(See All?) Announcements
485 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis

The Things We Find in the Forest — Frog Chirp Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
The water remained unfrozen in the little creek that the Masked Archer had come across. She stopped to taking in a little of the icy water. Before continuing on her mission. She still needed more wolves to help bring life back into the Ridge. She and Scully had made great progress in their goal but there was still plenty to do. She'd only planned to be away for a day. It was taking her a little longer.

She wouldn't admit it but she was feeling a little nostalgic that day. Though she didn't like to think of her time away from her family much there were times that she just couldn't help herself. Avella had learned a lot about surviving and about herself in those months. They were what had made her who she was. She believed it was what had helped her to become a true Archer.

After her drink she caught the scent of meat. Already she knew some predator had already taken it down but she chose to investigate. What she found were the half eaten remains of a deer. It wasn't too old yet either.
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 241 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Hagar was out seeking prey, rather than recruits. While he would not mind informing others of their intentions to form a pack amongst the Willows, he was no salesman. His use, Hagar decided, was in providing for the caches and adding to the amount of muscle available to defend the territory at any given moment. As such, the scent of death had brought him to the same carcass.

His green eyes lit with surprise when he saw Avella already present. His tail gave a few wags at his hocks, a silent greeting.

Approaching the carcass, he sniffed the snow around it, curiously trying to decipher what had felled it. He dared not take a bite before his alpha.
(This post was last modified: Jan 15, 2022, 11:40 PM by Hagar.)
[Image: 2zvAVMd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Fresh tracks show an injured deer has recently passed by. Hunt opportunity! +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
She stood and looked the deer over for a long minute before moving to find out more information. Just as she was sniffing around it Hagar appeared. "I have to ask, were you following me?" She joked. She had no real clue but if he were it would be something of a comfort. She looked down at the carcass before letting her mismatched gaze rest on the man again.

"Its not very old. I was wonder now that your here would you like to help me bring it home?"

There were others that needed fed and there was plenty for every one. It seemed to her the only logical thing to do. She hoped that he'd say yes but she would understand if he didn't it was a far distance to travel with half a dead deer.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
The joking lilt of her voice did not appear to speak clearly to Hagar. He answered with a simple "no," as though she had asked in the same flat affect he himself often spoke in. Further explanation on what he was doing did not follow; if she wanted to know, she would ask.

Would you like to help me bring it home?

Hagar nodded without hesitation. Of course he would like to help. Still, he did not budge. Just as before he continued to wait for Avella to take her pick, even though now it was just to choose where the best grip on the steadily-freezing carcass would be. He remembered distinctly the time he'd been snapped at as a child for rushing a meal without permission, and like most discipline exercised on Hagar it had effectively created a habit for life; always wait.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Though sge was an Archer and in her mind they lived at a higher standard she wasn't quick to dismiss such a gift. The months she lived on her own had taught her the importance of taking food when and where you could find it. Her head canted to the side at her companion when he answered. His tone or answer didn't removed the smile from her face. "Well then it's lucky you were in the area. I don't think I could have gotten this home by myself."

He was agreeable to helping her but she couldn't help but become curious when he didn't move toward the carcass. "What's wrong?" She asked. Avella didn't understand why he wouldn't just grab part of the deer right away. "I didn't miss anything did I?" Maybe she'd made a mistake in whether or not the meat was actually good. Maybe she'd lost her touch, it had been awhile since she'd made a meal of another predators prey.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Hagar smiled back at her, tail wagging through the air. He was happy to help. The man expected her to go ahead, but she held back, observing him instead. His mossy eyes raised to meet her lips as they formed words, asking if everything was alright. Confused, he tilted his head and regarded her in turn.

"No... I follow your lead," was the best answer he could think of. His small sights blinked back at her, curious if that would be enough or if this was yet another thing on which he differed from the foreign others.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella was glad to have Hagar's help. The deer remains would be beneficial to the small group of wolves. Since they hadn't brought down any big game as of late and they were still working to fill their caches. She became worried when Hagar didn't jump right in to start dragging the carcass back to the willows. Instead of trying to guess at what could be wrong she decided to just ask.

As it turned out there wasn't anything wrong. He was just waiting for her to take the lead. "Oh, well then…," she wasn't expecting that. "I guess we shouldn't waste anymore time then. We've got a bit of land to cross before we get home." That said she moved toward the carcass to grab one of the legs that was still there. Once she had a good grip she waited for Hagar to get his.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
She didn't attempt to correct or assure him, accepting his simple statement for what it was. As she said, to waste more time on the matter wouldn't be productive, and this effort was for the whole. Avella chose her placement, and Hagar moved in to grip strategically opposite, in a way that would minimize the ruined cadaver's shifting and separating as they grappled with it. Bearing as much weight as he was able, which was a considerable amount given the exercised bulk of his frame, he gave his leader a look that told her he was ready to go and get the job done.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
There wasn't anytime to waste getting the carcass back. She would have to speak to her companion later about what he'd said. She just wanted to get the deer back to the willows. She'd grabbed her part of the deer and waited for Hagar to grab his. Once he had his grip she started to pull it towards home.

It took a little time but it went much quicker with Hagar's help. Soon enough they were back in the Willows getting the deer into the cache they'd chosen.

Once the deer was take. Care of she turned to Hagar, "Thank you for your help. I'm not sure I would have gotten it back that fast by myself."