(See All?) Announcements
569 Users Online
Bing

can't f up my vibe — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 496 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Oh, he did? Eros' head tilted briefly, but he didn't have to wonder long at the extent of his relationship with their neighbors.

"That's weird," he commented freely about her not liking someone who was being nice. In his limited experience, that was all you had to be in order to get other wolves to like you. Eros was starting to wonder if Seri's mom might not like him, either... maybe she didn't want anyone around her son.

But then the other kid wouldn't have extended such a big invitation, right?

"Me 'neither! Least, y'know, someone I'm not related to," he turned a bit sheepish again, feeling like he'd messed up his words.

"Anyways, it's super nice to meet you too," that was still clear, his wagging tail unrelentless.

"My Dad's friends with the mountain wolves," he threw in too, because maybe Seri wanted to get to know other wolves despite his mother's dislike for them, "we could totally go there if you wanted. Or, or! There's this big bluff in the forest, like the mountain but yellow and they're too far but I've really wanted to see them!"

His ideas would be endless, if his new friend had the ear for them.
(This post was last modified: Jan 30, 2022, 01:24 AM by Eros.)
Played by Tasha who has 124 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
And so I tell myself that I'll be strong
Seri Donata
and dreaming when they're gone

At the mention of it being weird, he nodded. “She even said they were friends, but I asked him if he was my dad, and what a dad even was and she got really mad at both of us.” He admitted, shedding light on how much of a stressor his paternity was for his mother to his newfound friend. “I don’t think friends should treat friends like that, but she’s kinda old so maybe that has something to do with it.” He was saying whatever came into his mind, not filtering it at all.

He admitted that he had never met anyone their own age either before quickly clarifying. Oh. Was that what it was like to have siblings? “I wish I had siblings.” He admitted quietly with his tail drooping. “I like my adventuring but it gets lonely sometimes ‘cause all I meet are strangers.” He never got to form long lasting bonds with wolves, and he wasn’t even sure he knew how to.

His eyes widened, his tail wagging from side to side at the mention of Eros’ father being friends with the mountain wolves. He would very much like to visit Aleister again, even if his momma wasn’t a huge fan of the man. He had been so nice and had answered all of his questions too. “Yes! I want to see them too. They sound so cool! That is where we’ll go first.” He grinned from ear to ear. “How long ‘til ya think your parents will let you come with me on an adventure?” He wanted someone to talk to who wouldn’t talk to him like… well, like he was a child.

[Image: zHxmDjA.png]
Eros Valle
It only got weirder, Eros' head twisting in the other direction to further illustrate his confusion. He agreed with the other boy; that was certainly not how he'd been raised to treat his friends, either! In all honesty, it sounded sort of fishy to him and he hoped this was something that would change for his friend, and soon. Whatever was going on, it wasn't right for his Mom to hide something from her son, much less then get mad at him for being curious. That was a kid's job!

He mentioned her being older, and Eros pictured Gramna Katna or Aunt Modesto aged, rather than conjuring an accurate picture of the woman being spoken of. The boy had frowned briefly then, recalling his banished relative. He tried to latch onto the slight change of subject instead, as Seri spoke of wanting siblings before beaming over the notion of traveling together.

"Um," he wasn't really sure, hoping it was now but wondering if the answer might be a no. He might need a little time to work on his parents and gain their approval.

"Like a moon? You can come whenever, though. If ya want a sibling, you got one! We're definitely brothers now, okay?"

His peach eyes dodged around their surroundings briefly, and then an idea hit. He turned to the frozen shore and dug through until he was able to garner a hold of frosty muk. He lifted the dirty-covered paw, and eyed Seri mischievously.

"Mud brothers."

As opposed to blood - it was perfect! Right?
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
Seri Donata

Seri was still puzzled, but honestly there was a part of him just too afraid to ask about it all. It seemed like such a touchy subject and he did not want to make his mom mad. She was kind of terrifying when she was mad… still, he pushed it aside. He could contemplate his life choices later. That was what impulsive kids did; act first, think later… if they thought at all.

His mom was ancient by his own standards, but he would never voice that aloud because it would be rude. Still, he listened as his friend detailed their plans. A moon could work. “I can just stick around the area then. Are your parents gonna wanna meet me or something before we go?” He knew that his mom wouldn’t let him run off with someone without meeting them first, so he figured it would be the same there.

A wide grin crossed his features, an eager nod as well. “Mud brothers.” He agreed as he went and mimicked the actions, covering his paw in the cold and mucky earth as he lifted it up, a mischievous grin back as he went to dramatically slap paws together to send mud splattering across both of them.

Eros Valle
I can just stick around the area then the other boy said, and Eros' tail began to wag even faster. Awesome! And he wanted to meet his parents? Double awesome! That would probably help smooth over any doubts the trio might have about his going off with someone new.

They clapped paws, and he felt glops of icy mud pelt his face. The giggles promptly overtook him, and it took a moment for him to be able to answer.

"Yeah! You just keep going that way," he swung his muzzle in the general direction of home, the creek itself marking the course.

"Just give us a howl!"

He was already scooping up more mud now, because he didn't do anything mildly. His teeth flashed mischievously, signaling his intentions to twist round and smear dirt across Seri's vivid coat before it happened.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
Seri Donata

The boy gave excellent directions, and by that it meant vague directions that Seri could turn into a genuine adventure. “Oh, I will, don’t worry. We’ll go see the world!” The idea of a friend to travel with was enough to keep the young boy running until their adventures could actually start.

He saw his friend pick up more mud, eyeing him cautiously as he scooped up more of his own because he only retaliated with equal force and measure, thank you very much. He twisted and smeared dirt all over Seri’s coat causing the boy to start laughing hysterically, taking his own paw and smearing more dirt on the other boy. “Gonna have to do better than that to keep up with me!” He shot off quickly going for more. It was fun, but a different kind of fun than adventuring.

Eros Valle
The whole wide world! @Archer was gonna be sooo jealous! Just the thought of all the fun to be had caused Eros to wriggle with glee even before the other boy reciprocated his declaration of brotherly war.

The gauntlet was down, and his lips spread wide with devilish glee as he gathered ammo once more before taking off after Seri. He wasn't quick, but he'd known that all his life. Eros had learned how to corral and corner to compensate, and hoped his tricks worked as well on his new friend as they did his other siblings. His own loud, exuberant laughter chased after Seri's into the wood.
(This post was last modified: Feb 13, 2022, 09:41 PM by Eros.)
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Seri Donata
Seri Donata

Seri found himself growing more and more excited for these adventures. It would take some time, but he was okay with that. He could be patient!

He smirked back at the other boy as they started. Seri prided himself on being quick on his feet; what he lacked in strength he certainly made up for in speed and he was going to use it to his advantage. It was fun, to actually play. He wasn’t really used to having playmates, let alone ones his age. Eventually, it was time to head out and find his mother though, and that he did.

Thread fade