(See All?) Announcements
566 Users Online
Google, Bing, Sophrosnia

a mother has no choice — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 349 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer
Nash, Lynx and Aquene are visiting FGC to alert them that Kateri is missing and asking them to take a look out

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

Even stopping to help Wrynn had done little to calm her. They had come so far and still not as much of a scent of her daughter. What if she was gone? What if she never saw Kateri again? She tried not to catastrophize but it was difficult when it appeared that was all her brain was capable of doing to begin with. She had followed Chan’s instructions, nostrils flaring as she scented the borders and she turned her head towards Nash and Lynx. “I think we’re here.” She stated calmly, though it was clear in her tone that her nerves were frayed.

She would feel so much better when this nightmare was over and she never let her daughter out of her sight again. She raised her maw and called for the alpha, or alphas, waiting patiently a respectful distance from the border. She trusted Lynx to behave and knew that she and Nash could handle presenting all of the information to them. She just hoped that they had her daughter, had found her and taken her in… it would be a blessing, truly, if she could be reunited with her daughter in a matter of minutes. She just hoped that the fates were that kind.

(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2022, 06:35 PM by Chan.)
[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

If Nash had hoped helping Wrynn would help calm Aquene's nerves, he was sorely disappointed. He really hadn't expected much; he was worried sick and Kateri wasn't even his daughter. He couldn't imagine how it would feel to have his own child, his own blood missing. He shuddered at the thought; he doubted he'd be any calmer than his love. What a pair they made.

As they approached the scent markers and Aquene called for the alphas, Nash set the bundle of furs carrying supplies at his feet and stretched his jaws. He wasn't sure he would ever get the clumps of hair out of his teeth at this point. Still, it would be worth it to foster good relations with their neighbors, and even more so if Kateri was here. He nudged Aquene with his shoulder, hoping to be encouraging, and looked at Lynx. "Ready to make some friends? he asked.

Played by Arya who has 35 posts.
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Lynx Vuesain

After stopping to help the stranger, they finally seemed to make it to their destination as they stopped, and Aquene looked back at both him and Nash and confirmed his suspicions. His silver ears flattened at her upset tone, he missed Kateri too. She then called for the pack's leaders, making his seafoam eyes scan the forests in front of them for any sign of anyone approaching. Lynx was making sure he was on his best behavior while with the two adults as he didn't want to cause any more trouble and especially not now with Kateri in jeopardy. He mostly thought he knew when not to be an arse. Nash looked at him then and he nodded nervously at his question.

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 379 posts.
Deceased
Woya Macieo
It didn't matter that the call was for the most dominant of the pack. Woya answered it, appearing in short order before the trio of strangers. It was fortunate for them that they all smelled familiar, her family's scent still entertwined with their own. Her eyes hovered on the youngest of them, the dark helmet framing his face a familiar feature despite his colorless coat. She could be hopeful in her assumptions, but there wasn't time for that - the concern and stress was clear upon these wolves' faces.

"You from Aleister's pack?"
[Image: X2QzmxY.png]
Played by Arya who has 24 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Caelyn Macieo-Tainn

The boy heard the call and knew it technically wasn't for him, but what if they held news of his brother. Caelyn needed to know for sure, so he was quick to make his way to the borders, his nose following the trail of his dear Aunt Woya. As his sky-blue gaze took in the small group that assembled just outside of their borders, a light defeated sigh left his lips after realizing the chocolate foam of his brother was not with them. Though, he didn't want to leave his aunt alone on the border front, he decided to still join her as his silent form came alongside her as she asked them if they were from his cousin Aleister's pack. Now that had his attention.

Played by Tasha who has 349 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

They did not have to wait long for someone to answer their call. The nudge to her shoulder did little to soothe her, though that wasn’t uncommon. She knew this trip was about more than just finding her daughter, because it involved carrying gifts to Fool’s Gold Chasm as well… but that was all Aquene could seem to focus on. The question fell and she nodded, answering quickly as a pup of their own made it to the borders with the woman. “We are.” She answered respectfully before taking a deep breath and continuing.

“We’ve come bearing gifts for the Chasm. Some furs to help line your dens… we were also hoping you’ve happened to come into contact or perhaps took in a pup, about the age of your young one… black fur like mine and mismatched eyes like Aleister. Our daughter, Kateri, went missing from the mountain and we’ve been searching up and down for her to no avail.” It felt weird, admittedly, to talk about her child with Aleister in front of Nash though Kateri’s lineage was a secret to no one… she wasn’t sure what caused that awkward feeling in her gut but she pushed it down.

“Even if you haven’t seen her, if there is any chance you can spread word to your pack and if they could keep an eye out on their travels… please.” She was just a desperate mother wanting her daughter home safely.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 605 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

It didn't take long for someone to answer their call, and recognition sparked in the back of Nash's mind as the woman approached. He nodded along with Aquene at the question, but continued to eye the paler wolf as he tried to remember where it was he'd seen her. Maybe he was confusing her for someone else? He'd met several white-furred women, but he knew this wasn't Clover.

Aquene continued for them, explaining where they were from and why they were there. She described Kateri, and Nash glanced briefly at her. He thought her daughter looked most like her, despite her father's eyes. He quickly returned his gaze to the Chasm wolf and the pup that had appeared at her side. The guardian looked down at Lynx and offered him a small nudge. Hopefully he could make a friend in an agemate while they were here too.

Oh! That's where he'd seen her! An interaction in passing, shortly after everyone had returned to the mountain. He only remembered she'd spoken in short, clipped sentences, and hadn't seemed keen on his company. Had she been looking for someone? It wasn't important right now; right now they needed to focus on Kateri and forging a relationship with the Chasm. He didn't want to risk that friendship by bringing up something that had happened a year ago. Besides, he might have the wrong wolf.

Played by Arya who has 35 posts.
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Lynx Vuesain

As he waited alongside Nash's side, the Vuesain quickly realized this was not a conversation that he needed to join in on. Aquene and Nash would be talking to this pack, and he truly wasn't needed for this part of their trip. Plus, frankly he wouldn't know how to be diplomatic. That was something he figured came with age and interest. However, as Nash directed his attention to the other Chasm wolf that showed and appeared to be an agemate. Hesitantly, Lynx thought he would stay where he was standing, but then he couldn't help the curiosity that filled him. Walking over to the other boy, he gave a nervous smile to him as he greeted him, "Hi, I'm Lynx Vuesain."

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 379 posts.
Deceased
Woya Macieo
Woya felt Caelyn at her side, and would have given him a smile and playful bump of her shoulder if matters hadn't appeared so grave. Their guests started speaking, and at first what she had to say did not explain the air surrounding the trio. It was awesome Al had thought to send gifts, especially since she hadn't been able to find her way to his pack herself, but - oh. Woya's ears swept back, and empathy entered her gaze. This was... Aleister's mate? The relationship didn't matter - family was missing. The Lore couldn't have been satisfied in stealing away Aweho alone, could it?

She went to speak, but a young voice piped up, addressing her nephew. Lynx Vuesain. Woya took a moment for the boys, smiling down at Caelyn and giving him a nudge forward with her muzzle.

"Say hello to yer cousin, Cae."

She then met eyes with the other woman, affect serious once more.

"I'm sorry, but we haven't. In fact, we've our own kid missing - Aweho, brown like bark with pale eyes."

There was no hope as she relayed the information - she doubted these wolves had found and left him on their journey here. Woya tilted back her head, and sent out a call of her own to @Adelard - communicating that this was family at their metaphorical door, and the matter important.

"Doubt he knows I'm here, but Aleister's blood. We'll do everything we can to help."

Or at least, she would.
(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2022, 11:19 PM by Woya.)
[Image: X2QzmxY.png]
Played by Arya who has 24 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Caelyn Macieo-Tainn
sorry for holding this up!

Quickly his sky-blue gaze met with those of the monochrome wolf that seemed to match him in age as he was curious to see another pup outside of his pack. Caelyn was slightly envious of the fact that he could travel. He would feel too guilty to leave his mother and sister, so the young boy stayed put within the Chasm. The Macieo-Tainn watched was the boy then approached him and introduced himself with his last name seeming familiar. It was then when Auntie Woya told him to greet his cousin that he remembered why he thought he heard that name before.

Smiling, Caelyn approached his cousin then as he sat upon his haunches, his attention upon Lynx now as he drowned out the rest of the adults for the moment. "Hi, I'm Caelyn! I'm sorry you are missing someone. My brother is missing too," he said with a soft frown. It sucks they were both missing someone in their pack, and he could only hope that at least his cousin could find his family at least.

(This post was last modified: Jan 25, 2022, 02:00 AM by Caelyn.)