672 Users Online
Bing, Google

Guess you weren't expecting me — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
@Modesto This is Sharlee and Modesto's blind date RE

Her paws were finally feeling better after the incident with the rabbit. Sharlee vowed to herself to be more careful next time. Now that she was able to get around much better she'd decided to do some scouting. She wasn't sure what she might find but Mayne she could bring some information back to her brother and Vi. She also didn't expect to be gone too long, maybe a day or two. She kind of hoped she might run into someone new, maybe make a new friend.

Getting out and away from the things that reminded her of what had happened would also give her some time to think. She felt there was still a lot of things that she needed to thunk about after all the conversations she'd had over the past month.

The Valle woman had traveled at least a day and her paws were doing just fine. This made her rather happy since she was tired of just sitting around. She'd traveled through a marshy area which hadn't afford much in the way of good water to drink in her opinion. Going further the scent of more water reached her nose so she decided to check that out. What she found was a lake which was perfect.

Quickly she make her way to the edge and broke her way through the ice so that she could get a drink.
Played by Vami who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
Modesto's life along the banks of the Lagoon was a pleasant one, at least from an outside view of things. Her little portion of this beach was not challenged and Modesto had made herself a den within a certain rock formation. She fished and swam often, she walked along the banks of the large lagoon all around, learning the lay of the land.

Within, Modesto found herself bored- restless. She hunted and explored but the life of a lone wolf was a quiet, lonely and boring one. Modesto, spending all her life in a pack, didn't know exactly what to make of this newfound freedom. Though she was doing well and it showed, life as a rogue was simply not suitable for a woman of her caliber.

What she had not though expected was to find family out here. She had plenty enough times in the marsh- but actually at the lagoon? It was a first and a shame then that the one to come was someone that had dismissed Modesto from their life when Modesto's view did not match their own.

The moment Modesto saw her, she stopped in her tracks, snorted and immediately turned around and began trotting off.
[Image: modesto.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
After her journey the water was cool as it slide down her throat. The iciness of it more refreshing than she'd imagined as she'd stepped up to the waters edge. As she lifted her head to lick the excess from her lips she realized just how hungry she'd become. Food was the next thing on her mind.

Well it had been until she caught movement in her line of sight. It took her only a moment to realize who it was. Are you kidding me? she thought to herself. She growled to herself. Before speaking, "So your going to just skulk away?" She called out to her Aunt.

Really she wasn't that surprised that Modesto would do such a thing. Part of her wondered why she'd ever looked up to the woman in the first place.
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
Modesto should have expected the young woman to call out to her, to try and bait her... When Sharlee did call out, Modesto would paused. Still there a moment as though gathering her thoughts- and she was.

Modesto turned her head round a slender shoulder, looking to Sharlee with disinterest. Acting angered would only allow Sharlee to believe she was getting under Modesto's skin. Modesto would not dwell on things lost to her... but to wash her paws clean and move on.

"I have nothing to say to you." She says simply, calmly and then turns back round again to continue making her exit.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee wasn't surprised at all by Modesto's reaction to seeing her. Turning and running was what she did. Instead of talking it out she threw insults and said horrible things. She walked around with her own agenda and just didn't belong in the backwater.

Despite all of that there had been something on her mind since everything had happend. She'd explained it in her own head but she hadn't heard it from Modesto. She was tired of this question keeping her up at night.

"You might not have anything to say to me but I've got something to say," she returned and only hoped she would get some kind of response. "Why did you say those things? Why did you do it?"
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
Modesto felt like they had already been here once before. Modesto remembered the argument well and yet, her niece still questioned as though she might find some kind of light at the end of the tunnel from all this. It wasn't Modesto's responsibility to make the girl feel better. Not anymore. Not especially now when it was obvious her 'services' were no longer needed.

At first, Modesto stands and doesn't even bother to turn around. "That wasn't much of you to have to say to me. Those were questions. Questions which I'm not inclined to answer." She snorts, a kind of a spat at her in doing so. "You already made yourself perfectly clear on how you now feel about me before you decided to hear my side of things, so why should I waste my time now?" Her head moves around her foreleg, to look at the younger woman coldly.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee was really trying to keep things civil between herself and her aunt. She didn't want to argue with the woman any longer because it wasn't productive. The fact of the matter was that Sharlee wasn't sure she wanted any kind of relationship with her aunt. She still felt Modesto had been very wrong in how the situation had played out and she could tell that most of it had been fueled by her aunt.

Now after everything amd time to think Sharlee had a question she wanted answered. She wanted to be able to understand better. However, Modesto didn't seem to want to cooperate. "So the answer must be something you don't want revealed cause the truth would be worse," she surmised. The Valle woman shrugged, "You're right why should you. I suppose it's too much to ask. I'm Glas it so easy for you to turn your feelings on the matter off."
(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2022, 01:49 AM by Sharlee.)
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
Sharlee quickly thought that whatever truth behind her words she was holding was some kind of 'dirty little secret'. Modesto rolled her eyes to the younger wolf's words. There was nothing secret about Viorel's mother being a whore, really. Surely everyone knew it by now. Just like the decisions which her son had made were definitely not good ones. Modesto didn't know what Sharlee was getting at and now, she didn't care. "I wasn't at all implying that, but your free to make the assumption as you so choose." A roll of her shoulders.

Sharlee was still upset about all this. Seeking meaning and answers where there was nothing much to give. Modesto was unhappy with her home in the bog, could not tolerate the disrespect Viorel have to his ancestors and pretty much thought he was being an idiot with the way he was running things. No secret agenda. After Sharlee had about bit her head off last time they talked without bothering to see Modesto side of things, Modesto now understood Sharlee's connection to others as fickle and childish.

It was too little, too late. Modesto was done.

"Are we done?" Was all she had left for her.

Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee should have expected to be stonewalling. After their last conversation it was pretty clear she wasn't going to get anything out of her aunt. She wasn't going to plead with her anymore. The fact of the matter was Sharlee was done with this. If that was how Modesto wanted to be she could die alone in this bog for all she cared. "Well since you won't talk I suppose that's what I'm left to think." As far as she was concerned Modesto was lying and that was that. She wasn't even surprised by this after all the woman had tried to manipulate everything else.

The young Valle woman sighed. There was nothing left for her in this place. Modesto had made it so when she spoke the horrible things she had. Sharlee had to wonder about how much the woman had actually ever cared for her and her brother if she wasn't willing to talk things out. All that was left to do was to wash her hands of it all and forget the woman.

Modesto spoke again drawing Sharlee's attention back to her, "Yeah whatever." That said she turned and left to return to where she'd come from.

~Sharlee's exit unless stopped.
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
Modesto would listen to the other wolf leave though did not look to her directly as she did so. After some time, the woman would frown. It was hard to loose someone that she had dotted upon when they were growing up and the disappointment left a knot in her gut. Keeping her calm exterior, Modesto staggered on back to her den.