(See All?) Announcements
558 Users Online
Neo, Google, Bing

on the rooftop — Hush Meadow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 241 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Backdated to 12/21 as it takes place after this thread.
For @Avella and @Moore only.

Hagar led the way without distraction to where he and his friend last had connected - the same meadow within which they'd met. As the trees gave way to the expansive clearing, the man's strides slowed while his small eyes scanned the snow for trace of the wolf they sought. Catching nothing, he opted to come to a stop completely and tilt back his head, sending up a howl that sung Moore's name.

"He might not be near," feeling it was only fair to inform her, "we've been wandering."
[Image: 2zvAVMd.png]
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella followed Hagar as he led the way to where his friend might be. At least she hoped he would be there. This was a chance she hadn't wanted to pass up. She wanted to be the one to give the offer herself since she felt that at these early stages it was important. What would Scully think if she brought home not one but two wolves to help start their pack.she was trying to not get too excited in case Hagar's friend said no but it was hard to when this was the closest she'd come since coming up with the idea.

When Hagar stopped she stopped next to him and waited. She didn't know if he was deciding on the next path to take or had smelled his friend and was waiting for him to appear. The next thing she knew he was howling into the air.

"Hopefully he'll hear your howl," she said, "I'm patient though so no worries there."
Played by Daisy who has 62 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

Moore had been sniffing about the burrows in the meadow, at least what he could with all the snow. As much as he could appreciate the area’s winter scenery, finding food had still been difficult. Briefly, he paused, nose stuck deep into the snow. Stale rodent scents and–

A now semi-familiar sound reached his ears. They hadn’t traveled together long, but he’d recognize Hagars’ call for him by now. It didn’t sound as if the other man was far. Curious, Moore tipped his head back and sent out a howl of his own to his companion, signaling his location. It didn’t sound urgent, but still, there’d be no reason to make him wait, and it’s not like he was that far.

The huge wolf began lumbering towards where he heard his friends call, his gait favoring his right hind leg. The ache had been bothersome since he woke up, the throbbing almost enough to be distracting. Still, he’d been determined to explore the area more. Moore continued on until he thought he was close before calling out.

Hagar? You out there?” He barked out, eyes scanning for his friend.

Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Avella expressed patience, and Hagar hummed in agreement. It was of no hurry to him as well, and so he settled his haunches down onto the ground, content to sit and wait a time before deciding his call had not been heard or heeded. Thankfully, it didn't take long and therefor there would be no great Moore-hunt - the window carried his voice to them, and the bear-shaped wolf promptly pushed himself back onto his paws in order to eliminate the remaining space and snow between them.

He gave a bark too, one that was deep and said here.

When Moore came into view, Hagar picked up his pace, tail lifting to wag. He greeted the man physically rather than verbally, butting his crown against his shoulder before standing at his side.

"This is Avella-Archer. She is gathering a pack, and I am joining her."

The statement was made without decoration or emotion - it was what it was.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
The Archer did want to get back to the ridge and tell Scully the good news. However, Avella was content to wait for Hagar's friend to answer the call. Especially if it meant that she might get another member for her pack. She watched as the other man sat back on his haunches to wait but the masked woman chose to remain standing. She kept a look out for any sign of the new arrival, if anything she was eager to meet him.

Their wait wasn't too long when they heard the strangers voice. Avella turned in the direction it came from. Once he'd come into view Hagar went meet him while Avella hung back to allow the two friends to greet each other.

She got her cue when Hagar spoke introducing her. "I'm glad to have this chance to meet you," she said stepping closer to the two men. "Hagar is right and I was hoping that you might join us too. We've already got a territory where we've been based. We've been working on the caches and dens."

She hoped that what she said would help him to accept her offer. However, she knew how these things worked.

[B)"Do you think that might be something you're interested in?"[/b]
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

As Hagar came into view, Moores’ own fluffy tail began to wag, glad to see his friend, albeit curious about the call. Especially when another came with him. Regardless, there was no caution as the huge wolf bumped his own head against Hagars’ in greeting. Upon hearing his friend had chosen to join the stranger, there was no trace of upset. If anything, he was glad his friend had managed to find a group to join up with, recalling it was something he had been seeking when they first met.

"That's great! Y'got your group, then!" His tail continued to wave back and forth, a smile spreading across his features and reaching his eyes.

Even more glad as the stranger presented the same offer to him, charcoal ears perking with interest as she spoke. Amber gaze watched as she stepped closer, thought swirling deep within them. A previous fear reared its ugly head in the back of his mind once more; has he drifted too long to feel comfortable in a group? He shoved the thought back down, giving the stranger a wide grin instead of a worried look.

It’s good t’meet you as well, stranger,” he dipped his head lightly in response. “Glad to hear Hagar’s joining you. I gotta say, it does sound interesting to me, but I have a few questions. Who else you got on board? And how would the group be run?” As interested as he was, he appreciated his freedom, and wasn’t about to throw it away to be under some form of tyrannical rule. She didn’t seem to hold that air, but wolves could be surprising, he found in his travels.

Inactive Deceased
Hagar
At Moore's congratulating, Hagar smiled toothily, green eyes closing in satisfaction while his tail jumped up into the air to give a few wags. Yes, indeed, he had.

Avella was to the point, making her offer succinctly. His friend didn't shy away from it either, though he posed a couple of queries without giving an answer. The first made enough sense to Hagar, but the second caused his head to cant slightly to the side. How would they be ran? The same as any other wolf pack... right? His mossy gaze slid to the woman's dial, just as curious now about her response as his companion.
(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2022, 03:50 AM by Woya.)
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella smiled when Hagar's friend expressed that he was glad the former was joining her. "I am glad he is too." The surprise came when the friend had actual questions. Though she'd asked if he had any she wasn't really expecting much more than who else was with her. It didn't fluster Avella any. Both of his questions were easy enough.

"Right now it's my brother and Hagar who are with me. However, my brother is out recruiting as well so he may have found some one I haven't met yet." She hadn't been home in a few days so things might have changed.

As for his second, "I ask that you provide for the pack and protect it and the lands it resides on. I ask that you don't steal or lie and that if your planning to be gone for a couple of days let me know how long and when you plan to be back. Lastly, I ask that you don't slink off in the night, instead come and tell me your leaving if that is what you choose to do. Those are the basics. There are a few other smaller things but we can get into them later unless you would like meto cover them now."

Avella felt that what she was asking wasn't too much. It had been how her father and Ravenna had run the pack before so it was her model. She hadn't had her own pack so for now she thought it best to lead by example at least at first.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Moore Bailey

Moores' head listed to the side as he listened to her explanation. Nothing about that sounded unreasonable; in fact, it sounded ideal. Especially when she spoke of not stealing or lying. Morals varied almost as much as personality, he found. And while they didn't have to align perfectly with his, hearing the stranger talk of what she asked, he felt even more at ease.

Another thing that caught his attention was the fact she mentioned a brother; had it been the same man he ran into yesterday? @Scully had mentioned a sister, but with the mismatched gaze resting on him, it would likely be best to keep the conversation on track. He could always ask later.

"No need t'cover them now, what you've asked of already sounds good," glancing between his friend and the stranger, he straightened his back out and held his head high. "I'd love t'join you and your group. Y'seem respectable, and Hagar is a friend, and I appreciate that you extended the offer."

Inactive Deceased
Hagar
What Avella listed off was just as it had been at home, which was all Hagar knew and therefore could assume of the world. As such, he looked back at the other man's face, wonder now attuned to what Moore had been anticipating. Were there packs that ran differently? The more the notion repeated itself in his mind, the less strange it seemed, but still he could not imagine anything more than what he had already experienced.

That could be discussed another day, if need be.

His tail lifted higher, sweeping in great arcs as the darkly-masked man agreed to join the siblings along with him. His eyes closed once more to make room for a smile that showed every tooth, tongue sticking out over his small teeth. If that was that, he was perfectly content to follow Avella to their new home.