and I've earned a couple scars — Rissa's Rest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 43 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hellhound Archer
For @Leviticus midnight, overcast, -7C/20F

Back on the coast to coast life

& You know I live for the hustle

He was going to leave, he really was. Hellhound was not even sure why he was hanging around at this point. He had done it all, seen it all, and now it was time to head back towards the beach. Maybe though, maybe he had time for one more tryst before he made his way back home. There would be time of course along the way to run into some strangers and have some fun, but he had found the talent in the lore to be especially appetizing.

No wonder his family never shut up about this place.

It was late, but there had to be someone around, so Hellhound threw away any caution that he had - not that he ever had much - and lifted his muzzle to the sky. His call was clear, he was looking for a companion, any companion, he was not a picky man. Hell, as long as the other body was warm that was good enough for him for a night, and then he would actually go back to the beach he promised. All he could do now was wait and hoped someone would show up.

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 187 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Leviticus wasn't supposed to be outside of the territory, it had been made clear enough. He'd done his best to be obedient, but between Woya's incessant bullying and Walrus' relentless attempts to seduce him, the young wolf had felt all but forced out of the pack's claim and into the woods beyond where he could breathe and exist without dread. Or so he thought, anyways.

Levi froze with shock and apprehension when the scent of another entered his nostrils, swiftly followed by a beckoning howl that mentioned no one in particular. Had it been female, he would have turned tail immediately, possibly even running all the way back to the Chasm. It was male, though, and he couldn't help but think of @Adelard. He would want to know, wouldn't he? Levi was pretty certain of the answer, and he took a deep breath and pushed himself onward, toward the stranger's location.

"Hello?"
(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2022, 02:37 AM by Leviticus.)
[Image: qfzMxz5.png]
Inactive No Rank
Hellhound Archer

It turned out that Hellhound probably did not even need to call out. A stranger had been hot on his trail as he was closer to the border than more territorial wolves would like. A voice called out hello? and a grin rolled across the ginger Archer features, it was show time. The voice had sounded apprehensive and when Hellhound’s eyes fell on the stranger he was half surprised it was a male.

Worked for him, but what was making him so nervous? Looking over the blondish man he drawled, ”Why so nervous? I can take good care o' ye, no need t' worry.” It was a little gruff, but Hellhound took a step forward, always one to push the buttons of others. Either he would give in to the flirting, or the Archer man would cause a little bit of chaos. Either was equally appetizing.

He stepped forward again, testing how far he could push the boundaries. Maybe just a little bit closer. Hellhound winked in a way he hoped was charming, ”I’m Hellhound, and I’m only aroun' fer another night or two. Care t' keep me a little company?” He stepped forward again.

Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Leviticus had never been flirted with before. He had also never seen his parents act in a way that was intimate or tender. As such, the man's words were taken at their immediate value, and he blinked with bemusement while his head began to cant to the side. That was awfully nice of him, but why did he think that Levi needed to be cared for? Did he look underfed, was it just because he could tell he was uneasy? The questions were plentiful, their weight furrowing his brow.

Hellhound.

Levi gulped.

Care t' keep me a little company?

To him, it all sounded innocuous, except that name.

"That... that's not true, is it?" he took a step back, tongue running over his lips nervously.

"You aren't really from... from..."
(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2022, 02:43 AM by Leviticus.)
Inactive No Rank
Hellhound Archer

Ah so maybe flirting was not the way this interaction was going, but the stranger’s nervousness was equally delicious. Hellhound stepped forward immediately gaining back any ground the stranger had tried to put between them. Shrugging in a noncommittal fashion the ginger wolf murmured, ”Well I’ve lived here, and there, a bit o' everywhere really.Who be t' say exactly whar I came from.” Then he grinned as if he were hungry.

Dropping his voice into a growl of a whisper he continued, ”But, I ain’t sayin' that I’m not from Hell if that’s what ye’re aft.” Stepping away nonchalantly, he looked the stranger over again, what a cute little thing he was. Too bad he was the wolf equivalent of a timid bird, Hellhound preferred them a little bolder, and who would stroke his ego a little bit.

Flipping his head over his shoulder he looked to the trees around them, the first he had come down the mountain to see. Peach eyes roamed lazily around and he commented in a matter that would have been more suitable for small talk, ”Crazy season isn’t it, to be sure? Everyone has practically lost their damn minds.” Then he whirled back around quickly, hoping to startle the stranger a little, ”What about ye? ye manage t' keep thinkin' straight?” He was back to flirting, it was hard to resist.

Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Levi noticed quickly that each step of retreat made caused the other to prowl closer, maintaining their proximity. He shouldn't have left home, he couldn't help but think as he realized just how vulnerable he was. Alone, out of the way. His ears lowered, and his tail began to tuck. This guy had no reason to hurt him, right? Unless it was actually true... that he was...

The stranger spoke the word again, and Levi whimpered audibly. Dark, torturous pictures painted by cruel teachers of faith flashed through his mind, and he shook his head with eyes pinched shut as though he could dislodge them. When he opened his eyes again, peering up at the other man, he had moved. As though he hadn't hinted at being of another dimension, one that Leviticus very much still believed to be real, he began to speak more conversationally, commenting on - ah. The context colored his previous words, and Levi felt his face flush, feeling a little foolish.

Maybe it was really all just him and his own insecurities, but even if he was just a normal wolf, Levi decided he didn't like this guy.

"... please go away."

The words were certain, even if spoken with a volume that was just barely above a whisper and without eye contact.

"You shouldn't be here."
Inactive No Rank
Hellhound Archer

Oh the way that this stranger trembled before him, tucking his tail, whimpering out loud, clenching his eyes shut. It was just all so perfect, and Hellhound had to hold back a laugh, but couldn’t contain the smile that stretched across his muzzle. Oh, he was making all of this so easy, and so so fun. The ginger man was pleased with his choice to come down here and see these trees. First it was that woman who he had laid with, and now this cowering creature.

When Levi did finally tell him off Hellhound could not hold the laughter in. It was loud and bounced back at them as if there were suddenly dozens of Archer barking laughter at them. Widening his eyes, and shivering mockingly he taunted, "Oh no! Have I upset th' little mouse? What be th' tiny bird goin' t' do?" He wasn’t even that much smaller than him, but Hellhound was cocky, and scrappy.

Plus, it was not like this wimp was going to ever do anything but run back crying to whoever it was protecting him.

Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
The monster laughed at him, and Levi was chilled by the sound. He wished that @Adelard would appear, certain his strength would be enough to silence and chase off this interloper. He himself seemed to just be baiting the man further. Still, he felt his insides steel, refusing to be completely cowed. He'd done enough of giving in to bullies as a child, and would not carry on the habit.

"Bein' bigger isn't an edge," he answered, lips pulling back in a sneer. His courage was gathering, allowing him to verbally bite back even if it meant taking more than he could chew.

"I've got friends, and they're close. So leave. Before I call them."
(This post was last modified: Jun 13, 2022, 01:48 AM by Hagar.)
Inactive No Rank
Hellhound Archer

It was surprising how the little cowering wolf suddenly found his courage and snapped back at him. It stopped the laughter at least, though Hellhound was not intimidated by what he figured was a fairly empty threat. Any dangerous friends would have already ambushed them given it was the spring season and most pack members were on high alert for intruders.

But, he also didn’t want to take any chances. He did, however, want to stir up some drama on his way out. Shrugging noncommittally he chuckled, ”alright, alright, have it yer way, I'll hit the trails.” He turned to go, before pausing with one of his paws held in the air, ”But say hi t'a friend o' mine would ye? Can't remember the name, but she had brown eyes and she were bein' a lot more fun than ye. After last night I'm sure ye'll be knowin' who she be sometime soon.” As if what he was implying was not good enough, he added an exaggerated wink and wiggled his rear end at the poor tormented wolf.

With a hearty laugh Hellhound took off. He had done what he needed to do.

Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Leviticus was immensely relieved that the man, at least vocally, relented to his demand. He honestly hadn't been sure what his next step would have been outside of actually howling for the others, and who knew what could happened in the time it took them to reach him? Thankfully it seemed he wouldn't be finding out.

His cheeks flushed again when he promptly recognized Rhaegara's description, and his stomach twisted with an awkward mix of emotions. It wasn't any of his business, he told himself. Still, his alpha needed to know that someone so... flippant and threatening was prowling about their territory. Levi stood his ground until the man bolted, and watched him until he vanished completely before taking off at a run of his own. He would inform @Adelard immediately.