(See All?) Announcements
467 Users Online
Nia, Google, Bing

Everything You Want — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
In the end Kateri supposed it was meant to be her following in her mother's paw prints. Wanting to be a Shaman like her mom. She loved and Adored Aquene and she had a desire to help others. She'd seen her mother help everyone who had gotten hurt by the cougar and the way she'd been able to help her own leg feel better than it had when she'd injured it. She also knew it would bring a smile to her mothers face and after worrying her so badly Kateri wanted to make her smile. She got the smile too when she asked her mom to teach her, "I do want to learn and I want to be as good as you," she told, "And my mama is going to teach me," she added to what Aquene had said, "Its like a circle...or a line," line sounded better cause her mom taught her and now Kateri was getting taught by her mom.

The story her mom told her was a good one and it was very nice to learn about her family. They sounded like really powerful wolves and she wanted to be just like them. She wanted to be good at all the things they were good at. She really was curious to find out they had come from the lore which her mother confirmed. Even more she found out how much more she was like her mom, "Really? I like that we're the same, your papa and my papa. How much more do you and me have the same?" She asked curiously. Kateri couldn't help but feel like she was just like her mama which she loved but she wondered what sorts of things she had in common with her father. "I think I want to learn how to fight too just like grandpa.

Kateri was really concerned about what she could be good at especially now that she hurt her leg. Her mom didn't see it that way because of who her family was she could do anything. "I want to be good at everything maybe you and papa can teach me. Do you think he knows how to fight too?" She wonder what her father knew how to do and what he was good at. Maybe she should have one of these sorts of talks with him too.
(This post was last modified: Feb 03, 2022, 05:23 PM by Kateri.)
Played by Tasha who has 350 posts.
Sanguine Cove III. Shaman
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

She was truly lucky to have such a kind and spirited daughter. Though she often thought to her brother who was denied a life… she was so incredibly thankful that her daughter was the wolf that she was. “You will; I promise.” And she never broke her promises, not on purpose, and certainly not to her own daughter. “It’s a tradition.” She offered, introducing the idea and vocabulary to Kateri in the process. It was one that Aquene would never force on her child, but if they showed interest just as Kateri had, she would also not hesitate to teach them what she knew.

“I can start by teaching you about the herbs I’ve been using to treat your leg, hmmn?” She offered as a sneak peak to her. She had always viewed her family as strong and powerful, just as she saw strength and passion in every wolf she called a packmate now. She was so fortunate. “I bet we have a lot the same… our fur is the same. You get that from me, you know, just like your get your mismatched eyes from your papa.” She offered, ruffling her daughter’s fur for a moment.

It was so uniquely her. She asked about fighting and in that moment her heart seized. She wanted to protect her daughter… and a part of her rationalized that learning to fight would help her protect herself, but part of her knew her daughter. She would fight to defend those who deserved it. It was just who she was. “Your papa is an amazing fighter.” She assured her daughter. “I bet, after your leg heals, if you ask him realllly nicely, he’d teach you everything he knows too.” @Aleister was such a good father, and she doubted he would deny his daughter that.

[Image: jNJyCis.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
For Kateri it was nice to know that she would have a direction to take her life. In a way when she was lost was kind of how she felt before when it came to what she was going to do. Now knowing that one day she would be able to help others like her mother did was like she'd been found all over again. Kateri smiled up at her mother, "I believe you mama," Aquene was like Aleister, they never broke their promises to her. Her mother was yet again helpful in providing the word she was looking for, "Tradition," she repeated just before a confused expression crossed her features, "What is tradition?" She asked so she could understand better. She did understand that it had something to do with what she was trying to get out. Her mother might be able to make it more clear.

The young Slayer nodded, "I think that's a great way to start mama," she exclaimed enthusiastically. "Maybe I can figure out why they taste so bad," she said giggling a little. She knew they were good for her and would help but that didn't change the facts. Then her mother started to list the things that she and Kateri had the same. The dark pup gave an emphatic nod when her mother asked if she knew she'd gotten her dark fur from her mother. "I like that my fur is dark like yours and my eyes are like papa's. I feel like it really shows that I'm part of you and part of him too." The pup felt she'd been lucky to be able to have something on the outside that was her parents. She really did love them both so much. That had only grow much much bigger after she'd been found and knew that they had been looking for her the whole time. Knowing that had only shown her just how much they both lived her.

Kateri knew that she was starting to figure out the kind of wolf she wanted to be. She'd already made the first steps in helping others by asking her mother to teach her about healing. She knew that being able to fight was another way she could help others but she needed to know how. So when Aquene mentioned that her father was an amazing fighter her eyes lit up. It was so perfect, her mom could teach her about healing and her dad could teach her how to fight. It was really the best of both worlds. "I'll ask him real nice mama. I'm sure I won't get hurt cause papa wouldn't let that happen," she assured excitedly, "After my leg is better, I promise," she added so that her mother wouldn't worry.
Aquene Slayer

But I put it out of my mind Long enough to call it courage To live without a lifeline

Tradition. It was a question asked and something that she did not entirely know how to explain. “It’s something that happens, something that gets passed down from parent to child, like from me to you, and my mom to me.” She figured it was a good enough explanation for their purposes. She chuckled softly at the mention of them tasting bad. It was true, some of them tasted so bad. She nuzzled her daughter lightly at the statement her daughter made. “I like that too. I like that you like it too.” She was so grateful for who her daughter was.

Truly, Kateri was the best thing to ever happen to her. She certainly had not been expected; she had not sought to bear children last spring, but it had happened and words could simply not clarify just how grateful she was for how amazing her daughter was. She was kind, and fierce, and loving… it reminded her much of her mom. She saw hints of her mom in her daughter and it warmed her heart. In her mind, it was her mother looking down and watching over them, and a way for her to tell her that she was going to be okay.

She smiled widely at her when she said she would ask him really nice. “I bet if you asked him with a ‘pretty pretty please’ there is no way he could say no.” She offered with a conspiratorial wink in her daughter’s direction. “I know your papa won’t let you get hurt; he’ll make sure you can handle anything that comes after you.” She trusted Aleister unconditionally with their daughter. He was an amazing father. “After your leg is better; for now, you can learn healing from me… maybe you can take over your own treatment a little bit, hmm?” She posed.

Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Tradition was a word that Kateri hadn't heard until then. It made her wonder what her mother meant by it. So she listened well as Aquene explained it to her. The way that she did clicked in the young girls mind. "Maybe I can pass it down to my daughter one day if I have one." That would be cool if she could but she understood that it would have to be something her daughter wanted to do. It didn't bother Kateri how she looked with her two different eyes and all black coat. She was proud actually cause she had a little of both her parents who she loved and looked up to. Kateri returned her mother's nuzzle by rubbing her cheek against Aquene's. "Sometimes, I feel like I got lucky that way," she admitted, "I'm glad you like it too," she added. She was also glad that her parents got along even if they weren't together. It didn't really matter to her as long as she could have them both with her.

As a pup she'd never really realized that a mom and a dad were supposed to be together. She just knew that she had both her parents and maybe she had thought that, she couldn't really remember. Now as she sat there curled up with her mom she knew that she was loved by both and that they were happy as friends. As long as her mom was happy she was happy too cause she didn't want Aquene to be sad ever.

The Slayer girl was seriously considering asking her father to teach her how to fight. Then she could learn something special from both her parents. There was the asking part though and to get through that her mother suggested using pretty, pretty please. Kateri thought this through and nodded, "I will ask him just like that and maybe make that face that will make it impossible for him to say no." She giggled then cause it was fun doing this with her mom. On a more serious note Aquene confirmed that she knew Aleister wouldn't let anything bad happen to her. "He's a good papa," Kateri stated, "I'm glad I got him. Maybe I should tell him that, I think he would like to know." She gave a sharp nod as though it was settled. "Yes, there's lots to learn isn't there? I'm sure I can do it though and then I can help you more when our packmates get hurt or sick." Her eyes widened when Aquene suggested that maybe she could take her own treatments over a little. Her eyes widened at that, she couldn't believe her mother woukdbsuggest that, "I'd really like that mama, that's a good way to learn".
"
Aquene Slayer
Wanna fade this and get a newer more recent one going?

Aquene’s gaze softened at the statement and she nodded. “Yes, if she wants to learn.” She clarified, hoping to instill that it was a choice for each individual wolf to make now rather than having to explain such concepts later. She was so lucky to have her as a daughter… so kind and intelligent but fierce at the same time. She had truly inherited the best from both of them.

Sure, they weren’t exactly a nuclear family… but what did it really matter? They did a fine job co-parenting. She chuckled at her daughter’s words. “Ah, a strategist, I think battle will come naturally to you if you create plans like that.” She offered conspiratorially because she was sometimes too smart for her own good. “He is a very good Papa and there is much to learn.” She agreed with her in both regards. “You can do it, it just takes time and patience… kind of like healing your leg. It’s not all something that you can learn in a day or a week.” She didn’t want her to get too disheartened if she didn’t grasp everything at once all the time.

“Good, why don’t we get you back to the den then, hmm?” She posed, nudging her daughter with her nose once more.

Aquene Slayer
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Her mother made a very good point about if Kateri had a daughter. That she might not want to be a healer. She looked into her mother's eyes and knew that had she not made the decision to be a healer her mom would have been alright with it. "Then I will have to support her in whatever she chooses to do like I know you would have for me." That was something Kateri was sure of just like she was of her mother's love. She felt lucky to have her mom. Her thoughts went to her brothers and sister and how theirs was gone. She wished she could do something for them to make it better but she knew there wasn't anything that could.

The girl laughed a little. "Maybe that's not such a bad thing," she commented mischievously, "It will be how I protect us all." She wanted nothing more than to keep her family safe and maybe a little practice on her father wouldn't hurt. Aquene spike of time and patience in order to learn what she wanted to learn. How it was like her leg, Kateri frowned at the offending appendage. "Well, if I can get through it healing I can get through that too." She'd certainly had to put her patience to the test.

FADE
(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2022, 03:57 PM by Kateri.)