(See All?) Announcements
981 Users Online
Bing, Magg, Google

moonlight reflected is many times stronger — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 379 posts.
Deceased
Woya Macieo
Backdated to the night of 1/9, for @Moonshadow only.

After climbing the mountain to find the missing child at home, and then promptly after getting called to tussle with another thieving cat, Woya hadn't gotten around to actually catching up with the wolves she'd come to visit. Consigning to wait until the morning, she had traveled down the rocky slope to the water's shore to get a drink before tucking in for sleep.

The moon shone brightly overhead, reflecting off the lake's marbled surface like glass. The only intrusion was a stark silhouette, a Shadow standing alone at the ice's edge. Woya's heart lifted, and she picked up her pace.

"Shadow?" she asked, not sure why she was keeping her voice down.
[Image: X2QzmxY.png]
Played by Grae who has 900 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

The day had been more than eventful. First with Aquene, Nash and Lynx returning home to be reunited with Kateri, who had arrived with Aleister safely back home the day before. The elderly onyx woman had tried her best to help in any way she could. Though she mostly would bring father and daughter food so that neither had to leave the infirmary. She continued to do the same once Aquene returned, gathering anything the mother may need. When Nash's call rang through the trees about another intruding feline Moonshadow felt an overwhelming urge to rush out and help but unfortunately decided against it. She knew she wasnt as spry as she once was, not as strong or as fast either. Though her fierce desire to protect her home and loved once would never die out. Moonshadow had enough wisdom within her to know that her protectiveness would override her sense and potentially get herself hurt. So, she stayed behind with @Aquene and little @Kateri, standing "guard" outside the infirmary. The sun had long since set and Moon made sure mother and daughter were safely tucked in for the night before making her way to the lake.

Large inky paws moved easily over the lightly powdered shore moving to the water's edge where the ice hadn't reappeared fully. Reaching down, her long coral tongue lapped the icy water. Having her fill, the Eastfall matriarch lowered her haunches to sit and overlook the lake. The moon shone down reflecting beautifully off the ice on the lake. Looking over the scene it was easy to see how the woman ended up with her namesake. The silver glow of the moon shining down on the dark shadowy earth below. Moonshadow curled her silver dusted tail around her paws as she tilted her head up to look at the sky above. A smile pulled at her greying maw as she sat peacefully. She thanked the havens for bringing Kateri home safely and asked that they'd watch over Nori and Kip and bring them home safely as well. The pack maybe strong in numbers but they weren't complete, not without them. She sat quietly for a while, enjoying the peace that the lake always brought her before finally standing once more to head in for the night. Before she could turn to leave a familiar voice called out to her - "Shadow?"

Moon turned to see the pale figure quickly approach her. "Woya!" She called out as she moved to help close the distance between them, her dusted banner waving excitedly behind her. The older woman had thought she had smelled her near the infirmary earlier that day but hadn't had the chance to investigate. A wide warm smile pulled at her salt and pepper maw at the sight of the Macieo woman. It had been almost a full year since she saw her last, months way too long.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Deceased
Woya Macieo
The joy with which she was met lifted her spirits considerably, and gave her enough confidence to press her muzzle to the other woman's cheek once she was close enough, tongue sneaking out for a quick kiss. The other wolf possessed more silver in her coat than before and moved a little more stiffly, but her eyes caught the light with the same sharp beauty and Woya experienced butterflies within her chest once more.

"It's good to see you," she told her earnestly, tail sweeping back and forth low at her hocks. She wanted to say that she missed her, but refrained, plenty of complicated emotions also bubbling to the surface now that she was in Moonshadow's company once more.

"How have you been?"
Lone Wolf No Rank
Moonshadow Eastfall

The long harsh mountain winter was lingering, invading every inch of her aging body but she was still able to find happiness amongst the bleak. Seeing Woya again was one of those moments for the Eastfall woman. When the ebony woman closed the distance her pale companion nudged her cheek and gave her a small kiss. The skin beneath her salt and pepper fur began to burn as her cheeks flushed. Moon's silver dusted ears splayed out momentarily before pressing forwards to catch Woya's words. "It's good to see ya too." Moonshadow agreed only moving back enough to comfortably face the other woman. Her pale companion asked how she had been and the was only the brief moment of hesitation. Surely she couldnt just say she almost froze herself solid..."I've been good! How have ya been?" She asked her dark banner also waving happily behind her. The older woman could smell others that were not of the cove so she figured that Woya had found a pack.

Word Count: 167
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Deceased
Woya Macieo
She answered the question easily it seemed, and Woya lowered her haunches to the ground and curled her tail overtop her dancer's paws as she listened. The Macieo hoped that was true, especially with the missing child back in the pack's care. Expectedly the query was turned back unto her, but the reply wasn't anywhere near as simple. For a moment she considered a simple and concise lie, her lips parting and then closing without a word while the option played on her tongue.

"I've... been."

Her hesitation was clear, but she wasn't so sure that any of it was Shadow's burden to bear.

"I'm so glad Kateri was found. I'm sure you must have been worried for her too."
Lone Wolf No Rank
Moonshadow Eastfall

Woya's hesitation became much more apparent in her next response causing the dark woman's dark banner to slow and some concern to cross her features. It would be a lie if Moon had said she didnt care for the creamy woman. They had shared something very intimate the year before, and that gave the Macieo woman a special place in the Eastfall's heart. Before Moonshadow could ask what was bothering her, Woya brought up little Kateri and her return. "I'm grateful she was found 'n brought home safely. Thank ya for helpin' with that." The inky woman smiled, her silver dusted banner moving once more for a few wags.

The nervousness and shyness from the year before bubbled again within the Eastfall matriarch as silver orbs met warm amber counterparts. "How have ya really been?" she finally gathered the courage to ask, concern in her tone. Moonshadow truly wanted to know and to help in anyway she could. Even if it was to simply offer a listening ear.

Word Count: 168
Deceased
Woya Macieo
Thank ya for helpin' with that, she praised, giving Woya reason to smile broadly.

"Of course," the answer came easily. Kateri was family, after all. She was happy the girl was home, really. It just also couldn't be ignored how much she wished that could be Aweho, and if luck were real and able to be spread thin...

How have ya really been?

Her mirth faded, the words and their tone making it clear that Shadow didn't buy fine enough. While it touched her, she also felt the thorned walls around her heart bristle. She didn't want to be a walking tragedy or someone the Cove woman otherwise pitied, she wanted to be the fun, younger paramour that she assumed would be desired of her. Woya decided to share part of the truth.

"My nephews missin'. It's shitty."
Lone Wolf No Rank
Moonshadow Eastfall

The shadow's silver dusted banner swayed once more as her creamy companion offered an "of course." to her thanking. The appendage stilled once more when she asked how Woya was actually doing. Her large fluffly audits pressed forwards in anticipation to the response, hoping it wasnt anything tragic. Her hopes werent fully met as the news of another missing child was given. An almost silent whine came from the dark woman involuntarily. Moon moved to give her companion a comforting nudge to her shoulder, knowing it wouldn't help much but hoped it would help even just a little. "Im so sorry to hear that. I'll make sure we keep an eye out. What's his name?" Normally she would ask if WOya minded her asking but given the situation she figured it would be okay. And as a nephew of the Macieo woman that meant the boy was also Aleisters family (not taking into condiseration the maternal side of Woys's family). And Al was family so that made the boy family by proxy. Moon would make sure they all kept an eye out.

Word Count: 000
Deceased
Woya Macieo
Moon stepped closer, and Woya felt a familiar shiver run down her spine. She did her best to ignore it, swallowing hard. Briefly, she returned the woman's touch, nose tucked against her silver-flecked cheek.

"Aweho. He's got brown fur, n' pale eyes. He's got 'Macieo' all over him."

Maybe that was just her own bias, though.

"Thank you."

There was a beat of silence, and then she gave her body a hefty shake. As though that could rid her of the darker emotions life had dealt her. She flashed the shaded doe another toothy grin, and took a step away from the lake's shore. Where she faced was not toward the pack's communal areas, but rather north to the more secluded trails.

"We don't need ta dwell on all that though. Ya'wanna go for a walk? Y'can catch me up on all the good that's been happenin' for ya."
Lone Wolf No Rank
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her touch was returned with a nudge to her cheek and a familiar warmness bubbled up within her. The inky woman didn't move away, but instead reamined at her cream companion's side as she asked about her nephew. Aweho she answered further explaining that he had brown fur and pale eyes, and had Maceio written all over him. A small chuckle fell from Moon's salt and pepper maw as she could picture the boy in her mind from Woya's simple description. She thanked the dark cove woman to which she responded "Of course, that's what family does." with a smile.

A moment of silence passed before the creamy Maceio took a step away from her and gave her pelt a good shake. Looking to Moonshadow she asked if the Eastfall woman would like to take a walk with her before turning to the north. With a warm smile, Moonshadow also stood, mimicking her companion's actions. "A walk sounds nice." she smiled stepping in the same direction.

Word Count: 166