520 Users Online
Google, Khalon, Bing

hurry up before your blood runs cold — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 350 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer
Role claiming!

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

It was hard to believe it had been almost a year… at least, that was what it felt like. She had watched the phases of the moon come and go and it felt as though it had been almost fifty two moons. She hummed to herself as she emerged from her storage, a determined look on her features as a result, a wicked grin lighting her features. To say she was determined was an understatement. She was seeking out the man in charge. She had something to accomplish. She had never bothered to claim the role before, figuring it was fairly self-explanatory, but at this point it felt rather silly to not have the full title.

She was a healer, and while she knew that many called her a healer, she ought to be a healer. He wasn’t going to question it. She sat just outside the den, calling for @Chan with a lack of urgency in her tone because she did not want to pull him away from things of a greater importance. It would weigh on her if she had done that and she could be patient until he had the time to get to her. She sat down to enjoy a snack that Nash had brought for her earlier while she waited, figuring it was as good a time as any to make sure that she was taking care of herself.

Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan rested near the shore, appreciating the peace the empty banks offered. He'd nearly dozed off when Aquene's voice lifted into the sky, rousing him back into the waking world. With a yawn and a stretch, he shook off the lethargy and set forth to meet with the young woman. There hadn't been any urgency in her tone, thankfully, but he still had no reason to keep her waiting unnecessarily. After all, she tended to critically important matters.

When she came into view, happiness passed over his frame, from the smile on his lips to the rhythmic wag of his tail.

"Hey. What's up?"
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

She did not have to wait long for the man to appear, a soft smile on her own features as he came into view, a serious expression quickly falling though her voice had a certain level of mirth to it as she spoke in an almost teasing manner. “I think it’s time I finally claim an official role in the pack… what do you think? Guardian? I think I’d make a rather good fit for it.” She was teasing of course, everyone already knew there was one role that she was particularly suited for and passionate about. Healing was her life, and it always had been.

She had come to settle in nicely, and unlike her former counterpart in her cousin, she had found a new home here. She missed her family, sure, but she had a new family here, and she would protect them with all of the skills that she had been given over the years. She was glad that she hadn’t run for the hills after her first encounter with Aleister, and instead had come with him to be their healer.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's ears tipped forward with interest as she spoke, a soft "oh?" coming off his lips at the initial declaration. In all honesty, he'd thought that matter had already been squared away between her and Aleister. Clearly, he should have asked rather than assume.

Guardian? He laughed, smiling broadly.

"Perfect, Nash won't stop going on and on about becoming a doctor. We'll just switch ya, yeah?"
(This post was last modified: Dec 14, 2021, 02:10 AM by Chan.)
Aquene Slayer

She saw the interest pique in his features and raised a brow in turn, wondering just what was crossing through his mind. The question adding in and she frowned. Had he not been expecting it? She wasn’t sure but there was a part of her that was certainly too afraid to ask about it. She got him laughing and the mirth cast upon a wide grin, dancing in her eyes as she laughed as well. Nash as a doctor? She cared deeply for the younger Eastfall, as she was sure everyone was aware, but the idea of him as a doctor frankly scared her to high heaven.

She was the doctor, not him, and that was more than okay because he had the brawn and teeth for the both of them. “I’ll pass on the news myself,” she teased back lightheartedly. “But between you and me… you might want to start looking for another doctor. I fear his medical knowledge might not be up to par and he might ingest something he shouldn’t.” She was, perhaps, having far too much fun with this. A more serious look fell across her features in that moment as she continued on.

“In all seriousness, I never claimed the medic role because I never felt I had the time for it… was always too busy just doing the role, you know? But I feel like now it’s just silly for me not to have it.” Everyone knew she was the pack doctor anyway.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan snickered goodheartedly.

"Please really do tell Nash he's being reassigned and you've taken over his duties. I don't even gotta be there, just imagining the face he'd make is so worth it."

He couldn't help making the request before abiding her bid for sobriety. Maybe Nash would catch on right away, but Chan was about 90% sure he wouldn't know how to take the declaration.

"You've more than earned it in my opinion, and I'm sure everyone else would agree. We trust you."

By now, she had proven that her age was not a handicap; that she not only possessed the knowledge, but also the maturity to hold such a critical role.

"What would you have us call you?"
(This post was last modified: Dec 15, 2021, 07:44 AM by Chan.)
Aquene Slayer

She chuckled and rolled her eyes in a friendly exasperated manner at the mention of telling Nash. “I’ll consider it.” She teased back, though she would likely tell this story to him without a second thought about it. “I’m sure he would agree with our expert opinions. He could make a fine healer.” He really could, if he wanted to put the time and effort into it, but he was more the guardian type just as she had no interest in his job and vastly preferred performing her own duties.

She had more than earned it. The words made her delighted, more than she thought they were. It was the validation that she was doing a good job. Of course, she knew that she had, but the ghosts of her past and her failings back in her birth pack had lingered over her and always made her second guess herself and her own abilities. There were still demons that she was running from.

“I’m honored to have earned such faith.” She offered back with a smile, wondering in what she should be called as the question fell and she hummed. “In my birth pack, healers were called Shamans… perhaps Shaman? Or healer. Either or works, really.”

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
The word was not one he'd personally heard in the Lore before, but still a term and role he was familiar with. It was her title, it was important for it to mean something to her. He had no qualms about breaking from Cove tradition, and if Aleister wanted differently, well... he'd yet to approach Chan about reclaiming his place, and the Eastfall worried a little less every passing day about whether or not he was doing things in a way that attempted to put first the Vuesain vision.

What mattered was this happy, healthy pack of wolves.

"Shaman of Sanguine Cove it is."

There was little to adjust, as far as Chan knew; he'd always considered the medical den Aquene's, given she was the one to dig, supply and tend to it. It would be unfair, in his eyes, to act any differently. However, maybe she had ideas and suggestions she thought not her place as 'just' a subordinate. He wanted to be sure they were receptive to her full input; she was, after all, their resident expert.

"I want you to continue to do what makes you feel productive and fulfilled, rather than set-in-stone any responsibilities. All I ask is that you remember that your word has and will continue to have great weight - you will be who I turn to for anything related to the health of our members, and I'm sure the others will do the same."
Aquene Slayer

Carrying the same title her mother and siblings had carried before her meant the world to her, though she had never shared that tidbit in why she wanted that particular title. He agreed with it and the smile spread warmly across her features, a lightness in her eyes that was just uniquely her with her caring and kind disposition. Shaman of Sanguine Cove. It made her heart bounce more than she thought it would. Truth be told, she didn’t know how it would feel to have the title, but it had felt right. Apart from the title, nothing else much changed, and she knew that. She had been acting as a healer long before this and would continue to do so after.

She nodded at his words, understanding fully the responsibility that she was taking on with everything being official. “I understand, and appreciate your trust in my medical opinion.” She knew sometimes there could be those who might argue with her opinion but she doubted anyone in her home would. She had been well established. “I suppose I ought to get back to work then.” There was always much to do, wolves to treat even if it was for the minor things… better treat it as a minor inconvenience than a major life-threatening illness, after all.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan smiled and nodded. Whatever Aquene saw fit to do, he trusted it was beneficial for the pack as a whole. That was already more than he could ask of her, and so the leader was perfectly happy to let her go about her business once more. The matter was considered adjourned. Chan angled back toward the lake's shore, intent on returning to his resting place and attempting once more to get a bit of sleep.

"Thanks again for all you do," he tossed over his shoulder as a way of bidding farewell.