515 Users Online
Isla, Google, Bing

that's the shrapnel — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 864 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
That was an understandable desire.

"I don't think he fully realizes somethings wrong. We all have a tendency to downplay what we feel, to write certain things off as quirks..."

He knew that he was guilty of it too, that he surely had his own issues he wasn't dealing with. It was meant more to hide the unpleasant from oneself than from others.

"He'll talk to you, you just might need to guide him to what you want to talk about."

It wasn't that he thought Nash dense, it was simply that he felt confident his brother wouldn't think to burden Aquene with his pains at all, much less start the conversation himself about the awful things that had happened to him as a child and how they were still impacting him today.
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Tasha who has 350 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

The certainly did sound like Nash. He’d downplay a missing limb if it meant not worrying her, and that was exactly what worried her more… still, she nodded at his words. “I can see it.” She confirmed, knowing that his brother was telling the truth. He might not have realized it, but he was both speaking to and calling her out as well. She certainly had things she knew that she repressed. In her mind, she was a healer, and it was the antithesis of her job to burden another with her problems. How did that help her health?

She had things from her past that she struggled with too.

She nodded once more at his words, a soft and understanding smile on her features. “I think I know just how to bring it up.” There were many conversations that were needing to be had… from the idea of children this coming spring to their own demons they had both been pushing down for so long.

It was time for her to seek him out and sit him down for an ample talk, perhaps even two of three so they could know for certain what their future held together. “Thank you, Nash… I promise I’ll help him.” She was grateful the other Eastfall brother had brought it so readily to her attention.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Cade who has 864 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
She seemed to ease into a relative confidence that she could handle what would be required of her. Really, it wouldn't be much if this really was his brother's soulmate - just her patience and love would ultimately be enough. Even if they didn't last as a couple, every effort she made would still make a positive difference in Nash's life. Chan gave her an earnest smile, shortened tail giving a few grateful wags behind him. He stepped forward to give her cheek a familial nudge, before he stepped away altogether.

"Thank you too, 'Ne. We all owe you, ya know."

His grin turned lopsided, giving his mangled tail another sway as if to show it off. Even strangers like @Zeal had much to appreciate the young woman for.

"Good luck."
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Tasha who has 350 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

Aquene had never considered to stop how many she had helped over the past year. That year felt like so long ago… So much in her life had changed, both for better or for worse. She had come out stronger. It had not been without help along the way, much of which she owed the Chan and his family, most of all Nash who had tirelessly made sure that she was okay. Her eyes softened, heat rising to her cheeks because she still had not learned how to take a compliment.

She offered him a smile back and nodded, watching as he departed before taking a moment to consider just what was left to be done and how she was going to in turn bring this up to Nash.

Fade

[Image: jNJyCis.png]