558 Users Online
Google, Bing

Dawning Something or Other — White Fir Notch 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ozreus who has 13 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Doon Ironwood
Dawn|No wind|Overcast|@Amondi
It'd been a couple days since Doon had left the bend in the river. The snow he'd encountered didn't bode well for a crossing of the mountains, especially with his inexperience of the stuff so Doon had opted for a more circuitous route south around what he took for the northern edge of the imposing mountain range. The first day after leaving the river he was wondering if he'd have to cross the mountains after all as they didn't seem to be fading into hills any time soon. Eventually, to Doon's immense relief, the mountains shortened in height and finally became something manageable even with what snow there was to be found. Crossing a few more rivers, some smaller streams frozen over completely in some places, Doon found himself near a medium sized body of water, Water just everywhere ain't it? Wish pa could see it all, would hide me fiercely thinkin' I was tellin' tales. Doon chuckled to himself at the thought. Through sheer serendipity Doon discovered an abandoned bear cave where he spent the night.

Dawn came grey and gloomy and cold. Despite being protected from the worst of it, the cold still made considerable parts of the den chilly. Doon groggily walked toward the exit on cold-stiff legs, making his way out into the gloom he began to stretch and yawned widely once or twice as he got his bearings. Through the trees Doon could make out portions of the imposing mountain range he'd gone around, taking a moment to determine south using them as a guide he made his way in that general direction.

Stepping on a hidden patch of ice though soon sent him tumbling down a short hill, all paws flailing and tossing up snow, and his heart sank as he caught a glimpse of a wolf in his path. Opening his mouth to shout a quick warning it quickly filled with snow as he tumbled through a drift, bounced off snow-covered stump and ploughed into the wolf. Righting himself quickly Doon immediately checked on who he'd run into, "Right sorry 'bout that! Damn ice hidin' beneath the snow, you alright?"
(This post was last modified: Feb 02, 2022, 08:33 PM by Doon. Edit Reason: clarity )
Speech,Thoughts. Feel free to give me a friendly reminder/bump if I've forgotten to post or a plot we've talked about!
DMs are always open.
Played by Arya who has 20 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Amondi Valle

It's been months since she had lost him in the storm, having nightmares of his body disappearing in the snowstorm and no matter how hard she screamed his name, he couldn't hear her. Each night she woke up in a fright, with the pain of the cold biting against her sides where he would have been there keeping her warm. The loneliness was deteriorating her health as she struggled to catch prey on her own with winter's grasp around the land making the easiest prey difficult to catch. Though her winter coat was plush enough to hide the edges that protruded from her form, the sounds of her stomach's emptiness couldn't be hidden as her body groaned and gurgled at the thought of food.

Amondi wasn't even sure where she was as she was wondering at this point, hoping to make it to the place her and Rochus had first reunited after being separated. Perhaps, he went back there hoping she would too. But she couldn't exactly remember where that was... As she was pondering which way to go, something— someone ploughed straight into her, knocking her normally sturdy frame right into the snow. Golden eyes peered down upon her, and the breath was stolen from her lungs, "Rochus?"

(This post was last modified: Feb 03, 2022, 04:35 AM by Amondi.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Vultures are circling something out of sight. Hunt Opportunity! +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Doon Ironwood
Doon chuckled a bit, the woman he'd knocked over seemed as if she'd be ok, "No ma'am, I ain't Rochus. Name's Doon and I sure am sorry again about plowing into you like that. I'm just wantin' to be sure you're ok." Physically she seemed fine and the snow was good for softening falls Doon had to admit, even if he felt it was good for little else, but Doon wanted to be sure he wasn't missing something in case the woman needed help.

Dipping his head slightly Doon began looking for any signs of obvious injury, "This Rochus you mistook me for before, he waitin' on you somewhere? He your husband?" Doon was hoping that, in case something was wrong, there was additional help nearby even if he got chewed up good by the husband help was help. Satisfied with not finding anything obviously wrong Doon turned his eyes and attention back toward the dark woman in anticipation of her answers. Whether he's her husband or not sure hopin' this Rochus is an understanding fella.
Speech,Thoughts. Feel free to give me a friendly reminder/bump if I've forgotten to post or a plot we've talked about!
DMs are always open.
Inactive No Rank
Amondi Valle

She must have been delirious to think this man had been Rochus, though they had a few uncanny similarities in their features, but as soon as Amondi heard his accent, she knew he wasn't the man she had been searching for. "Yeah, sorry I'm okay," she answered softly, her dandelion gaze falling down to the ground as she steadied herself back onto all four legs. A few places were already starting to feel sore, but the Valle wasn't going to admit that to the stranger. She wouldn't want him feeling bad for running her over.

His gaze lingered upon her frame as if he was inspecting her and she couldn't help the urge to fold in upon herself self-consciously, making herself smaller and hiding any protruding features in her frame. Shame seemed to wash over her, but his next question distracted her from dwelling upon that feeling. "Ah— yes he's my husband. We, ah— I got separated from him a few months ago in a snowstorm and I haven't been able to find him," she answered quietly, her dandelion gaze looking up to his face this time instead of the ground. Maybe he's seen him?

"He looks much like you actually," she replied. "Perhaps you may have seen him?" It was a long shot, but she had to try.

(This post was last modified: Feb 04, 2022, 02:41 AM by Amondi.)
Inactive No Rank
Doon Ironwood
Doon grinned at the woman's apology, reassuringly he said, "Ain't no cause for you to be sayin' sorry ma'am." before letting her continue. Doon's attention also seemed to make her uncomfortable so, seeing as there was no serious injury, Doon resumed casually examining his surroundings and turning toward her partly when she spoke.

Doon nodded his head at her story, until the part of losing him in a snowstorm drove a spike of unanticipated emotion so near home it may have pierced his heart. His own sister he'd lost in a sandstorm, Doon and this woman shared such a tragedy and so close in effect it shouldn't have surprised Doon that he'd have the reaction he did. Immediately tearing up Doon replied around the lump forming in his throat, "Ahhh, I'm sorry ma'am I uhhh ain't seen him. I really am sorry, I wish I could say I had." Doon wasn't even sure where to help this woman now, it would've been so much easier if he had accidentally injured her in his fall, at least it was just a matter of healing. Offering to help find her husband seemed so hollow when he himself had been looking for his sister for how long now?

"I can for sure keep my eyes out for him, you thinkin' he's still somewhere about this area? How long back you lose each other?" Having gained some control back over his emotions his offer sounded less choked than his apologies had, though that lump was still there. It was also the safest thing he felt he could offer as far as help, the revelation that this wolf and himself shared such a tragedy had rocked core and, still not having found his sister, didn't feel like he could do more than he'd offered.
DMs are always open.
Inactive No Rank
Amondi Valle

His reassuring grin could only lift her ebony lips a fraction, but it was the first time in a while since she's been close to even smiling. Amondi was relieved this male was polite and courteous enough to make sure she was alright. Better than most wolves she has run into recently, even though he ran her over.

Noticing the emotion that flooded over Doon, she couldn't help but stare at his face was his tears welled up in his eyes. Wondering to herself what about her losing her husband in a snowstorm could have prompted such emotion from a stranger. Perhaps he was a huge empath and felt the pain of other so strongly, but she figured that had to be farfetched. Maybe he lost someone like that too, but before she had the moment to ask, he told her he hadn't seen Rochus anywhere, but wish that he had. Nodding briefly as her gaze fell to the ground again in somber defeat.

"I don't know where else he could be. I searched all around where I lost him and decided to try back here as we were here together last year in the springtime. I'm hoping he found his way back here." She stated, her dandelion gaze looking to him once again. "I got separated from him a few months ago." She didn't know how much longer she could go on like this. Having grown up among family all her life, her mate by her side for years, but Amondi had been kidnapped from them and dumped in this strange land where she has tried for over a year to get back to them to no avail. Losing her family, her unborn child, and now her mate, Amondi didn't know how to keep going.

"Would you mind if I accompany you in your travels?" She asked tentatively, as her gaze looked to him cautiously. "I'm tired of being alone." Amondi admitted softly, and she couldn't help the fall of her dandelion gaze as she contemplated her next move. She very much couldn't keep looking for her family her state, though she was not going to abandon her efforts of finding them, Amondi simply needed to rest up and bulk back up again before continuing her search for them. And she hoped perhaps Doon would be able to help her in that endeavor.

But as soon as she asked the question, Doon took his leave, prompting a wave of sadness to wash over the Valle as yet again she was left alone. Loneliness stabbed her heart as she turned to head in the other direction and find shelter for the night ahead.

FADE
(This post was last modified: Mar 30, 2022, 03:40 PM by Amondi. Edit Reason: Doon went inactive )