485 Users Online
Bing, Google

Desert Elevator Music — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
@Aleister  Mid-morning, light snow 17.6°F/-8°C

Lost lake had provided the young Baranaki a quiet place to rest. She'd been able to find shelter and enough food to get by. As always Oksana did well enough for herself. She thought Inna would be proud that she was out making it on her own. There wasn't a day that she didn't think about her mother. Still it had seemed hard at first but slowly it became easier. She was glad for that at least but her mindset had changed. She didn't want to be a loner her for the rest of her life. She wanted more than the daily struggles.

She'd been in a pack once and had liked living with others. She thought she might like to again.

For now she set out to do a little more exploring of the area. She wanted to see what she'd missed in the time away. Her paws had carried her toward a place her mother had called poisoned path. She picked her way through the overgrown trails she knew had once been there. For a moment she stopped to check out a small alcove under the roots of a tree. 

Table by Arla
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

"My mother always warned me to stay away from this place." Aleister had quickly realized who was peering under the tree as he followed the trail she left as she entered the forbidden place Namid warned him against. Only because she was worried about him eating the poisonous plants that usually littered the trail. Mismatched gaze looked over to Oksana as a small smile crossed his ebony lips. He was happy to see she was still around and decided to travel a little closer to his home, though Aleister was still unsure if she did so on purpose or was letting her wanderlust bring her here. "It's nice to see you again, Oksana," he greeted with a smile as his banner waved behind his hocks as he stood a little ways away from the ebony woman as the light snow fell down between them.

(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2021, 03:14 PM by Aleister.)
[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

The voice that spoke from behind her brought a smile to her face before she turned to face him. With one last sniff into the alcove she rose to her full height. "Then maybe it's lucky for me you chose to not heed her warning," she said turning to face him finally. She was still smiling and her tail swayed in a friendly manner behind her. In regards to what he said she remembered her mother speaking of the nightshade that grew there. "It seems harmless now," she said looking around the area where she knew the plants would eventually grow again. "Its good to see you again too Aleister. I do hope you've been well since we last met." In that moment she wasn't sure if she'd stayed in the area of the lake to be able to see him again or if it was as she'd told herself, that it was a quiet place to rest. 

Table by Arla
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

"I never was a good listener," he joked as she turned to face him at last, her smile bright as he met her tangerine gaze. When Aleister last saw her, he wasn't sure if he would ever see the ebony woman again, but he knew he would be happy if she did decide to make another appearance. Now here she was so close to his home again.

"I've actually been quite well. We've settled along the Lake in a nice little cove." Aleister replied with a grin, his banner waving behind him in a friendly manner. The Vuesain was finally happy to have settled with his ragtag group. No more worry or anxiety if they would ever claim the Lake, though now he had to figure out this whole leading thing. His duties were coming pretty natural to him, though there hasn't been anything yet to challenge him. "How have you been?" He asked as he closed the distance that was between him, settling upon his haunches.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

"You're not the only one," she stated once she turned around. A small laugh passed her lips afterward. She let her gaze pass over him making sure that he was okay. Oksana wasn't sure why it mattered so much to her when they'd only met that one time. Maybe she felt they could become friends. She supposed she figure it all out later because he was speaking again. 

"I'm pleased you've been well and you have an exciting new development. The lake is a beautiful place to settle." She thought she'd smelled other wolves during her explorations but not knowing their situation had chosen to keep to herself and encroach. Now she wondered if maybe she should have. He turned the question back on her, she smiled. "I have been well also. I found a little place not too far from the lake to rest up for a little while." Her time by the lake had also helped her to finally grieve her mother properly. She sat down across from him, "I was wondering, I know we talked a little about it before but what's it like living on the mountain?" She asked her tone a little more serious.

Table by Arla
(This post was last modified: Mar 31, 2021, 08:50 PM by Oksana.)
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

A smile crossed his ebony lips again as a laugh passed through hers, his mismatched gaze watching as she swept hers across his body. His lingered, wondering if her limp has gotten any worse. Knowing loner life wouldn’t be easy with that unfortunately. As he spoke about his new found home, he couldn’t help think of ways he could him Oksana. Though, he was unsure if she wanted any of his help.

Another smile crossed his maw as she was happy with his success and complimented the beauty of his home. Oksana went on to tell him she had actually settled by the lake to rest for a while. He was surprised this was the first time running into each other since she came this way. Though, the lake was quite large and many could settle along its shores. “Oh, well I’m happy you are nearby for a little while.”

The ebony woman settled upon her haunches across from him as she spoke again this time a question passed from her lips. “Well, it’s not for everyone. Terrible winters, poisonious plants trying to kill ya,” he smirked as he eyed the dormant plants around them. “But it’s a place like no others. The views are excellent and the bragging rights to say you live on a mountain are what really seals the deal.” He answered with a playful smile. Aleister could remember the look he got from @Viorel when he told him he lived on the mountain.

“You know I could probably swing it with the big guy and see if he’d let join in with the pack if you’d like?” He offered with a playful smirk. “Then you could get the real experience of living on the mountain.”

(This post was last modified: May 03, 2021, 02:20 AM by Aleister.)
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Oksana realized how easy it was to be herself and joke around Aleister. She thought perhaps they could in time become good friends. It would be a nice thing to have a friend when she now found herself walking the land alone. Losing track of everyone she cared about and then her mother had been a devastating blow. She still had hope of making a good life for herself but the path had yet to become clear to her. 

The young Crow had taken note of how his gaze swept across her. The smile she wore grew a little wider as he spoke of being happy she was nearby. It seemed a lot had happened for him since they last spoke and she was truly happy that things were going so well for him. "I'm happy to be here and have this chance to visit with you again," she stated a bit shyly, "The truth is I'm not sure I'm ready to leave this place." It held so much for her that after spending some time by the lake it was a little hard for her to let it go and move on. She wasn't ready just yet. 

So a question had formed in her mind which she voiced and he was honest in his answer though it carried a joking quality to it. "Well the winters don't bother me. I've seen quite a few terrible ones in the many places I've live." She looked around at the plants he spoke of and laughed a little, "You're not scared of a few little plants are you Aleister?" She joked. 

He went on to tell her more about the views before mentioning bragging rights. Again she laughed, "Got to have those but it has to be wonderful waking up to the views in the morning, and the mountain air being the first thing your greeted with as you open your eyes," she said the last bit in a wistful tone. 

Her gaze had drifted around the plant filled clearing but snapped back as he offered her a place in the pack, his pack. "Really?" She asked still not over the sudden offer. She wouldn't have to leave this place before she was ready. As the shock wore off she realized she didn't have to think about it. "If the big guy is okay with it I would really like that. I'm sure I could become quite accustomed to living on the mountain." 

Table by Arla
(This post was last modified: May 09, 2021, 02:53 PM by Oksana.)
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
My apologies for the late reply! One more from you then I can fade out! <3

Smiling at her words, he truly was happy to see her again. She seemed like a good soul and one he easily could see himself growing close to. Hearing that she wasn’t just ready to leave the mountain yet helped his decision even more. Fallen Tree Cove had been home to many souls and most of them were wanderers before getting captured by the beauty of the mountain. Aleister was happy his home captured Oksana.

After the shock wore off, she was eager to become accustomed to mountain living, Aleister gave the ebony woman a grin. “Well so be it. Welcome to Sanguine Cove, Oksana.” He was sure she would adjust to living on the mountain, hell she was doing it already. “Would you like to have a tour?” He asked with a sly smile.

(This post was last modified: May 27, 2021, 02:50 AM by Aleister.)
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
I'm sorry I'm so late as well. I cool for you to fade with your next post.

She certainly hadn't been expecting an offer to join his pack. Once the shock of it wore off she was excited by the prospect. Oksana felt that she had seen enough to know that the Lore had at one time been completely abandon. Now wolves were either coming back or arriving for the first time. She hadn't really been ready to move on just to find more of the sake lonely lands. 

Now she didn't. Instead she would be able to settle down and make a home. Maybe that had been what she'd wanted the entire time. Most importantly she knew Aleister and she felt that in time they could become close friends. 

She smiled when he welcomed her to his home, "Thank you Aleister. I'm sure that this is the right place for me." Though it wasn't Driftwood or Kingsfall she knew that it could be a good home for her. Then he offered her a tour which brought another smile and took a step toward him, "I would love a tour if your going to be my tour guide."

(This post was last modified: Jun 18, 2021, 10:16 PM by Oksana.)
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

"You're welcome and I hope so," he answered genuinely. Aleister hoped the Cove was the right place for everyone, it was a legacy he knew his Mother and Father would have love have lived on. With her step towards her, he fell into step alongside her and began to lead her back. "Well of course, I would be honored," the Vuesain answered with a soft smirk.

FADE