(See All?) Announcements
527 Users Online
Bing, Google, Sophrosnia, Isla

a break from monotony
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Speaking with the man brought up plenty of memories. Some good some bad but all had brought her to this place. They'd made her into the wolf she was and she wouldn't change any of it for the world. Being on her own might even have been just the thing she needed to even attempt to form a new pack in her old home. To follow in her fathers footsteps in being a leader. Her time in Torbine did help her to learn what it meant to be an Archer which she hoped she would pass down some day.

Having been born and grown up in the lore Avella hadn't ever given the names of the places much thought. That was what they were called and that was what they would always be known as to her. After meeting this stranger she wondered what it might be like from his perspective. Wandering around a place that you didn't know the name of. She thought that might be a little maddening. Perhaps it didn't matter much since it wasn't one of the biggest concerns when being on your own especially in winter.

Avella nodded in agreement, "That is a very valid point. It would get confusing I think." That was another thing to consider. What if one wolf called it one thing akd another called it something else. She gladly told him the ne she knew it to be called though but now she wondered if maybe it had another name that maybe she didn't know. Looking around she wasn't sure how it could be called anything else.

"I'm not sure," she said thoughtfully, "I haven't been here in the summer months. Maybe I should have though" it certainly would have offered her setting to eat during those months when food had been scarce. Looking around again and Avella couldn't help but think of how her mother would appreciate such a sight. She might even agree that it was a sign.

She watched the man as she spoke explaining about her own past. Being born in the lore and then having to leave. Avella knew it was the coyotes. She remembered them getting more and more aggressive, even changing their behaviors to the point they were hunting in packs. Her mismatched gaze landed on the man when he spoke again. His words causing her to think what he said through more deeply. "I suppose it could be the reason. I mean most wolves come here in their own. At least they did before everyone left. The population didn't start growing again until last year when wolves were in the lore again." She spoke slowly on the last part as if something had fallen into place for her. "You might be on to something," she added.

She'd never heard of anything like that before but that didn't mean that it wasn't possible. She wondered how it might happen and who would do something like that. It was something thatbshe woukd have to think more about later though. It was too big to consider all at that one time.

He confirmed that it was a painful thing. Avella remembered how much she'd missed her family but she didn't think that even compared to what he'd been through. She nodded to acknowledge his words, "I hope one day you might see them again." He did however, express interest in the option she wanted to give him. "Let me explain then. My brother and I are working to start a pack in a place called Willow Ridge. It's where we were born. There are a few others who've joined us already. You'll have shelter, food, and friends. If you would like you can join us and help us to build the Ridge up to what it used to be. If that's something you're interested in we would be glad to have you with us."
Played by Molo who has 154 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Alarick
All of the thought and discussion around the titles of certain regions was both intriguing, and just a little bit maddening, which was possibly why he had not bothered to think about that much up until now. Things could be referred to differently, by others of their kind, though Alarick found himself perfectly content to accept the titles referenced by Avella. It made sense to trust someone that had been raised here, especially before.. whatever had happened to drive the populations away.

”It would be a great place to hunt, come summer, at very least,” Al offered, which was more than acceptable to him. He did not think even the berries in full bloom could quite match the odd, and rare beauty of this sight. But knowing about this place as a prospect for future hunts made up for that. Provided he was still somewhere nearby, that was.

Avella did seem to agree and believe that there was some credibility to his theory about why he had been brought here in the first place, too. ”One of the others I met, mentioned something about an entire family being.. forcibly moved here, too. So I am not the only one,” Alarick recalled. He shivered a little at the memory of that whole experience, but at least it was some comfort to know that it was not likely to occur again. He was not sure he would ever see his family again, but at least maybe.. he would not be taken away from here, too.

And then came the reason for the discussion, to this point, which Alarick listened to with interest. It was Avella’s goal to form a pack with brother and others, an offer that was extended to him, too. The purpose of this was to recruit, it seemed. Even after she had finished, he kept quiet, taking some time to collect his thoughts and formulate a response.

Avella had thus far seemed an honest, respectable individual. Traits Al certainly wanted any leader he would consider following to have. She was knowledgeable, sympathetic, understanding - all good points. ”I am.. certainly interested. I would like to be part of something more, again. Though I am not completely sure if I want to.. commit for good, right now, without seeing the place and meeting the others. But, I would be willing to dedicate my abilities and loyalties solely to your cause, for as long as I do stay.” He did not want to jump into things too quickly without knowing or seeing the places, but the offer was too good to simply pass up.

It might be exactly what he needed right now. At least for the rest of the winter. It was worth taking a chance on, in case it did develop into something more. If not, though, at least he could play a part in helping someone else achieve their goals, provided Avella and her brother agreed, of course.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
All her life she'd known the places in the lore by certain names but now that she'd given it some thought it was different. Speaking to the stranger she had never realized that maybe what she knew them as weren't their names at all. This was in a way a little mind blowing for her. Like what if the willows weren't actually called Willow Ridge. The first thought she had was of course talk to Scully about this though she felt he might think she was a little crazy.

The masked woman gave some thought to what was said next. She looked around and nodding. "It would be a good place," she agreed, "I'm sure plenty of prey come for the berries in the summer. There are lots of hiding places for them too." She knew that for prey animals having hiding places close by was really important. They would still be on alert hut maybe a little more relaxed which could make them easier to catch.

The idea of wolves being brought to the lore to repopulate it wasn't hard to belive. "That makes sense too," she stated, "If the whole family was brought it might guarantee that they stay in the area. A lone wolf such as yourself might move on if there's nothing to keep you here." Avella remembered the stories her mother had told her about her life before she'd come to the lore. "My mother spoke of animals that walk on two legs." She threw that out in case it might mean something to him.

The time came in their conversation when Avella told the man of the plans she'd set in motion already. She explained it with hoped that he might agree and therefore not have to be alone out in the lore any more. She was offering him more than just a home with food and shelter but a place to belong. Knowing what it was like being alone she didn't like seeing others in the same position.

She wasn't at all disappointed with his answer to her offer. Instead she completely understood. It wasn't a decision to be made lightly. Besides he hadn't turned her down completely. A smile did cross her maw, "That's completely reasonable. We still would he happy to have you for as long as you want to stay. You can accompany me back to the willows, everyone is there. You can meet them and I'll give you a tour, then we can discuss matters further if you like. There is just one thing that I ask of you." She considered herself a reasonable wolf but as a leader she loke to be kept apprised of any developments with her subordinates. "Please keep me informed of your decisions and come to me with any concerns. I would like the chance to discuss things with you first. Does that sound fair?"

Avella wanted to make sure that they were on the same page. More than that though she wanted him to understand that he could come to her with anything. That she'd always be willing to listen to what he needed to say.
Played by Molo who has 154 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Alarick
The other agreed that this place would be good to return to during the summer, her thoughts mirroring his almost exactly. ”Indeed. Maybe I.. or, we could return, then, to see what it is like,” Al suggested tentatively. Since it suddenly seemed much more likely that he would be still around come next summer, maybe he would have time to come back. Even if it was on his own, that time.

Avella also brought up another astute and thought-provoking point about the family of wolves, which Alarick offered a nod in agreement to. ”Perhaps. they surmised I would stay, though, since prey and land seem abundant, and I have no way of knowing how to return home.” That was what he would go with, anyone, because the alternative was far more frightening, and concerning.

Her mention of the two-legged creatures was entirely on point. ”Yes. It was.. them, that brought me here. If you ever see one, run.” He was not going to even try to hide the fear he felt for those creatures, that seemed to possess powers and abilities he still could not comprehend. It made him all the more grateful that the likelihood of that happening again, based on recent revelations, was rather small. It also made him feel safer, to be surrounding himself with others again.

This day had turned out far differently than he ever could have expected it to. With one chance encounter in this oddly beautiful place, suddenly his entire outlook on life and existence had changed. For the better, too, he hoped. There were a lot of reasons to be hopeful, now.

Avella seemed to completely understand his reasons and asked only one thing of him in return. ”That sounds reasonable, and your request is more than fair. I am grateful and honored to be given this chance, I will not dishonor myself by turning away from it, or you, without any discussion or explanation.” The invitation had been extended with a certain level of trust and expectation, and Alarick wanted the other to know that he recognized it, and that her trust would not be abused. It would be his goal to meet - and hopefully exceed - expectations, for however long he stayed with the group.  

-if you wanna archive this one on your next and we can do a continuation, i think I'm good for that c:
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
The man suggested that maybe they or he could return to the patch in the summer to do some hunting. "I would be happy to return with you in the summer," she told. There wasn't any reason for him to come alone and that way they might have much better chances of catching something to make the journey worth their time. Avella thought that by spring her and Scully's goals would have been met and the pack would be in a good enough place she could take a few days to hunt.

She'd come up with another theory as to why a whole family of wolves could have been moved to the lore. The man took that and came up with a theory about why he'd been moved on his own. "It is true that the lore has always been abundant in prey and there is no shortage of land to make your home," she mused aloud, "It makes complete sense why they would believe that you would stay." Not to mention the fact he had no idea how to get back tobhis home. Avella would probably have stayed too under those circumstances.

The idea that some two legged creatures could come and put wolves in new places was a scary one. She fully believed the things that her mother had said. The man only confirmed everything her mother had told her. She couldn't tell that the two legged creatures scared him. "I won't let them near me," she promised, "You're safe here thougn in the lore. In all the time I've been here I've never seen one."

She was very happy that he'd agreed to come back to the willows with her. Not just because he was one more wolf for her pack but also so that he'd have a home. He wouldn't have to be on his own anymore especially during the harshest time of the year. He needed something that she could easily offer, that was important to her.

She did have one stipulation however. She wanted to be kept in the loop about the decision he made when it came to going or staying. She didn't mind if he chose to leave she just didn't want it to be on bad terms. He seemed very agreeable to what she'd asked of him. "Excellent, I'm honored that you would make the choice to join us and happy that I was able to offer you a place to call home." She wanted to make sure that he knew that his voice was just as important as everyone else's. "You can come to me anytime you need to discuss or even just talk."

FADE