(See All?) Announcements
552 Users Online
Google, Bing

i had to runaway hide — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Backdated to 1/4 after Kateri is found, for @Moore only.

Quiet, solitude, weightlessness. It was the first time Chan truly felt these things in a long, long time. It was as though he could breathe again, after months of burning, starved lungs. The snow drifted peacefully down, and the forest was otherwise still around him, as though it understood his need and was obliging him.

The trees cleared, and finding himself in the middle of an open space, Chan drew to a stop and lifted his head, mismatched eyes closing while hazed sunshine bathed him. A smile turned his lips upward as he soaked in the serenity the moment offered.

He was finally free again.
(This post was last modified: Jan 05, 2022, 09:42 PM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Daisy who has 62 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

The area turned unfamiliar the more Moore had wandered; perhaps he'd gone too far from the meadow and willows? Finding his way back wouldn't be too hard. Lack of heavy snowfall and rain should keep his tracks fresh, an easy route back the way he came. If he had to guess, the light snow drifting down wouldn't fill his prints in for quite some time.

Slowing to a stop, he lifted his head to the skies, blinking away flakes that fell too close to his eyes. It almost reminded him of the first day he'd stepped foot into the area, the scene peaceful and serene.

Reluctantly, the giant wolf restarted his journey of exploration. If he was here, he might as well check it out. Everything seemed… normal and not out of the ordinary. Wolf scents flooded his senses, but he trekked on, unafraid. If his experience has taught him anything about the land thus far, it was that the wolves here seemed amicable at best. Thankfully he hadn't experienced the worst yet.

It wasn't until he actually came across another, having spotted the stranger in the distance, that he stopped. A brief glance around revealed no others, and without a second thought, he let out a soft boof, signaling his approach. His steps fell heavy as he trotted through the snow, and his tail wagged slightly behind him, a show of peace.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's eyes blinked open as another's voice called out. He expected to see a Backwater wolf, but the wind brought him the stranger's scent and told him that this man dwelled elsewhere. Not alone, necessarily, but he smelled nothing of Viorel and his kin. He found himself thankful it was so, not ready yet to dive back into the known.

He barked back, a singular and welcoming sound. Was there another pack laying roots in the nearby forests? That would benefit the Lore as a whole, he was sure, and it would be good timing to meet an ambassador from such. His bicolored gaze remained locked on the other, awaiting the large stranger to give his reason for reaching out.
(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2022, 02:55 AM by Chan.)
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

As the stranger barked back, Moore trotted closer, coal paws crunching through the crust that rested on top of the snow below it. Truthfully, he would have left the other man alone, was he not so curious of the area and its inhabitants. And there was no harm in getting to know those that surrounded the area, having already met someone from a pack nearby previously. Ever faithful to his lack of worry or care, the umber-furred wolf stopped relatively close, a few tail lengths away from the man in the clearing.

Hey there,” he gave the man a friendly grin, ears and stance relaxed. “Sorry t’bother you, but I wouldn’t want t’pass up a chance to get to know a potential neighbor.” Potential was an understatement; the group wasn’t quite a pack yet, but still, the thought filled him with excitement and glee, now.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's tail began to wag as the stranger proved amicable. Potential neighbor? Very promising indeed. He smiled widely and maintained an open posture.

"Oh?" he marked his curiosity verbally, one tawny brow rising.

"I'm Chan, from Sanguine Cove. Just settling in?"

If not a new member of the Backwater, he either was still looking to join with a larger group or had his own bound to lay claim. For all Chan knew, whoever he lived with may have been established within the Lore for a while now. The responsibility of his leadership had kept him tethered for many months now.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

Sanguine Cove was unfamiliar to him, and his expression mirrored such as beige brows knitted together in interest. Regardless, it would be good to meet someone from another group. His own tail continued to wag and thump against the ground behind him as he shifted to sit down.

It’s good t’meet you, Chan. I’m Moore.” There was a pause as the thick-furred man debated how much and what to say. Surely, @Avella and @Scully wouldn’t mind if he was extending the metaphorical olive branch to others, especially if they had groups of their own. “Yeah, y’could say that. I recently joined up with a friend and some siblings, near the willows to th' South. I haven’t heard of Sanguine Cove yet, is that your pack?

Having already set off the conversation, Moore decided to make himself more comfortable, sinking slowly down to the ground and stretching out his front legs.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
As his impromptu companion seated himself, so did Chan. His ears pressed forward to catch the other's response, excited to hear that he was indeed of a new group seeking to settle within the Lore. The Willows, eh? That would certainly mark a new chapter in the Western forests. Would the Archer ancestors be proud, or rolling in their graves? He supposed it didn't much matter.

Chan nodded and pointed with his muzzle, up to the heights of the mountain where Lost Lake was hidden away.

"There's a lake up there, n' we're on the western shore of it. It can be pretty easy to miss if you don't know where you're going."

He would be more than happy to inform this other pack of exactly how to reach them, but he supposed that was no longer his call; he would need to ask @Aleister's opinion on the matter before going out of his way.

"Happy to hear we're getting more neighbors. Have you met the Backwater yet?"
(This post was last modified: Jan 29, 2022, 09:39 PM by Chan.)
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

As the tawny man jutted with his muzzle, Moore followed the motion with a slight head turn, intense orange eyes following the ascent of the mountain. Then they were close. That could prove to be a good thing, though, having neighbors nearby. Especially if they all were as amicable as this Chan is. Shifting to look back to the man, he shuffled a bit, moving to cross his massive greying front paws in front of him after a brief stretch.

"That's good t'know, hopefully our groups get the chance to mingle and talk in th'future," he spoke, voice maintaining a casual and pleasant tone. "At least we ain't alone out here," Moore noted with a nod, a hint of relief behind it. Not that he didn't trust or believe in his group; @Avella has been nothing but kind to him and a well-spoken leader, and he'd trust @Hagar with his life, but having others nearby could be a lifesaver for their pack if something went wrong.

"I've met a wolf from the Backwater, I think? @Clover I think was her name? But not anyone else," the mottled man gave a roll to his shoulders, shrugging with a smile. "She was very kind, showed me how t'use bark. Is your pack close to them?"

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan was happy with the other man's simple musing of interaction between their chosen kin, his tail giving a few mirthful wags behind him. That was really all he could ask of any others that chose to make the Lore their home, that they be open and friendly to those already here. There was, after all, no reason the land couldn't support them all.

He smiled wider, too, at the mention of a familiar name.

"We're good neighbors, yes," he said with a toothy grin, choosing his words purposefully. In his opinion, this was how the relationship between packs in proximity of each other should be; it wasn't because the Cove and the Backwater had some kind of special, unique connection. Truly, friendship between members was their sole bond, and it was all that was needed.

"There's others East of the mountain too, if you ever venture that way. Our leader is @Aleister, and I'm the Cove's scout for now. We'd love to keep hearing from you guys, yeah?"
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

Upon hearing that there were good relations between the packs, it was like another breath of fresh air passed through his mind, putting Moore further at ease. Maybe it wouldn't be so hard forging friendships between the two; he'd have to let Avella know when he returned to the Willows. If nothing else, she should at least be aware of the packs. Hell, maybe she knew of 'em, considering her family history.

At the mention of another group past the rugged mountains, rounded coal-colored ears twitched forward. The man hadn't even considered the possibility of others on the opposite side, something else to consider. Even if the trip would be well over days. Silently, he pondered what the land looked like on that side? Was it sprawling meadows and rivers like this side, or something else entirely? Chans' voice broke him out of his thoughts.

"We'd love to keep hearing from you guys, yeah?"

"Of course, and th'same to you. No need to be a stranger. Our leaders' name is @Avella." Moore smiled with a dip of his head, salmon tongue poking out slightly between ivory teeth. "I look forward to th'chance to get t'know you an' yours."

Speaking of... "How long have you been with the cove, if y'don't mind me askin'?"