(See All?) Announcements
645 Users Online
Bing, Google

daughters will love like you do — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 349 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer
Set 1/9/2022 -- Leaving the first round up until it's determined whether Woya will be joining them before posting next round, leaving post ambiguous for that reason as well

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

There had been no luck in finding her, and with each passing day she felt it harder to hold onto hope that they were going to find her. Where else was there to look? With each passing day it felt more likely that some ill fate had fallen upon her or that she was further and further away from them. Still, she tried to keep her head up, searching every nook and cranny until eventually she made her way back up the mountain, if only to collect herself before she continued her search.

The visit to Fool’s Gold Chasm had even yielded no results as they had not seen her daughter anywhere. She had hope that perhaps the pack had found her, and that she had been safely tucked away there this entire time. She sighed as she reached the threshold of home, her ears flattened and head drooped lightly.

That was until she caught the scent, a few days old for certain but it was no doubt her daughter, mixed with the scent of Aleister. He’d found her. Without words, she instantly perked up, following the scent that no doubt Nash and Lynx would recognize as well as she took off to follow it.

(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2022, 06:18 PM by Chan.)
[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 604 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Also leaving ambiguous for this post. If Woya is with them assume he would have included that implication in his call.

Nash could tell that the failure of the trip was weight Aquene down; there was a slump to her shoulders when she walked, but she was doing well trying to keep her head up as they searched. He knew he wouldn't be able to convince her to stay for long, even with the heavy winter. As a guardian it was his duty to protect the pack, and even though he felt the spirit of the idea was within the territory, Nash counted protecting them beyond the borders as well. If his leader would allow it, he would accompany Aquene as long as she was out looking for her daughter.

Then they arrived back at the borders, and Aquene perked up, her pace quickening. Nash smelled it just after she did; Kateri was home! He tossed back his head and howled to announce their return even as he sped up to keep up with his love.

Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

After finally making it home with their slow and steady pace, he was relieved when they finally passed through the borders and made their way towards the dens where they got a well-deserved rest. Though, the Vuesain was still on edge with Kateri's injury and followed Chan's instructions with the herbs. If Aquene's search party didn't return soon, he knew he would have to see about sending someone out in search of them, but he decided to be patient. He knew Aquene would return soon.

As he rested alongside his daughter, his mismatched gaze barely able to leave her form since returning, a call rang out through the forest. The familiar voice was Nash's, alerting them of their return, prompting a sigh of relief from the male. Thank the fates they were home. "See Kateri, I told you you'd see Mama soon!" He told her with a soft smile before he lifted his maw up to the sky.

Kateri and I are in the infirmary.

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri was nestled up against her father's side sleeping mostly peacefully. She was so glad to be back home in the cove surrounded by all the familier faces. Except her mother still wasn't back yet. Her father promised she'd see her soon, Kateri held on to that promise. Her father hadn't lied to her and she didn't think he would start now.

Her father had taken care of her the while way back up the mountain. He even walked slow so that she could keep up with him. It felt like for ever before they reached borders especially since her leg still hurt. Half way up or what she imagined half way to be she'd stopped trying to put any weight on it. Pappa had brought her straight to the infirmary where due now rested.

That's all she wanted to dobwas sleep close to her father, she didn't want him to leave her.

When she heard the howl that she knew belonged to Nash she knew her mother was home. Her father confirmed it a moment later. "I always knew you'd keep your promise pappa," she told him lacking his muzzle.
Played by Arya who has 35 posts.
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Lynx Vuesain

They were home finally, but the somber realization of Kateri still missing haunted their steps. Head hung low in defeat, Lynx was upset to know yet another one of his family was out there, missing and he couldn't do anything about it. He didn't want to feel these feelings anymore, but then Aquene and Nash started to rush away from him as they crossed the borders. With a confused look, his seafoam gaze looked up to see what would be making them rush forward. Then Nash called out, signaling their return and that was when the scent hit him. Kateri was home. A choked cry left his maw then as he too began to sprint further into the Cove just as his father's call rang out into the forest letting them know they were in the infirmary. His heart squeezed at the thought of why they were in the infirmary. Hopefully it was just to be safe and that Kateri wasn't actually injured. At least she was home, Lynx had to think of the positive.

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 379 posts.
Deceased
Woya Macieo
Despite how far they'd trekked back through the thick forests of the Lore and up into the mountains themselves, they hadn't caught a single sign of either child. Woya didn't show it in front of the stranger and that Nyash guy (she hated that name), but she was honestly upset by it all. She was starting to hate this place that seemed to keep swallowing her family piece by piece.

She was stewing in her thoughts when the others around her suddenly took off, bolting dead ahead and leaving her in the dust. The hell... ? It didn't make sense until she'd caught up with them, and saw Aleister - standing with the same girl that had been described as lost. Only because it was her cousin's child did her heart lift, instead of being bitter that it couldn't have been Aweho who was brought home safely.

Woya stood at a distance, not about to intrude on the happy little reunion and so simply watched with a smile. She had time, now that she was finally up here, to catch up with her family after.
(This post was last modified: Jan 23, 2022, 05:37 PM by Woya.)
[Image: X2QzmxY.png]
Played by Tasha who has 349 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

Relief coursed through her when the dark fur came into view, hearing Aleister’s call brought worry but not surprise. After such an ordeal the girl would need time to mend, though Aquene did not yet know the reaches of what had happened. She arrived, panting lightly from being out of breath as she nuzzled lightly at her daughter and relief flooded through her. “I’m here. I’m here.” She was exhausted, she had pushed herself for days, but feeling so much better because her daughter was home safe. A part of her yearned to scold her, to demand where she had been but it was not in the healer’s temperament to do so. So long as she had been staying away from any hallucinogenic mushrooms then they would be fine.

“My sweet girl where were you? Are you okay? Are you feeling okay? You feel like you’re running a little hot you might have a temperature.” Instantly the woman dissolved into a mess of worry while armed with a healer’s knowledge… a dangerous combination if she had ever heard one. “Where did you find her? How long has she been back?” This time the question was turned to the girl’s father. Right now, everyone else was in the background because no one would be able to answer those question except for the man and her daughter.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 604 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Nash skidded to a stop behind Aquene at the den, heart pounding in his chest when Aleister and Kateri came into view. He let out a heaving sigh of relief to see them home, even if Kateri was clearly in need to healing. It was to be expected, even if it wasn't ideal. At least they'd found her alive. Nash had been avoiding the thought, but now all the terrible things that could have happened to her, the ways they could have found her dead - or not at all - swirled in his head enough to make him dizzy. Thank the stars Aquene didn't have to deal with the loss of her second child after all.

The guardian hung back, giving the parents space to dote on the returned child. He glanced back at Woya, who was clearly doing the same. Aleister would certainly have questions about why she'd come, but that could obviously wait. Hopefully Aweho would be returned home by the time she got back as well. He could only hope for the same happy news for everyone.

Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

Smiling softly down at Kateri, he knew it wouldn't be long before Aquene would be at her side again and as her dark form came into view, the Vuesain stepped aside slightly to allow the mother full access to their daughter. He couldn't be more relieved to have them reunited once again and he wished for it to never happen again. Aleister was not surprised as that constant worry that naturally filled a parent flooded out of Aquene's maw as she questioned Kateri then directed her attention to him.

"She found her way to the bottom of the Falls," he answered lightly as his gaze flickered between the two. "We got back only about a day ago as we had to take it very slow home. Her leg has been bothering her. Chan had me give her herbs every few hours for any pain and inflammation." Aleister could feel a little easier now, knowing Aquene would be able to find the best treatment for their daughter with her experienced knowledge.

Mismatched gaze finally addressed the rest of those who followed after the Shaman, as Nash and Lynx came into view, the form of another was with them. One that wasn't with them when they left. As he studied the newcomer who hung back in the shadows, he almost thought it was... "Woya?

[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri always had such faith in her father and as if it was him that had brought her mother back with his words she was there. He'd stepped aside so that she could go to her mother. Kateri took a few careful steps forward trying to not put any weight on her leg. "I missed you mamma," she told Aquene before reaching up to lick her muzzle in greeting. She knew her mother had to have been very scared for her and maybe even angry but she was glad when the scolding didn't come. Honestly she didn't think that it was necessary. Kateri felt she'd learned ger lesson.

Aquene was full of questions that her father filled in most of them for her. Still she felt she should answer some too, "I was all over mama but I don't know the exact places. It's kind of blurry. I'm okay...well except for my leg it was hurting but those herbs papa's been giving me have helped. They taste gross though. Papa's been in the den with me helping me to stay warm." The girl thought that should cover everything unless there were more questions she'd need to answer.

Kateri did have one question for her mother, "Mama where's Lynx?" She wanted to see her brother.