539 Users Online
Bing, Google

be my bloody valentine — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by whoami who has 15 posts.
Inactive No Rank
O O C |

s p e e c h / t h o u g h t s

Italia tried to remember exactly how they were captured, but it was all just a bit fuzzy when she attempted to do so. She scrunched her brow as she played through parts in her mind, huffing her breath finally. "I'm really not quite sure... I remember there being a sharp pain, and then everything fading, " she recalled, trying to think of what came next. She knew that she had stayed in that cage for quite an extended period, as the route in which the machine they used to transport her in felt like it rolled on for days. "I awoke trapped, though, there was food waiting for me. I fell asleep, in and out, for the duration of my trip here. That, was the last time I have eaten, " she mentioned, leaving it at that on the matter.

She began walking with Embla, making sure her steps were quiet as it wasn't clear how far away they were from their prey. She winced when the girl asked what her mother's name was. She hadn't said it out loud for quite some time. "@Katna, " she spoke, trembling on her words. "Her name was - is Katna, " she corrected herself. Lia smiled knowing someone was able to put the word out there for her as well. It was a favor that would not go unnoticed. They had almost made it to where the vultures were, and the cries of what seemed to be a fawn grew closer with each passing movement.
Played by Jacqueline who has 22 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Embla
A sharp pain and then everything fading. Embla clung onto her every word, desperate learn as much as she could about the incident and the tactics of the two-legged creatures. Her pale brow wrinkled in concern and her ears pressed back, sadness and concern pulling at her dark lips and she offered Italia a sympathetic look. Although the younger wolf was curious to know how Italia could be sure of her family's whereabouts, it seemed to be a painful topic, as the older wolf spoke around the question and continued to explain more about how the two-legged had treated her. Embla decided not to press the topic, not wishing to cause further distress through more prying. "It sounds horrible." Embla commented finally.

It seemed the young wolf hit another sore spot when she enquired about Italia's mother, Katna. "I promise, I will keep an ear out for the name." She assured the older female, hoping that her words would provide Italia some comfort and reassurance that she was not totally alone in searching for her missing kin.

Falling silent as she followed along behind the dark wolf, she kept her ears alert and her eyes focused on the circling vultures above. As they advanced through the trees towards their location, the cries of a fawn caught their attention. Embla quickened her pace, moving forward to gently bump her shoulder against Italia's side to encourage her to hasten the pace. Lifting her head, dark nostrils flared as she inhaled a deep breath of air. Though the scent of the dead rabbit between her jaws dominated, there was another stench which caused her eyes to widened. Embla immediately skidded to a halt, planting her rear on the ground stubbornly and she barked at Italia to stop. Dropping the rabbit at her paws, she called out in warning. "Cougar!"
Inactive No Rank
O O C |

Italia knew that the younger one yearned to know more of her experiences with the humans, but the truth was that she had very limited knowledge of them herself. What she did know is that these did not harm her - well... except for that prick that she had been shot with that made her fall sound asleep moments after. She nodded her head to the girl and smiled. "I appreciate that, " she spoke in a hushed voice.

Her pace quickly caught up with Embla's, though not for long when her comrade suddenly skidded to a halt. She matched this, her legs panting themselves and her eyes settling upon the beast not far from them. Its lips were coated in red, fur on the nape of it's neck beginning to bristle as it caught view of the duo heading in its direction. Italia's lips raised into a snarl, whispering under her breath, "What's the verdict here? The possibility of pain is high, " she said in referral to tangoing with the cat before them.

The cougar let out a low rumble from his throat, its body lowered over the kill. It was enjoying the small creature that they had heard not long before making it to this point. Italia's mind was racing about how they were going to weasel their way out of this situation. Is this even worth it, to get myself back to my mother? she thought to herself, admittedly a bit frightened that something tragic could happen with this encounter.
Played by Jacqueline who has 22 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Embla
Amber eyes darted between the cougar and Italia, who had now also skidded to an abrupt halt. It was clear from the crimson staining on its fur that the cougar had been the one to catch the fawn, and from its aggressive body language and threatening growls, it did not plan on letting two wolves get anywhere near its next meal.

Embla looked to her elder companion, her pale ears pressing back against her skull as the dark wolf questioned how they should proceed. Although not often willing to back down from a challenge, the tundra wolf could see no good outcome in pursuing their hunt. The cougar had beat them to it, and besides, Embla already had the rabbit to keep her hunger at bay for a few days.

As the pair of them hesitated, deliberating what to do next, the cougar's patience grew thin. Snarls continued to erupt from its throat until it finally rushed forwards to confront them, its large paws swiping and slicing through the air in a frenzied attack. Embla immediately backed off, grabbing the rabbit off the ground quickly before she set off sprinting in the opposite direction.

Glancing back, she attempted to see if Italia had followed after her, though she did not stop to find out.
Inactive No Rank
O O C |

There was true fear in her, a feeling she was desperately trying to escape from. That's all her life had been this past year, fear of her family's whereabouts, the fright that her captors had instilled in her. It had all been too much, and she was aching to get away from it all. This isn't how it ends, she said determinedly to herself.

Lia jumped as the young one next to her darted, but she only got a start on her for a split second. Her black limbs dashed and took her further away from the cat. Thankfully, he was far too invested in consuming the meal he had caught. She was saddened that she and Embla couldn't have gotten to be acquainted better, though, she was sure she could meet up with her again in the future.

For now, she dipped her head, taking in the scents that she was sure would lead her to where Italia needed to be. This was just the beginning, and she knew that she was getting closer to her goal of finding the pack once more.

Fade, thread complete.
(This post was last modified: Mar 09, 2022, 05:49 PM by Italia.)