(See All?) Announcements
518 Users Online
Bing, Google, Clover, Nash

Asking For Help Doesn't Make You Weak — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana smiled, "He certainly is a good father." She laughed as her kind drifted to a memory, "There was a time he and I got into an argument. It was after I'd broken my leg. A bear had come into the Surge and I wanted to of course help fight it and he wouldn't let me. He was very calm and never yelled just used logic to get me on his side. I can't ever remember him yelling at anyone not even my mother when she was being difficult. We are both lucky to have him in our lives." She couldn't believe that she had found someone else who knew and further more related to Lachesis. "I suppose that makes us kind of like sisters," she added smiling. Oksana'd never had a sister. Then Aquene informed her that Lachesis and Lilya were well, "I'm so happy to hear they are safe and doing well. I've been so worried. I had hoped to find they'd returned to lore so I decided to stay to find them but I hadn't before coming to the cove." It truly was a relief to hear that her adoptive parents were in a good place and still together but she didn't expect anything else knowing them.

The Crows attention was drawn to Kateri when she asked her own question about Lachesis, she smiled, "He never gave me lessons. At that time I still hadn't figured out what I wanted to do. Then the coyotes came but I did learn some things just by being around him."

Oksana was rather ecstatic to find that Aquene had something that would take her pain away. "Its okay. I understand that it's done all the healing it's going to do and that the pain is something else but related." She couldn't remember if Lach had ever told her what would cause the pain just that it would be there. "I'm perfectly fine taking something regularly." Little Kateri voiced her question so Oksana was silent while Aquene gave her a little lesson about something called poppy. Her orange gaze looked between the two but rested on Aquene as she addressed Oksana again. "As long as it helps the pain I can handle the taste but thank you for the tip. I will definitely remember that. No need to have it lasting if I don't have to right," she added with a small laugh.
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Tasha who has 350 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

They could both agree on that. He was an amazing father. She chuckled softly as she started to regale her with stories of her uncle, chuckling softly because it sounded like him. “I’ve seen him yell a time or two, but if you knew my cousins you’d definitely understand why… some of the younger ones… well, it’s hard to believe that Lachesis and Lilya are their parents.” She offered lightly with a glimmer in her eyes. “He was always calm and good under pressure though… and he was always looking to guide, and offer teaching moments.” The fondness was undeniable.

She wished they had returned to the Lore, that they were closer to where she was now. Were they proud of her? Was her father proud of her? Would they congratulate her on her accomplishments? She liked to think that they would. “They stayed for as long as they could… my father had returned to visit and share word of his pack… and he found out about how unlivable the lands had become.” She explained with more of a frown on her features.

She nodded when the other woman understood. It was important to the woman that she know that it wasn’t some fix. A smile was offered and she nodded as she nudged it forward. “Exactly… there are some less powerful medicines I can mix in so you’re not taking it so regularly as to develop a dependency on it.” She clarified once more.

Aquene Slayer
[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Listening to the two women talk about her uncle Lachesis made Kateri want to meet this man that they both spoke so highly of. He sounded like someone who could teach her a lot about life and healing. She couldn't help but wonder how many others he'd influenced like he had her mama and Oksana. He remained her of her own father and the patience he held when faced with difficult situations. She couldn't ever remember a time when he'd gotten really angry with her. She didn't even know what he would look like if he were really angry.

The young Slayer hadn't heard a lot about what the lore was like before. She knew that it had gotten bad and that everyone had to leave but unlivable. That sounded horrible. She couldn't even imagine what that kind of place would be like.

Her attention was brought back to why Oksana was there in the first place when her mother wS explaining something else. Other herbs to male what she'd been given less potent so Oksana would develop a dependency. "What's a dependancy?" She asked since she didn't understand the term and then she asked, "What are the other herbs?"
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
It was really nice to have someone like Aquene who knew Lachesis. Someone she could share her memories of the man who had been the closest thing that she'd had tona father. "Do you mean Lavender and Lilliana? But I can only imagine him shaking his head at whatever antics they got themselves into. Liyla she was always so kind and caring too." They both probably even rolled their eyes a few times too. Oksana nodded along with what Aquene said next about the man in question. "He certainly had the patience of a Saint a,nd he was always willing to answer any questions and it was a lot I asked him so that I could learn more." She remembered being an inquisitive child and now when she thought about it maybe it was his influence that had helped her become the wolf she now was.

It was a bad time for everyone toward the end. Oksana remembered not being able to leave the territory without someone with her so she'd be safe. "I wish I could have seen him and Lilya one last time before they had to leave. Thank them for being there when my own parents couldn't be. It's hard to imagine the lore being in such a state but it had gotten really bad before my mother took me away." That was probably her only regret about leaving the lore before.

A worried expression did cross Oksana's features when the Shaman spoke of mixing less powerful herbs in. The suggestion that she could become dependant upon the treatment that was height offered. "What is the likelihood that I could become dependant?" She asked. Oksana was thinking about what such a thing might mean for her akd if she should have Aquene mix in the less powerful plants.
Played by Tasha who has 350 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

The healer chuckled softly but shook her head. “No, not them… admittedly, I never met them.” She confessed to her friend. “I’m referring to their younger siblings… Leander, Landen and Leith. Leith was a downright Casanova, very flirtatious all the time… Landen was more shy, but he secretly had hellish behavior of his own. He was actually here in the Cove for awhile, but he left to return home. He’s a healer like me and his dad.” She explained… and then there was Leander. “Leander wasn’t a hellion like the other two, but that boy was terrified of his own shadow… a miracle that he ever went anywhere.”

She chuckled softly at that. “He does… probably why all his fur is white… not just his coloration or the fact that he’s getting older, but all the stress he’s been under having to be the patient one.” She teased lightly, agreeing because she had given her uncle a run for his money too. “I know they miss you… they both spoke of everyone here fondly… my aunt Lilya in particular use to tell me all kinds of stories.” Her uncle had been a little more busy, but the love was there. Kateri was fielding the next question. “Dependency is when someone relies on a plant for pain management, Kateri. They’ll think they need it and it’ll actually show as symptoms if they don’t get it. They’ll have random outbursts of anger when they don’t get it, they’ll get twitchy, and they could even sweat a lot and strike a fever.” It was nasty business that she preferred to stay away from.

The next question was more complicated. “With mixing your medication so you’re not taking it and only it regularly? Slim but possible… it’s more likely if you solely take poppy for pain management.”

Aquene Slayer
[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
"I think you would have liked them," she said about Lavender and Lilliana. Though Oksana had known Lavender better than her sister she thought kindly of them both. "I'm sorry to have not had the chance to meet them even if they did have their...challenges," she said a small laugh passing her lips. "It sounds like Lach and Lilya had their paws full with those three but I bet they had good hearts like their parents." She was surprised to hear that one of them had been in the cove for a time. "I always thought at least one of their children would become a healer like Lach. That probably made him really happy." She was happy to know that her surrogate mother and father were doing well.

Oksana nodded, "You're probably right about that. He sure went through a lot of it while I was a pup and into first year. I always wondered how he kept his patience. I don't think I would have been able to back then." She remembered having quite the temper when she was younger amd maybe it was still in there somewhere but it seems to have left her. Oksana smiled fondly when Aquene talked about Lach and Lilya missing her, "I miss them to and I'm happy to hear they have good memories of their life here." Oksana remembered the good of course but there was a lot of bad. Her own puppyhood was marred with it but she was glad that things had gotten better for her since those days. Young Kateri asked the hard question about dependency which Oksana thought she'd known about but everything that Aquene said made it so much worse than she'd thought it was.

Her own question was answered to. She didn't know what answer she'd been looking for but once it was given she knew it was as she'd figured. "It might be best if the poppy was mixed with the less potent herbs," she said, "The last thing I want is to become dependant on it." She didn't want to become like what Aquene had described.
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri happily sat and listened to her mother and Oksana talk about her uncle Lachesis and Aunt Lilya. The more she heard about them the more she wished she could meet them. They sounded like very nice wolves. She laughed anlittle when her mother talked about her cousins. Kateri also realized that Oksana could be one that she could go to when she wanted to hear more about what the lore used to be like.

Shebwas glad that her mother had also found such a friend in Oksana. Even more she was realizing just how close everyone in the cove was and it made her happy to be a part of that. She was proud to be a cove wolf. It gave her even more reason to want to protect and help the wolves that were her family.

When Aquene explained about dependency Kateri became worried for Oksana. "We can't let that happen to her mama." Right then and there she vowed to herself as a healer that she wouldn't allow that to happen to Any of her patients. Kateri did smile when Aquene had a plan to help Oksana not become dependant on the poppy.