Bing, Google

momma was a burnout and daddy was a pyro — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 305 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
@Viorel -- Finally getting this up
what i really need now is a double shot of crown

Vayko could no longer ignore the position he had once had. He could no longer put off his re-entrance into the life he had once held. There had been a part of him that had enjoyed taking a backseat, but he was fully recovered, mentally and physically, and he felt well enough to seek out his cousin and take back his crown. He’d be lying if he said he hadn’t put this off, if only a little. He felt tethered to the lands whenever he wore his crown; he felt like he could never travel far due to his responsibilities.

He had also found that he had never wanted to travel far, even with the freedom of being downed by his recovery. His paw had taken longer to heal than anticipated, but it felt fine for now. He raised his maw, calling for his cousin as he sat where they had started it all, where they had claimed these lands almost a year ago. It was so strange to think they had already spent a large chunk of their life here, even if it wasn’t most. He sat waiting, his head tilted to the side.

Played by Ghost who has 625 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle

The days were only getting colder and shorter, and from what Viorel could remember they would have a while to go before spring. Spring…brought its own challenges. There would be some serious conversations to be had, and if almost on cue at the thought of his former and hopefully co-leader Vayko called.

It didn’t take long to come upon the scene, and the sight of his cousin standing there in the Backwater meeting ground felt strongly nostalgic. Grinning cheekily he called, ”Looking for more turtles to fight Vayko? I heard the last one kicked your ass,” Viorel chuckled. Then the sickness had infected the whole pack, so really who was laughing in the end? Probably the turtle.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]
Played by Vami who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
(Modesto just creeping on the sidelines Feel free to skip around.)She did not come to the call, for one was not one made for her. Modesto would be lying if she said she weren't curious however and so lingered near. Not close enough to see them in the woodland blockage but enough to hear Viorel's playful remark. Unlike Vayko, she did not feel a pull here or any type of attachment. She wondered further and further from home to lands with larger bodies of water. Ones she might could squint her eyes and pretend were home...
(This post was last modified: Dec 31, 2021, 04:01 AM by Modesto.)
[Image: modesto.png]
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Vayko snorted at his cousin’s sarcastic appearance, rolling his eyes with an exasperated sigh. “I start a pandemic in the pack after losing to a turtle one time and it’s like it defines me.” He shot back just as fast before smirking back at him. It had been a rather miserable time, but they had survived and honestly, it was getting to the point where he felt he could look back and laugh at it. It certainly hadn’t been his shining moment.

“It’s been a long time coming, but I’m healed, I’m feeling good…” He started with a light glimmer in his eye. “I’m ready to take my crown back… the way we went into this venture, together.” He added in. “Besides, someone has to make sure we don’t have a repeat of last year.” He added to the end, referencing having two litters around to put a strain on resources, though he knew that Vi was clearly still smitten with Floozy #2 and the likelihood of multiple litters was nonexistent as a result. Still, would they really be cousins if they didn't mercilessly pick at the other's slips for jokes?

Viorel Valle

The leader could only smirk at his cousin’s quick remark, he was tempted to quip back, one time too many but kept it to himself. Vayko would not have called him here to just joke around, and the pair were easy to get off track. Still, he tossed a playful eye roll towards the tawny man, unable to keep things completely serious. Maybe if they were older they could do things with a straight face, but they were barely adults themselves.

Nodding his head, he smiled, ”I would be happy to lead beside you once more, it’s about time you took back some responsibility.” Truth be told, as much as Viorel enjoyed being able to make all decisions himself, it was a relief that not everything would be falling on his broad shoulders. Frowning slightly at his next words, Viorel was brought back to reality, ”Speaking of. Vanadis and I have agreed to have another litter this year, should we be expecting one of yours as well?” No judgement, the dark man had certainly made enough of a surprise mess of his own last year.

And as quickly as that was brought up, another thought came to mind, ”And… My mother is gone, and my brother and sister, I’m starting to think Valle blood is not worth as much as we thought, at least in my branch of the family.” Clover and Vanadis had certainly been more family to him than his immediate family had been in the fall and winter, leaving one after another in the night.

Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Vayko let a grin light his features and snorted softly at the joke. He felt that despite not having a title, he’d carried his own weight well but he had the desire to be more and do more. He had the desire to be involved in making the big decisions as he once had. The news of another litter brought his ears perking up as he hummed. “Well look at you go, settling down with one floozy this time, right?” He had to jab at him for that as well before he handled the question. “I don’t plan on it. No woman has caught my eye and, to be honest, the thought of having children of my own makes me want to throw up.” Perhaps he wasn’t the fathering type after all.

Even a litter between budding friends seemed to be out of the question for him, and completely unnecessary seeing as Viorel already had that aspect of leading handled. He hummed in consideration. Blood was… complicated. “My parents are still missing… but you’ve still got Shar, Aunt Modesto and I.” He added hopefully. “Perhaps blood isn’t thicker than water… but the bonds we make in our own lives.” To be quite honest, he’d been floating around those ideas for awhile. Perhaps his parents had never come looking for them. Perhaps they had simply moved on with their two children gone. It was a troubling thought, but one that had crossed his mind when Aunt Sita had found them but his parents had not.

Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
WARNING for all the swears and bad vibes.

Vayko would take back his crown. Modesto's silken black ears perked high and before she knew it she was slowly creeping forth closer. There was a pleasant smile on her lips for her favored son (be it not her own son). It was agreed upon with an ease and they went into the subject of Viorel's indiscretions. He and the Archer woman would be having another litter. We're they then, official? Would his children hold title other then that of basterd spawn of a male new in his hormones?  Then, to his last string of words, Modesto's face hardened, lip twitched. The blood not worth much? She would have had someone's head for speaking such a thing in the Estuary! Then again, Viorel's mistakes would have never happened there anyhow. Modesto favored Vanadis over Clover and took particularly to @Eros, likely do to his similarities of Vayko. "If it is your side of the family then leave those thoughts to yourself. Lest your words spread whisper into the ears of others. You've done enough damage, don't you think?" Modesto speaks this as she draws nearer to them, a hiss on her lips. She remembered her conversation with Vayko after he had even told of what Viorel had done. She had mentioned how the family might be seen for it. She had been right, of course. What worth was their name if the very Leaders which grounded them did not believe in it? "If Vanadis is your choosing then make sure to keep it that way and stop fucking every woman who isn't related to you. Our name will hold better when there isn't a bunch of basterds running around. Surely you can show more restraint then the whore the bore you?" Like mother, like son.
(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2022, 03:56 AM by Modesto.)
Viorel Valle
No table phone post so please forgive any weird autocorrects

Viorel was perfectly content with how the conversation has been going. Chuckling at his cousin he nodded, "Just Vanadis this time, I'm a happily married man now, plus, I think if I so much as look at another woman this spring she would have my head." He was laughing, but it was probably the truth, she was a firecracker his wife, and he didn't want to be on the wrong side of that thunder. Winking at Vayko he added, "We will see how you feel come springtime."

He was about to agree with Vayko, ask if he had even heard anything about his parents, say that he considered Sharlee and him to be his siblings now when they were interuptted. Whirling around as Modesto came in spitting, his own hackles raised in indignation at her words. His ego was still bruised at how she had ordered him around at his sister's birth, and now this!? A private conversation between co-leads and she's skulking around listening, and then accusing him of something?

Eyes narrowed angrily, "Have I said a single word about yourself, or any of the other Valles other than my siblings and mother? And who are you to speak to your leader in such a way?" Viorel was pissed, and he maybe could have been talked down had she not then go on to talk about his marriage, "Please, we all know that my mother is a flighty whore, but I have more than proven that I have learned from my mistakes and earned my place. Where are all the precious Valles now Modesto? Where is Sita, Andrey, Xulia? Where are Vayko's parents, Venkat?" He wanted to spit in her old face for her audacity, but he refrained, barely.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

He chuckled softly with a toothy grin. “She’d have your pelt lining her den.” He clarified because Vana was not a woman that Vayko would ever try to mess with. He shrugged at the mention of springtime. “I suppose, though don’t hold your breath. I truly don’t believe I’m the ‘fatherly’ type.” He warned his cousin, though truthfully he would not know since he had never been affected by the heat before as he had not been grown enough for it.

One moment, they were having a normal conversation full of jest and fun… and the next, his Aunt and Advisor was charging into the conversation in an absolute rampage. His eyes visibly widened at her words. He watched as Vi responded and he took a few steps back. The questions started to fly from Viorel’s mouth and he joined into the conversation. “Yeah. No. I am not getting involved in this.” He refused to chose between his cousin and his Aunt. Both of their feelings were valid… or… something like that?

He turned and before giving them the opportunity to say anything further to him, he was bolting away from them. They were adults and they could work it out and one way or another, he would find out the result of the conversation from one of them… though at the present time he didn’t favor his Aunt Modesto staying around too much longer…

Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
WARNING for all the swears and bad vibes.

Vakyo left... Modesto rose. The length of her tall figure standing as such whilst her chin tucked down to both look at him and help protect her vitals naturally. Her tail rose high, stiff to the heavens. "I am your elder, boy and you best remember that. Slapping on a crown and putting your seed in someone else doesn't make you king." Far too lost in her own position, the placement of a council member was never questioned. The Leaders went to them for guidance. But oh, that's right, they decided it best to get rid of that part of their family's tradition. Good for them. Then, still, the youth continued- he pushed. He did not heed her words yet instead brought up all those which she had lost when stolen from her game. Viorel so happily threw the abduction and separation of their family in her face as though he were happy for it. "Don't you dare-" a growling of words... Where was Amondi? Oh, her precious sister... Modesto's throat tightened at the thought of her and yet her eyes darkened with a rage. "And who are you to speak ill of them?" Of all her family gone, of her everything lost! The son of a 'well known flighty whore' as he so said. "Who is your father anyway, Viorel?" She sneered. Why not tell the secrets? They were council no longer- no need for the glue which held the filth together to make a pleasantly perfect bloodline which was 'Valle'. "Platon, right? Hmmm... or was it a Halex your mother was fucking that night?" Her smile never wavered.
(This post was last modified: Jan 13, 2022, 03:35 AM by Modesto.)