(See All?) Announcements
629 Users Online

in fear or admiration — Pookastone Scowle 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 16 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Seiche Archer-Lyall
RE: It's a new year, and you've decided it's time to make some changes via an infamous New Year's Resolution.
Mid-Afternoon | Snow Showers, -14°F

Prowling away from the willows, the seawolf decided to explore the lands around and see if there was anything out here more interesting than their interaction with their distant cousins. Seiche knew she arrived when the ground seemed to hum underneath her toes as she grew closer to the sweet scent of water. As her sapphire gaze looked out across the expanse of the motherland, she couldn't help the soft smile that crept along her lips. This was where it all began for her, with her mother's birth, the zealous woman who passed on her fire to her children. The Archer-Lyall vowing then she was going to make her own legacy here just like her forbearers before her. The Lore was going to know her name, whether it was in fear or admiration.

(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2022, 06:52 PM by Seiche.)
Played by Ghost who has 43 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hellhound Archer

Back on the coast to coast life

& You know I live for the hustle

He had been looking for anything that reminded him of his grandma’s stories for what seemed like forever. It did not help that the winter here seemed a hell of a lot worse than he had ever seen out on the sea. But, so far he had come up empty for both the Ridge and the Scowle, or any of his cousins, and Hellhound maybe would have turned around and gone home if he wasn’t too proud. He needed to see at least one thing he had gone looking for before going back to the beach.

It seemed like he may be getting close, it was hard to tell with the area frozen and covered in snow, but if he imagined the spring this might be the Lagoon from the stories. Moving along the edges of the frozen water, not quite trusting ice, he headed north towards where the entrance might be.

As soon as his peach coloured eyes fell upon the opening of rocks and he let out an excited whoop. He had fucking found it! Rushing forward, Hellhound plowed through the piled snow and came bursting out the other side, ready to follow the twisting stones until he had seen everything there was to see. It was then that his eyes fell upon the salt and pepper form of Seiche, ”Ah shit, and here I thought I were bein' th' first Archer here.” Cranky his cousin had beat him here, he was still pleased to see her, as demonstrated by his casual posture.

(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2022, 11:35 PM by Hellhound.)
Inactive Deceased
Seiche Archer-Lyall

As the sea witch looked out across the expanse that her family had once laid claim to, abrupt sounds came from her left as her sapphire gaze watched the snow get plowed away by another was, they came to shore of the lagoon. His peach gaze met hers then and she instantly recognized the fiery man who found her. His words brought a smirk upon her ebony lips as she sauntered over his side. "Looks like ye be th' slowest Archer," she drawled sarcastically as she moved to shove his shoulder lightly. A greeting she was used to giving to one she called family. If anyone else tried to do that who wasn't family, Seiche would snap off the nearest appendage. But she was loyal to her family lineage for the most part, at least those she grew up with.

"Deluge be here too, but we also have some delinquent cousins here too tryin' t' resurrect th' Ridge," she informed Hellhound as a sour expression crossed her maw. Seiche and the broad raised by Nonna were all taught to not think too much on the past and learned to forge their own way. The past was that there for a reason.

Inactive No Rank
Hellhound Archer

Hellhound rolled his eyes dramatically as his cousin came to bump his shoulder, checking his weight into her enthusiastically. He retorted quickly, ”ye gotta slow down a little, live yer life. Can't always be in a rush ye be knowin'” Then with a mischievous grin he added, ”ye've got a lot t' learn young pup” hoping to push her buttons about being a year younger. He was old and wise afterall, and she was just a baby.

Raising his eyebrows comically he drawled, ”how creative o' them! Can't even come up with a place o' their own or a new name?” What kind of cousins were these, surely not any from the beach if they were that dead set on settling down so quickly. Suddenly his eyes glinted, ”think they've got anythin' worth thievin' yet?” That might spice things up a little bit. Fill their bellies with someone else’s caches.

Plus, if Deluge was already here and the pack was not even off the ground yet, it should not be too much of a challenge. Despite what Seiche had said, Hellhound was quick and he was crafty. He could get in and out before being seen if his cousins caused a big enough distraction.

Inactive Deceased
Seiche Archer-Lyall

If he thought his eyeroll was dramatic, he would have been impressed by hers when he mentioned the youngin bullshit he liked to dish out to her any and every chance he had. "Ye may be older, but I'm sure ye'll be in th' grave before I," she retorted with a light shove of his shoulder. Of course, the sea witch would never want to see her cousin visit the sea depths, but it was only the fate of nature that decided who lived and who died. And mostly the old ones died first.

Snorting at his comment, Seiche shook her head at his words, agreeing with his statements. They were taught by Nonna to not get too caught up in the past as it was there for a reason. Leave what is dead alone. Though, she was curious about her ancestry, the salt and peppered female wouldn't dare try to stir up something old. She was here for her own glory, something of her own not those of her ancestors.

"Oh I'm sure they do, and I reckon we can make 'way with some easy meals if we get th' others on board," she replied with a wicked grin. She would love to have another crack at her cousins and see what their little pack was made of.

Inactive No Rank
Hellhound Archer

Grinning mischievously as she bumped him again, Hellhound gave her a hearty shove, ”wanna bet? I can put ye in th' grave right now if I wanted t'” He would have launched into a full on wrestling match, fur flying an all, but he was intrigued. How curious that they had this set of cousins who were so boring and looking to settle down and pretend they were the wolves of old. Couldn’t even come up with a new name or place to live? What a bunch of losers, he didn’t even want to share a name with them.

Raising his eyebrows and waggling them in a provocative way he responded, ”just how much stuff do ye think they've got? Any idea on their numbers?” Listen, he loved to be as spontaneous as the next guy, but he also was not looking to get skinned by picking a fight they had no chance in winning. His mind was alight with ideas on how to make the heist word, they would need to scope it out. How many guards would they have, how close to the borders were their caches? How full would they even be?

Looking back to Seiche he inquired, ”Just Deluge eh? Haven't seen any o' th' others?” He had half expected that as the cousins began to go off on their walkabouts that they would all end up here, the legends of relic lore had been deep themes in their childhoods.