(See All?) Announcements
530 Users Online
Google

There's never a last time
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 607 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash had a hard time watching people as he spoke to them, but he was getting good at reading them while they responded - when he wasn't afraid of what they were going to say. He was less afraid of Chan; he didn't think his brother would condemn him, and so Nash felt comfortable watching the older man closely once he'd finished his speech.

Chan's voice was soft with emotion, but which one Nash couldn't be sure. He hoped it was good, although he'd understand if the revelation was bittersweet. Had he been looking forward to sharing the world with his little brother? His next words were encouraging, and Nash smiled gently, though his ears flicked at the use of the L word. He hadn't even really used that word in his own reflections, and he didn't think he'd say it out loud until it was to her - assuming he ever felt safe enough to do so. He was so afraid of rejection, but he really felt like she might feel...

"I'm going to talk to her soon," he said, "So I'd appreciate it if you didn't say anything to anyone? I haven't even talked to mom about it, and I really feel like Aquene ought to hear it from me first..." He hadn't even planned on saying anything to Chan, but it felt like a good time to bring it up. He didn't want to talk about the other things going on in his head right now anyway. At least this was something good.

Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
He hadn't intended the word to be quite as deep as Nash may have heard it - in Chan's experience, soul mates could take several tries to find, and it didn't mean you hadn't loved the ones who came before. It would be understood, however. Chan remembered clearly the first time he had fallen for another wolf, all the promises his young tongue had made. Now, they might as well have never been uttered. He hadn't cherished his time spent with Marissa any less, however.

Chan was happy that Nash was willing to open himself up to Aquene as well, rather than trying to stifle these likely novel emotions out of fear.

"Of course," he answered with an encouraging smile. Chan wasn't a gossip, and as thankful as he was that Nash had confided in him, it wasn't his business - it wasn't as though he were planning on declaring his feelings by making a pyre out of their den or some other crazy choice the older brother would feel compelled to stop.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash offered his brother a more genuine smile this time. He felt a little better, having found something for them to talk about that didn't involve missing family members and pups without a mother. That didn't mean the feelings weren't still there, that they wouldn't come back with a vengeance when he was alone.

He sighed and bumped his head into his brother's shoulder. "I'm gonna miss you when you go," he said quietly. "If you can... give me a heads up before you do?" So I have time to prepare, he didn't say.

Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
"I'll miss you too," he assured his brother, reciprocating the touch by hooking his throat over Nash's neck and pulling him in tight for a bear hug. He held on for a moment, before letting go and giving Nash a more wry grin.

"Of course I will. I'm gonna say goodbye too, ya nut."

He wouldn't be disappearing in the night, but the teasing was made lightly as he understood very well where his brother's concerns lie. Rather than embarrass, he was simply trying to allay the fears he knew the other wolf was afflicted by in a light-hearted manner.
(This post was last modified: Jan 26, 2022, 06:20 PM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash loved his brother, and he would continue to do so even when he left. At least his brother had the grace to make sure Nash knew it was on the horizon. The younger Eastfall nodded and embraced his brother in return, then allowed himself a huff of a laugh and a half-hearted paw-swipe at Chan's head in response to his tease.

"You better, or I'll have to hunt you down," he teased back. "I'll drag you back here to say goodbye to our mother by your tail if I have to." he flashed a grin. Laughing about it was better than being sad. He could deal with the sadness when Chan was gone. For now, he wanted to enjoy his brother's company.

FADE