(See All?) Announcements
707 Users Online
Google, Sophrosnia, Bing, Aven, Hazelnut

wildwood — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
I'm gonna hold you to it, she told him, and while chuckling Chan had no doubt about it. While his end of the bargain would certainly be upheld, he hoped that nothing else occurred to keep him from coming back to show her that he'd kept his word. That was not a productive matter to worry over, however, and he followed the flow of the conversation the young girl put forth.

Do you know about fighting? Kateri asked, and his initial response was a soft "ehhh," as he needed a moment to think of how to phrase his opinions on conflict.

"I know how to defend myself, mostly. I try not to fight at all, just hunt when I need to eat."
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Promises Kateri knew could be tricky things especially when they involved the unknown. She hoped that making Chan promise to return safe would somehow help him to get back if something happened. The Slayer hoped of course that it didn't come to that. She wanted her uncle to be safe on his travels.

She'd come up with a thought that had now turned into an idea. What if she could learn from her uncle Chan too. Wouldn't that make her a better fighter? So she decided to find out what he might know.

His answer caused her head to tilt to the side in thought. "That's what I'd be doing, learning to defend myself right? Do you think when you come back to visit you could teach me some things?"
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
That's what I'd be doing, learning to defend myself right?

Chan smiled, head canting ever so slightly to the left. He sure hoped so, not that he expected brutal violence from Aleister. He'd just seen first hand, far too many times, how easily things could get out of control, even with the best of intentions.

Do you think when you come back to visit you could teach me some things?

"Sure," he replied, tail wagging behind him.

"I can show you some of the moves I taught yer Uncle Nash. Like how to twist out of someone's grip or how to protect against other animals," his movements matched his word as he put on a little show for the child, twirling as he spoke of shaking a hold and then hunching his back like a shield against an invisible force.

"I'll teach ya a new thing each visit. Our little routine."
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
It was important for Kateri to learn to defend herself and her pack. She cared too much about them to have to sit on the sidelines because she didn't know how to defend them. She was just sad that it would have to wait until her leg was better. She made sure that Chan knew that so that he didn't worry while he was away.

A wide smile crossed her features when he agreed to show her some things about fighting. "It will be fun Uncle Chan and maybe by the time you come back my leg will be all better."

He spoke about some moves that he'd taught Nash she nodded, "I'd like that very much. Maybe they can be the first things you teach me," she said as she watched him display the moves for her. She wished they could start now but Kateri knew it was a bad idea so she followed her uncles moments through the steps of each move.

Chan brought up something that she hadn't even thought of. This time her tail wagged happily behind her, "I think thats a great idea," she exclaimed, "Then I can show you the things I've learned while your away." She was very excited about the prospect of the lessons on each of his returns.

"Uncle Chan, you won't stay away too long will you?"
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
"I sure hope so," he answered with a toothy smile as she spoke of her leg healing. Kateri deserved every advantage, each of Aleister's children did.

"Even if it's not, we'll make it work. There's plenty you can learn even if it isn't."

Then I can show you the things I've learned while your away, she added, and he nodded happily.

"Sounds like a fair trade! It won't be too long. I'll come back to visit before Fall, I promise."
(This post was last modified: Jun 02, 2022, 03:28 AM by Chan.)
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri wanted nothing else more than her leg to be healed completely. Even though she tried to stay optimistic there were days when she believed that it wouldn't ever be as it once was.

Chan was encouraging which brought a smile to the young girls face. "You're right. I'm sure that if it doesn't I can learn to live with it like Oksana does hers, right?" She had to have some kind of hope that it would get better or that her life wouldn't be so hindered because of it.

Her tail thumped the ground when he said she had a fair trade. "Good, I can't wait."
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
I'm sure that if it doesn't I can learn to live with it like Oksana does hers, right?

"Absolutely," Chan answered her, happy that Kateri not only understood the possibility but recognized that if it came to be, she had a wonderful role-model in Oksana. Despite her gait, there was little the raven-furred woman was not capable of, and it would be the same of the young Vuesain as well.

"Alright bug, I need to go do some huntin'. I'll see you in a few hours, okay?"
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri had come to terms with the fact that her leg may never be completely better. It had been necessary but it also hadn't meant that she had given up hope that it would get better. She smiled when her uncle Chan agreed that it was very possible that she could live a normal life despite her leg.

Only time would tell what would happen and as much as she hated the idea of waiting she knew it was necessary.

When Chan announced the had to go do some hunting she was a little disappointed. Still she smiled and nodded, "Maybe when you come back you can tell me a story," she offered before moving to hug her uncle. "Be careful out there," she told as a goodbye.

Fade