519 Users Online
Bing, Viorel, Google

girl with a mind on fire — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 862 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
For @Siyet only.

Chan reached the height of the Western rim which shielded their valley home, and stopped. Below, the forest churned with an invisible current of wind, and snow blew across the lake's frozen surface in mock waves. It was all beautiful under Winter's gilding, and yet he was not drawn to it. His gaze flicked past it, onward to the East, where the faceless @Adelard and his kin dwelled.

He wanted to continue around the encircling ledges, past the pack without a word. It was selfish, and so he did not choose it, but the desire had him frozen in place all the same.
(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2023, 03:46 AM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was busy digging in the snow. She was in the process of making a lakeside den, she frequently used to make these in her Homeland. They would be used as temporary testing places where her or other could go in to keep warm during snow storms, or if they were out on a day trip. She wanted to have one near the lake so if there were people traveling in or out of the Cove and they needed a place to rest they could. Or if someone wanted to nap by the lake they could.

Her shoulder was still a little sore from the hunt a few days ago but she was feeling much better. This is why she felt up to the task.

As she was digging the wind blew, and she caught a scent familiar to her. Chan was back. Her tail started wagging and she looked in the direction of the scent and say his form in the distance. She started to jog towards him,

" Chan! Welcome back! How was your trip? Did you run into any trouble out there? Do you wanna warm up in my snow cave for a little bit? Get you out of the cold?"
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's ears flicked as the wind brought something other than a soft whistle - a voice, calling his name below. He stepped forward, letting himself slide a few feet down the steep slope that led into the forest below. Siyet's words were clear, and plenty. The Eastfall brother chuckled.

"Snow cave huh? You really are from far North," he tossed back. Apparently, the universe had decided he'd had enough time alone with his thoughts. Chan continued downward, expertly navigating the icy incline until he was level with the tree trunks. He spotted the arctic woman quickly.

"Sure. Everything alright with the pack, I take it? Kateri and Aquene and everyone got home safe?"
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Chan had mentioned about how north she was, it was true. She had wondered off a bit. She thought this location would be a good one for the snow cave, it being right before leaving the valley and all

"Yes, this is a great spot. For when people, like you, come back from expeditions."

She smiled at Chan. It was nice to see him return safely. She was at least a little worried, considering all she had been through with her previous pack, that something could happen.

"Oh yeah, the little one is safe. And I'm pretty sure you were the last one...I think. I've been a little out of it trying to keep myself busy while I recover."

Her tail wagged, she was excited to show him the fruits of her labor.

"The snow cave is just over here."

She led him over to the pile of snow she had been digging in.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
"That's very thoughtful of you," he commented with a pinch of surprise in his voice. The Eastfalls and Vuesains alike were truly lucky to have come across such kind wolves, much less have them choose to live here on the mountain with them. At least he could trust that Siyet for one was used to these wintry hardships. It was curious, seeing the traditions he'd seen abroad utilized here at home.

It was good to hear that he was the only one that had stayed out and about - if the others had, it would've been because something had kept them. He felt happy and relieved all over again for @Aquene and @Aleister, his tail wagging back and forth behind him an expression of this.

"How's that going, your shoulder?" he asked, standing at the entrance but out of the way so as to allow her to enter first.

Hopefully well...
(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2022, 02:52 AM by Chan.)
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
As they approached the entrance of the snow cave, Chan showed consideration by allowing Siyet in first. She smiled at the generous offer and went in while saying,

"Oh it's getting better every day. It's still sore as hell, but I can walk on it, and use it like mostly normal. I just can't full on Sprint yet. How has your tail been?"

She looked back at him with a slight sneer. She though he looked a little silly with his now shortened tail, but it just added to his personality.

The cave was big enough for 3 or so wolves to comfortably rest in. With Siyet's small stature it allowed for more room even.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
It sucked that Siyet was still healing, but it was understandable. Chan had taken plenty of his own hits, including from hooves - they could cut in, pinch in a way that paws didn't. It was an unfortunate risk, but all hunters faced it equally. The point was that it was constantly improving, and he was thankful for that.

"I'm glad."

When she brought up his tail, it naturally picked up to wag.

"It's weird," he spoke honestly, following her into the cleverly crafted shelter. It was larger inside than one looking from without might think, and again he was reminded of the northern packs he had visited. They were nice memories to recall. Chan settled in, body following the curve of the wall without touching the cold snow. His paws rested in front of him, a foot or so away from Siyet's own. Just being out of the wind made it warmer, and soon it wouldn't be too far off from an earth-bound den.

"Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it's just a weird stretch-like ache. Sometimes I forget anything happened at all and it feels like the rest of it's still there. Been a few times I've sworn I've knocked my tail tip against something."

It had been disturbing, at first, experiencing such an injury, permanently losing a physical part of himself. As with most things, however, Chan had adjusted rapidly. It was what it was.
(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2022, 03:05 AM by Chan.)
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet listened to Chan talk about his experience with having lost part of his tail. He spoke of a weird phenomena where he feels the part he lost even though it's gone. It sounded like a very weird experience and Siyet really hoped she didn't have to experience it herself.

"Hmm that really sounds odd. I'm glad it isn't bothering you too much though."

She looked at Chan. He seemed..a little off today. She hoped he was okay.

"Are you okay Chan? You seem..different. If something is bothering you you can tell me. It's..not about Aleister is it?"

She had hoped that bringing up Aleister regaining leadership wasn't a sore spot for Chan.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's ears perked as Siyet asked him if he was bothered, curious as to why she felt so - was he acting strange, or had she caught on to the way he'd been staring off before she'd called out to him? She mentioned Aleister, and he smiled widely with mild amusement.

"No, no, nothing's wrong. Al and I are good. I just uh," he thought a second, measuring how forthcoming he wanted to be before continuing, "it felt really good to be out scouting again. Almost didn't wanna stop."

Too much, the thought cut through his mind like hot steel, and then another followed, this one icy cold - oh god, she had asked him about that, hadn't she?

"I'm so sorry," he proffered quickly, "you wanted to know about the trip."

He'd wanted to make sure Aleister and Kateri were alright first-thing, and had inadvertently missed one of the volley of questions she'd greeted him with.

"It went really well. Vi and Ko are pretty cool."

It was like visiting with friends each time, which was how it should be, in his opinion.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet listened carefully to the words that Chan said. She knew then why he seemed so different. His love for exploring. And the rumor she hears that he was going to be leaving.

" So, you're really gonna go then?"

She got a little teary eyed. He had just gotten back and now he was leaving again. She had welcomed his leadership and his friendship over the last few months. She had come to know all the wolves in the pack and it made her sad to think of anyone leaving.

"I'm sorry..I guess I just don't understand. You have a Nash, me, and the rest of the pack. Why do you need to go? What's out there that isn't here?"

She felt stupid, showing her emotions like this. Chan was free to make his own decisions but him leaving was still something that hurt deep down. She had lost her entire pack before, she didn't want something like that to happen again.