(See All?) Announcements
510 Users Online
Google, Bing

beegone satan — Fool's Gold Chasm 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 178 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne
@Leviticus -- Rhaegara, during your dig you uncovered a fallen --and active-- bee's nest. They're not happy! I hope you appreciate my thread title, that is all.

Rhaegara had been on edge ever since realizing that she was once again pregnant. She could only imagine what that would do to the leader’s fiery temper that he had shown at the borders. It was going to take time for her anger with her friend to dissipate. Were they even still friends anymore? Could they be friends if she didn’t feel that he respected her? She didn’t know, and thinking about it simply made her angry… therefore she was not going to press the issue.

She was moving towards a cache to collect a meal after having done a border patrol when she saw it, hearing the buzz as her eyes widened. That didn’t sound good at all, and before she knew it… bees. There were bees everywhere and they were not pleased with her presence near their fallen nest. She cursed, using her paw to swat them away as she backed up, her tail lashing as the assault continued. This couldn’t be good for the babies.

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 187 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Leviticus had noticed the changes in Rhaegara's scent, and began preparing accordingly. Additional nutrition would help with the prenatal growth, and the delivery itself always had the potential to be a harrowing experience. He needed to be ready to do whatever was needed of him to keep his pack mate and her developing children healthy and safe.

Coming across the woman herself had been accidental in the moment, but Levi had also been trying to be more social. More like his old self. He followed the signs of her presence, and his mossy eyes shot open wide when not only her, but the swarm of insects attacking her came into focus. He shouted the first thing that came to mind while leaping to join her.

"Run!"

He would too, but only if she did.
[Image: qfzMxz5.png]
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne

Leviticus was the enigma to her. She had never truly conversed with the man though she knew he was taking the role of medic within the pack, a role desperately needed after Riven’s disappearance some time ago. One never knew when disaster might strike, and the idea of bearing more children without some kind of caring paw made her nervous. She was glad the man was around, even if he seemed to annoy the shit out of Woya.

Run. She heard the command and did not question it because the insects only grew more aggressive, hurdling herself towards the man and straight past him. She had been stung quite a few times, soreness already seeping into her muscles along with the stinging pain associated with the blasted buzzing creatures that had decided to launch an assault against her. “Run to where?” The buzzing told her the bees were still following.

Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Leviticus was relieved that she heeded the advice, and spun to follow right after her. The swarm targeted him as well, but with far less aggressive insistence. It was certainly ignorable in the moment, with adrenaline coursing through his veins. He didn't want anything bad to happen to Rhaegara, and shocks of any nature could trigger a miscarriage...

His ears twitched forward as her voice blew back toward him.

"Straight, until they're gone!" was the best answer he could give in the moment, lungs and muscles alike working hard to keep up the pace, especially with the well-exercised woman. The insects would not completely abandon their home and give up once far enough, but he couldn't know what distance that would be.

One stung the thin flesh just under his right eye, eliciting a soft yelp of pain. He momentarily slowed, hindered by the instinctive urge to swipe at the afflicted cheek, but promptly abandoned the pursuit and poured everything he had into catching back up to Rhaegara.
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne

Straight until their gone. She pushed herself more as determination coursed through her veins. Her heart felt like it might beat out of her chest and the adrenaline started to course through her which kept the panic and fear out of her for the moment. She heard the yip of pain and turned her head, seeing how he slowed before he pushed to catch back up with her.

Once they had crossed a fairly formidable distance, the buzzing she associated with the cursed creatures started to fade away. It was then that she started to slow down, panting as she fought to force air into her lungs. She’d not had to run like that in quite some time. “Thank you… I don’t know why those things were so pissed off. It's not like I knocked their nest down.”

Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
He didn't begin to slow until she had, for it was her who's safety was a priority. When at last they could stop and breathe, he did so by panting, thoroughly winded. It was rare he had to run like that.

"Eh," he finally managed in response after a few gulps of air, "guess they were... too upset to... care."

While he wouldn't go around hurting others, he could try to imagine how scared and frustrated the poor insects had been to have their whole world collapsed like that.

"How're you feeling, any cramping? I've got a... cache nearby, I can um... whip you up a salve, draw those stingers out."
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne

Too upset to care. That was certainly something that Rhaegara had come to understand. She knew that feeling to say the least. “I guess I can understand that.” She half mumbled in response to his statement. She knew what it was like to lose your home and have it be beyond your control after all.

At the mention of cramping she shook her head. “I think the little ones are fine.” She confirmed softly before she offered another nod. “That sounds lovely, Leviticus… a few of the bastards got me good.” Particularly near her shoulder blades, close enough to a bundle of nerves to cause her quite the irritation.

Inactive No Rank
Leviticus Armstead
Levi couldn't help a soft sigh of relief as Rhaegara assured him her unborn children were fine. Worry still resided just under the surface of his being, but it likely always would so long as he held the post of pack medic. Already he watched her closely, but he would be especially mindful over the next few days to make sure there was no lasting mal-impact from the event. Smiling encouragingly, he gave a nod of his head to indicate direction after she agreed.

"I'm sorry," was his instinctual response, striving to show empathy as he jogged to lead the way, "at least y'don't have an allergy. I saw a wolf's paw get as big as a bear's 'cause'a swelling."

It had been a little horrific, actually, and he'd also started wheezing. In the end he'd been alright, but who knew how bad it would get if he ever got stung again? They'd been told it could kill, and he hoped he never was able to confirm that being true.
Inactive Deceased
Rhaegara Rayvne

His apology was met with a light huff of dismissal. It was not the man’s fault that the bees had a stick up their stingers… at the mention of an allergy, there was confusion. “What is an allergy? And why does it cause a wolf to swell to such obnoxious sizes?” She asked with her confusion inflected in her tone as well as on her face. She did not understand, but she did find herself wanting to understand.

Still, she followed along his side, just a pace or so behind him as he guided her to wherever this mystical salve that would help remove the bee’s asses from her pelt were.