied just a little bit. His friend offered him a smile and a friendly greeting. Though he was quite happy to see her in return, the weight of what he had to confess prevented Jethro from offering much aside from a slight smile and nod in return.

Siyet’s first instinct was to inquire about the lynx, which was something he’d nearly forgotten about, at this point. ”Oh. It’s good, stopped botherin’ me a while ago. There is.. uh, something else, though.” The dark one took in a breath at that. He’d tried to rehearse, to plan the words before, but that didn’t really help, now.

So the best thing to do was probably just to say it. ”I think I’m gonna be leavin’ the Cove, soon. And I wanted you to know before anyone else.” It was a big thing, to admit that, aloud. After the nature of their last conversation though, Jet wasn’t quite sure what sort of reaction to expect, from his friend. He just hoped it did not cause her too much pain.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was taken aback by Jethro's words. She was glad he was not feeling hurt anymore but now he had said that he is leaving??

Siyet wasn't sure how to feel about this. She looked up at him tears welling in her eyes before all the could utter was a small " No.." she repeated this several times, eyes still welling up. She first backed up as she was doing this, then started biting at his shoulder in protest.

She did not want him to leave..she had already confessed her love for him and had been rejected..to have him up and leave now..that was more than she could handle.
Jethrᴏ Kane
In an instant, the smile was gone, replaced entirely by a look of anguish. No, she repeated, several times over. A pain sharper than anything Jet had ever felt before, physically or emotionally, stabbed through his heart witnessing that. More so, when it looked like Siyet was going to run away. But then she didn’t. Instead, her teeth were tearing at his shoulder, and he turned it forth for his friend to have, surmising he would much rather deal with the possibility of physical pain than emotional.

A soft, apologetic wine escaped him, but the dark one remained still, deciding there was nothing to do but try to explain. ”See.. I wanna try to help others find somethin’ like what we got, here. Others that need it, like when Nori found me, or when I met you. But I wanna do it on my own terms,” Jethro spoke softly, knowing he owed her at least this explanation, if not so very much more. ”I want to lead it. I want to try. I have to try.” It wasn’t something he could easily explain with words, at least not without taking more time and going into more detail than he wanted to at the moment. This was something he had to do for himself, to prove to himself that he could be more than he’d ever been expected to become - hopefully he could convince his friend to see that.

With a deep breath, the dark one moved to rest his chin across the other’s neck if she’d let him, in what he hoped would be an assuring fashion. ”This doesn’t have to be goodbye forever, either,” he murmured softly. ”If it doesn't work out, I'll be back. But if it does, and I find another place to make my home, I would not mind havin’ you there, too.” The choice was hers to make. And she was also an influence responsible for this dream, too. It made sense to offer her a chance to be a part of it.
(This post was last modified: Feb 24, 2022, 02:26 AM by Jethro.)
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was listening to his words. He was wanting to find a place like the Cove for others. To lead it. To do it his way. She let go of his shoulder and she nuzzled her with his chin. She accepted this and he spoke about possibly being back. Even going far enough to say he wouldn't mind Siyet going with.

She thought about it when still embracing him. She didn't have too much here. She had a few friends here like Oksana, but Chan had left. She turned to look at Jethro and with tears still in her eyes.

" I..was lost. I didn't have anyone. My pack gone. You helped me find a wonderful place I could call home. I...think I would want to do the same...do for others like what you did for me. I...think I want to go with you."

With this she embraced him again, even harder. Not wanting to let go.
Jethrᴏ Kane
Relief settled in as his friend listened, and seemed to accept the explanation he’d offered. Her demeanor and posture shifted into an embrace, something the dark one leaned into. He let his eyes close to just enjoy the silence of the moment before Siyet pulled back and began to speak. She was still teary-eyed, but it was still far better than what it had been before.

An inkling of a smile began to creep across his face as she did, stating that she would like to both share the idea, and this possible future home, if they were able to find one. ”We’ll have to talk with Aleister, at some point, then,” Jet mused softly. He didn’t suppose the man would be too thrilled to be losing both of them, and Chan, in such a short period. But he seemed like the understanding sort, and Jet was optimistic about that.

Siyet leaned closer again, though, and he did not refuse the touch. ”Whatever happens, though, I’m glad.. not to be doin’ this, alone. Thank you, for understanding. And being here for me, too.” He would’ve tried on his own, anyway. But having a trusted friend to begin this with, would be rather nice.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
did you wanna fade and then do a thread with Al after this?

Siyet sighed. She was glad she be able to go with him and he seemed amicable about her going with. This made her smile and should could help but give him a lick on the cheek.

" Thank you. We will make something amazing for others I'm sure of it l."

His thoughts about Al were probably right. Hopefully he wouldn't have too much of an issue with it once we explained our reasoning for wanting to do this.
Jethrᴏ Kane
”We will. And for us, too.” Jet agreed warmly, happy to take a moment to imagine the future. As he stood there, relishing the embrace of his friend, Jet couldn’t help but think of Nori. Gone for months now, but always there, somewhere in his memory. And of what Siyet had told him last time, about.. her feelings. He wondered what he would have said, had it been Nori. What did he feel for his lost friend? And what did he feel for the one standing with him now?

Jethro was not sure how to answer either of those things. But he had time to think about them. Plenty of time to sort that out as he wandered, searching for a new home, and others to join them.

-ya, we can fade! And hopefully do a thread with Al soon too.