(See All?) Announcements
525 Users Online
Google, Bing, Miriam

can't f up my vibe — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
Leaving ambiguous due to the lack of completion of the Aleister/Kisina/Seri thread. For Eros only please!
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

Seri had no complaints about the way his life had turned out. Winter was hard, and he often found hunger pangs, but he also knew that the alternative was living in one place. Seri didn’t think he would like to do that. He very much liked to wander and explore. It was fun and staying in one place for such a long time like an entire lifetime just felt stifling. He would take hunger over that… besides, momma always found food for both of them. He had started to wander west after coming down the mountain and seeing the waterfall with his mom… he was older now, and so he found himself drifting a little farther from her on his adventures, though he always found his way back to her.

She was his world, his entire life… he didn’t have a dad, only her.

He had found his way to a creek, the freezing weather resulting in ice forming along the shoreline as his eyes widened, a wide grin on his features. That looked interesting! He wanted to be like water. Free and powerful, doing whatever he wanted… just like momma had taught him… except, it seemed like part of this water was stifled, and so that puzzled him. Was it possible that not even water was truly free? It left much for the young boy to ponder as he stared at the shore.

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2022, 05:18 AM by Eros.)
[Image: zHxmDjA.png]
Played by Cade who has 496 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Well, his grandmother had yet to drop dead. And while the pack (practically the whole world as far as he was concerned) had stopped still as the death they mourned the day they had found Walleye, they all had also moved on. No one else appeared to be stuck on it the way Eros was, and that told him that there was something wrong with how he was handling it. The unpleasant feelings didn't go away, but he grew more and more determined every day to return to normal despite them.

So today, he decided he would leave the pack's dominion, completely on his own and he wouldn't be afraid and anxious.

He managed one of those goals, the physical part of leaving the scent of his family behind and venturing toward the mountain's base. What he couldn't do was turn off the worry of what has happening to the wolves he loved back home. He tried hard to find something to distract himself with, but every effort was in vain, until a uniquely strange scent stuck out amongst the others. Eros slowed to a stop, nose twitching and peach eyes searching the still forest.

That was a wolf he smelled. A wolf he didn't know, and who was scented nothing like the ones the young Valle did know. He bounded forward then, determined to meet this stranger.

Were he paying more attention, he would have known better than to swerve so close to where the river had once ran unabated, but his gaze had been focused solely on spying the individual. Eros' paw hit ice and he went flying, a foot or so in the air and then along the slick shoreline before sliding to a stop right before the boy he'd been seeking.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
Seri Donata

His tail wagged lightly from side to side as his limbs splayed slightly in front of him, crouched as his head tilted to the side and he continued to look at the shoreline. He went to place a paw on the ice to see if it would crack under his weight… except his paw never made contact, instead a noise distracted him, the sound of paws hitting the ground. Whoever it was, they were not floating on air as he had been trained to do. Another pup, roughly his age if he had to guess, came sliding out across the ice in front of him and his eyes widened. He smelled similar to Aleister, but different… he must live in the same place… just a different place, not at Lost Lake, but here… but with other wolves.

It still puzzled Seri greatly.

He took a few steps back, caution in his eyes as he looked on silently, not entirely sure what to do or say. He didn’t know if this other boy was a threat to him or not… so he just stared at him. Very polite. He wished his mom was nearby enough to call in that moment. What if the boy’s mom was nearby and he called for her? What if there was some kind of conflict? Seri internalized quite a bit. “Hi.” He finally managed, the caution clear in the tone he carried.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young Bull Elk has gotten separated from its herd. Hunt opportunity! +10 Health
Eros Valle
Eros felt several stings across his body from where fur and skin had been pulled as he had skidded overtop the ice. He ignored them, pushing back up onto his paws as though he were completely unphased. Peach eyes met unwavering gold and his cheeks heated with embarrassment. Not a good impression to his first non-Backwater wolf.

Eros backed up, until a back paw punched through paper-thin ice and down into the frigid water. Ugh!! The boy's fur puffed in shock before he leaped forward, out of the creek entirely and back onto solid, even if snow-covered, ground.

Hi, the other kid had said, before the young Valle kept making dumb mistakes. @Archer would be having quite the show, his heavier brother was certain. And, for once, he was thankful that the darker-colored Valle wasn't around. He didn't need any help making himself look worse.

"Hi," Eros replied shyly, before clearing his throat and sitting up a little straighter.

"Hello. What uh, what're-," his muzzle scrunched, a million questions bombarding him at the moment. It was difficult to settle on just one.

"Where'd you come from?"
(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2022, 08:21 PM by Eros.)
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
Seri Donata

Seri was puzzled. He’d never actually met anyone his age before, so this was an entirely new experience. The wolf in front of him seemed kind of goofy, but then Seri only really knew adults so maybe Seri was the one who was goofy for trying to act like an adult all the time.

He moved back onto solid ground, and Seri found himself backing up because he didn’t know what to make of this stranger. Surely someone his own age would not wish him harm, right? The interaction seemed to help him sit up a little straighter, though Seri maintained his tilted head in confusion and curiosity, a certain fire burning in his eyes as he thought of all the questions he could ask.

Where did he come from? What was that supposed to mean. “Uh, my mom, I guess?” That was a deep question he had never considered, and he slotted it away along with the forbidden question: what was a dad? “Don’t we all come from our moms?” He asked confused, wondering if perhaps he’d gotten some misinformation along the way… now would be the time to resolve it, he supposed.

Eros Valle
Eros absently shook the drips of water from the affected leg as the other boy answered his not-so-clever inquiry. The answer was crazier than anything the young Valle could have expected from a complete stranger. His head twisted and brows knitted, a silent 'what?' shaping his black lips. Did he mishear him or something, think he'd asked who he'd been with? That, at least, was answered when his company postulated something that caused Eros to have even more queries, ones he'd never thought to ask before.

He couldn't just stand and wonder, staring at the kid all the while, but instead of cherry-picking something well thought-out, he blurted the simplest and loudest question on his mind.

"... what does that mean?"
(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2022, 05:09 AM by Eros.)
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
Seri Donata

The other boy seemed confused, and it left Seri as equally confused. There was a silent question so Seri thought that clarifying that they all came from their moms would help… except it didn’t seem to… and instead that question fell. Seri shrugged. “When I was borned, I was with my mom… so that means I come from my mom, right? I like… come out of her butt or something… I’ve never really asked… I’m kind of afraid she’ll tell me she puked me up.” He had always figured that was the case, intuitively since she had been the only creature around him for all of his early childhood.

The other boy did know they came from mom’s right? Oh god, what if he was wrong? What if they came from this mysterious Dad that Wrynn had told him about? Oh god. Oh god. Who gave birth to him?

Eros Valle
The other kid didn't leave him hanging for long.

When I was borned, I was with my mom, he said, and Eros thought, okay yeah, that makes sense. His first memory was of being curled up against his mother's stomach, with Archer tucked right against his side. Everything was warm, safe and absolute. That was how life had started, and he would have thought that was when all life started but he knew his parents had existed before them because they had stories about it and he now knew about growing old.

So that was the gap this guy was getting at, but Eros still wasn't so sure about the conclusion that it meant they came from their moms. Why not their dads? Why'd they have to come from another wolf at all? Maybe... Maybe he'd been pulled from the earth, and @Archer from the night sky... @Oleander and Violet could have been plucked from patches of the very flowers they were named for, and @Hazelnut had sprouted betwixt the leaves of a tree, falling when she'd grown too hea-

I like came out of her butt or something.

Eros' jaw dropped. The horror gripped him, and he didn't know what to be more grossed out about: that this other pup just told him he was basically a giant dump his mom took, or that, if he was right, it meant Eros was also a walking, talking poop.

"... I'd rather be puked up..." was all he could manage, voice a stunned whisper.

Please tell me this kid is just crazy.
(This post was last modified: Jan 15, 2022, 10:57 PM by Eros.)
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
Seri Donata

Seri had very few thoughts about the disgusting aspects of what he just said. He had approached it from a more curious, academically intuitive setting than Eros had. He saw the way his newfound friend’s jaw dropped and he simply frowned. He didn’t understand why the boy seemed so horrified. Wasn’t that the circle of life or something? He had once seen a baby bird hatch, so he knew that was where baby birds came from but there hadn’t been any eggshells around him in his first memory, just his mom wrapped around him and so that meant he had to come out of his mom somehow right? Her butt or her mouth just made logical sense.

The boy whispered and he frowned. “I dunno, seems like it’d be grosser and more smelly.” He stated softly in return. Sometimes poops didn’t smell, right? That was a whole other train of thought that he was not entirely ready to dive into for the moment. Vomit always smelled and tasted the worst. Perhaps he should actually ask his mother where he had come from. Kisina always had those answers… but he had truthfully been hesitant to ask her much of anything since she snapped at him on the mountain when they had met her friend. He still didn’t understand what he had done wrong.

Either way, maybe the boy could delve into it more. He clearly hadn’t come from a dad because his dad was nowhere to be found and he felt like he would remember the man if he had been borned out of him.