269 Users Online
Google, Bing

Just a little bit won't hurt — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Birthday RE:
A shooting star flies overhead and you're left with the following prompt: You've come across someone's abandoned 'party cache' - fermented goods and dried mushrooms are yours to celebrate another year with.
All welcome

She knew she should stay in the infirmary like she'd been told but she was bored. Her leg still hurt some, not as bad as it had but she couldn't take being cooped up anymore. It was dark outside the den which meant most if not all of the pack would hopefully be asleep. It would be the perfect time to get out and stretch her legs a bit. She didn't have any plans to go exploring or anything just a little walk.

So she quietly as she could slipped out of the den and out into the dark night. She tried to not let her paws crunch in the snow. She also put as little weight as she could on her injured leg. After a quick look around Kateri made her way away from the den. She didn't know how far she'd gotten before she smelled it.

Food.

Even though she'd been home for a couple of days and had eaten she still felt like she needed more food. So this was perfect. The young Vuesain-Slayer puppy followed the scent until she found it, the secret stash full of all kinds of stuff even mushrooms which she wasn't quite sure about. So she pushed those aside before looking to what she should start with.
(This post was last modified: Jan 10, 2022, 07:59 PM by Kateri.)
Played by Arya who has 35 posts.
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Lynx Vuesain
Wanted to get a Lynx/Kateri thread anyway and they had the same birthday RE!

The Vuesain boy was restless as he was supposed to be sleeping along with the rest of the pack, but he couldn't sleep that night. Truth be told, he hadn't been able to get a good night's sleep since the new year and he wasn't really sure why. So instead of tossing and turning, Lynx left the den and began to wander. His paws led him towards the infirmary where his sister had been staying and where his father spent most of his time while Kateri healed. As he came closer towards the den, his seafoam gaze found fresh tracks leading away from the den. Deciding to investigate, the boy followed the trail realizing it was his sister leaving the den and not one of the adults.

He was curious to see where she was going so dead in the night, but it didn't take him long to find her stark form against the alabaster snow. "Can't sleep either?" He asked as he walked up alongside her as his gaze looked to see what she found.

Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
She knew that she would have to be quick before her mother and father realized she was gone. She could only imagine what would happen if they woke up to find her missing again. Still the temptation of all the food laid out in front of her. Especially when she still felt so hungry after not having a good meal during her absence. Not mention all of the choices which caused her eyes to grow wide.

Her decision of where to start was put on hold at the sound of footfalls approaching. She thought to hide but she didn't think she move fast enough. She accepted that she woukd be caught and possibly in trouble. Thankfully it was only Lynx, she didn't think he would tell on her.

She greeted her brother with a happy wag of her tail and a smile. At his words she shook her head, "More like I needed to get out. What's keeping you awake?"
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Lynx Vuesain

"I think I'm just missing my mom and I don't think she's coming back," the young boy admitted with a rough sigh as his seafoam gaze looked to the stash of dried mushrooms and fruits at the feet of his sister. Stomach rolling at the sight of them, he reached down to sniff and see which one seemed the biggest to soothe his hungry stomach. Plucking a mushroom from its place in the stash, he chewed quickly before swallowing. "And I was a little hungry too," he commented as his seafoam gazed looked up to her mismatched gaze as his tail swept lightly across his hocks.

Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri was sad for her brother when he said that he missed his mom and didn't think she was coming back. The dark pup reached out and nudged his cheek. "I'm sorry Lynx. I hope that she does come back but maybe you can share mine until she does." Kateri knew that it wouldn't be the same as having his own mom back. She didn't even know if the offer would make him feel better but what if it did. "I'm still here," she whispered as he seemed to be selecting something to try from the hidden stash. She saw that he'd chosen one of the mushrooms to try. The dark Vuesain-Slayer smiled, "I think I'll try one of those too," she said pulling one to her and taking it in her mouth. She chewed quickly and swallowed. "We can split this between the both of us since we're both hungry?" She suggested. Even though she knew they didn't share a mom she was glad she had her brothers and sister.
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Lynx Vuesain

Though he appreciated her offer, Aquene was her mom and her mom only. Lynx knew Kat was only trying to comfort him, but the only thing that really could was having his own mother back. But he was happy he still had his sister here with him, at least she wasn't missing and lost anymore. "Thanks, Kat." He replied lightly with a half-hearted smile. She then reached down to take a piece for herself, stating they could share everything since both of them were hungry. Smiling, as he looked over at her, but as he turned to her, she was covered in dancing lights and halos. Squinting and blinking his seafoam eyes to try to clear his messed-up vision, but he couldn't help being feel slightly more relaxed as if his body seemed to become one with the ground. As if he was melting into it.

Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri didn't understand why Lynx's mom wasn't there. She didn't think that was fair to him. He had to miss her as much as she'd missed her own mom while she was lost. He'd even said as much. Somehow she knew that even though she'd offered to share her mom with him it just wouldn't be the same. She wouldn't be able to accept anyone else as her mom either. She smiled when he thanked her. "Anything for my brother," she said smiling.and bumped his muzzle playfully with hers. They both had become side tracked by the bounty that lay in front of them. They'd both eaten one of the mushrooms.

Kateri wasn't expecting what happened next. The strange swirling colors everywhere she looked and she thought she was floating. "Are you floating too Lynx?" She asked a little loudly.
Inactive VIII. Yearling
Lynx Vuesain

Whatever they had eaten was most definitely something he's never had before, which was probably why it was all gathered together out here and not buried in a cache with the rest of the food. Even though he never had it before, he was amazed by the colors and feelings that fell over him as he looked out across the colorful world. Kateri asked him a question then as he turned his gaze over to hers and it did seem like she was floating! Well, that was cool! "No, I'm melting!" He answered enthusiastically as he looked down at his paws and swore, they were sinking further into the snow beneath them.

Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri hadn't ever experienced what she was right at that moment. In fact she was almost certain her mother wouldn't agree with this. That wasn't in her mind just then. All she was thinking about was the fact that she was floating and there were so many pretty colors all over. Even when she looked over at her brother as she asked him a question he was all colorful too. This in her opinion was amazing. She even forgot that her leg had been hurting a little only moments ago. Her mismatched gaze went to Lynx when he said that he was melting. "You can't do that you have to come float with me. It's so much more fun." She was convinced that her brother would like that. She fell on to her back looking up at the sky a goofy smile on her face. "Look Lynx the stars are shooting all around the sky," she said giggling.