(See All?) Announcements
494 Users Online
Bing, Google, Anatole

what lies ahead — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Molo who has 474 posts.
Paradise Falls XIII. Subordinate
Jethrᴏ Kane
It was the first time he’d ever set out to find the cove’s current leader, and instead of getting to know the man as Jet had expected he’d want to do, it was to tell him something else. Jethro did not know Aleister very well, but when he had first been planning this conversation, he hadn’t really been anticipating something bad. He still did not think things would go poorly, although.. it was possible the other would be less than pleased to hear about two of his pack members departing.

So, he hoped to break that as tactfully and respectfully as possible. Jethro hadn’t been given any reason to dislike Al to this point, and he hoped that remained true after this meeting. With Siyet by his side, rather than wasting time looking for the man, Jet let out a short call.

We'd like to talk. Not urgent, when you’re free.

From what he did know of Aleister, the alpha was quite likely busy with his kids or family. And though this was important, it was not something that needed to be rushed. With a slight smile directed at Siyet, he sat back. ”Now we wait,” he murmured.

for @Siyet and @Aleister - time to converse!
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

Getting used to the idea of his children gone away from his sight was hard to get used to after spending so much time looking after them and having them gone was abnormal for the Vuesain. He couldn't stop the subtle routine of counting each one of them before nightfall to ensure they were safe within the den or the countless times he would check up on them daily to make sure they were all keeping themselves out of trouble. So, with them gone to the Backwater, the leader had more time on his paws.

Aleister was still coping with the fact Chan had left the Cove to find his own journey, though Aleister would always allow freedom to take precedence in all of his friend's lives, he couldn't help but feel a little empty without his lookalike nearby. Deep down, perhaps Aleister knew this was always going to happen, Chan leaving to discover new things for himself, but it didn't make him feel any better. He knew the Eastfall would visit, but it wasn't like it was going to be the same as it was before with him always around to chat or to help with anything the pack needed. Aleister hoped the man would find what he was looking for, whatever it was that was waiting for him.

The Vuesain had just returned from a short patrol when the voice of Jethro called out to him. 'We'd like to talk.' Aleister couldn't help the interest that flushed through him as he wondered who else was with the dark man. Arriving quickly, it didn't long for him to figure out the we in this situation. Siyet was alongside Jethro as he approached the pair, the agouti man slid a soft smile upon his ebony lips. "Jethro, Siyet," he greeted each of them with a nod in their direction, "what can I help you two with?"

(This post was last modified: Feb 28, 2022, 02:35 AM by Aleister.)
[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Played by Nyan who has 186 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet was with Jethro, waiting for the leader of the pack. She couldn't help but think of the few interactions she had with him. How she had been right that there was something between him and Oksana. She sincerely hoped that patriarch didn't feel disdain towards Jet and her's decision to leave.

It wasn't long before Aleister showed up. He had a soft smile of his face, and she feared that the smile would soon disappear.

" Hello Aleister, thanks for coming. Uhm...Jethro and I have some important things to bring up to you and talk to you about. I'll let Jethro explain it."

She then turned her attention to Jethro, wondering how he would explain what it was he intended to do, and how Siyet would be involved.
Jethrᴏ Kane
The man in question was quite quick to respond, greeting he and Siyet with a kindly smile, and a respectful nod. Jethro returned the nod, sincerely hoping they could maintain those two things, after this. It was truly regrettable to Jet, that it had taken him so long to have any meaningful interaction with Aleister, and a part of him wished he’d had the opportunity to get to know the other man better, before springing this on him.

Although.. maybe the fact that they weren’t particularly close, would make this easier, in a way. Siyet spoke up first, though she did not elaborate too much on their plans. She did, however, offer the dark one a few more moments to contemplate his approach. So, here it went.

”It is important. But first I.. wanna thank you for letting me stay here, giving me a home. Before this, I came from.. a bad place, an’ a family that didn’t want me. You, and this pack.. were the first folks to ever accept me. You all showed me what real kindness and caring looked like. And that example is something I wanna try to expand and pass on, for others that could use or need it - and to prove to myself that I can be something. By hopefully.. leadin’ my own group, if it works out.” Unlike he had with Siyet, starting with the thanks and explanation first seemed like a more tactful approach.

But, Jethro also didn’t want to understate the true gratitude he felt to the wolves of the cove by not leading with that, either. True to what he'd said, his stay, and interactions with the various residents of the cove had been impactful. Something he'd remember, and be thankful to have experienced, forever.

With a glance toward Siyet, Jet flashed the other man a small grin, unable to contain the excitement. ”Siyet has decided she wants to be a part of it, too. So, all this is to say.. we’re gonna be leaving, to pursue that. If you think the cove can get through the rest of the colder season without us, we’ll probably head out in a couple weeks. But I.. don’t wanna leave too soon, if it puts you, or the pack in a bad spot, either. We’ll stay as long as you need us.” The timeframe was what was up for debate at this point, within reason. Jet was eager to venture beyond the mountain, to explore more areas, and meet others. To really get to work on this goal. But, he did not want it to have negative consequences for Aleister or the pack, if they left too soon, before the arrival of the warmer seasons.

Which was something he was sure Siyet would agree with, too. Neither of them would want that. So the timeframe was something he would defer to the elder man’s judgment on.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

Siyet was the first to speak, though she going to leave the bulk of the explaining to Jethro which prompted a raised brow in the male's direction. His mind wandered on ideas of what they are wishing to speak to him about, but the Vuesain kept his attention on the duo as he waited for the darker man to discuss what he needed to with him.

Letting the man speak his full, he couldn't help the gentle smile that lingered on his lips. Aleister could tell how much this plan meant to the man as he smiled continuing on to tell the Vuesain that they could wait if he needed them to.

"I am happy you have found our pack's philosophy worthy of continuing and passing on, my parents would be proud of this moment." He started with a soft smile as his mismatched gaze looked upon the pair. "But what I value most even above the Cove is freedom. You are all free to choose what to do with your lives and I would never want this place to hold you back. I do want to thank you for telling me first before leaving. The Cove will do fine, you don't have to worry." They had many allies if they needed it.

"Do you know where you will go yet?" The Vuesain asked, generally curious as to if the pair plan to stay within the Lore or travel abroad.

Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
As Jethro explained the play to the pack leader, Siyet could tell that he wasn't exactly too happy about more members leaving. But his words seemed very positive about the whole thing. Siyet was relieved that Aleister landed on the philosophy of freedom, and this made Siyet feel more and more that spreading this kind of idea was the right thing to do.

In regards to his question, Siyet wasn't entirely sure where they would be going. Other than in and around the cove, she had only been lost wondering and wasn't sure where they could reach others with their ideas.

" I personally don't know, but I figured Jethro had an idea and where he goes, I go."

She shot Jethro a glance, one that showed that she would have his back no matter what.
Jethrᴏ Kane
A small smile had formed upon the countenance of the cove’s alpha, and as he began to speak, Jethro found himself blowing out a silent sigh of relief. As had become all too common here, it seemed he’d been foolish to even concern himself with thoughts about how this might go poorly. And in his speech, Aleister elaborated on another value that Jet took note of - freedom and personal choice, and that he’d not hold them back. The dark one listened keenly, though he allowed his eyes to close for a time, to process it all.

But he’d also touched on something else that had inspired Jet. He did not know what it would be like to have parents that were proud, and hopefully, he could target others like himself. Others that, for whatever reason, did not have family or anyone to support them - and just wanted a place to belong. He did not begrudge the feeling, though. It had taken this family to inspire such a thing in Jet, to prove that it was actually real, and could work. A part of Aleister’s family legacy would be passed on in Jet’s journey, and that was something the other man and his family deserved to be proud of.

Thank you. That means.. so much.” Jet breathed, providing the elder man with another nod, with a greater sense of respect than before. ”If we do succeed, I hope we could remain friends, and in touch.” He had varying degrees of connection with the wolves here, but Jet considered them all friends. And there was a part of him that wouldn’t be able to rest, without checking on them.

Provided that the eventual answer to Aleister's last question did not carry he and Siyet too far away. ”I don’t know yet, either. Whatever feels right, maybe. Think I’d like to start by going north.” There was so much to see and explore, and settling in somewhere wasn’t a decision he intended to rush. They had quite a long time to figure it out.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

His words seemed to be a relief to the dark cloaked male, which Aleister understood as many of those that were in his position did not carry his same beliefs and in turn would not approve of this. However, the Vuesain was thankful in this moment that he was in the position that he was as there were many that needed a place to get back onto their feet and have themselves inspired to spread the same kindness and beliefs him and his family has created within the Cove. This was just the next step for Jethro and Siyet as they have now outgrown the Cove and are onto their next journey, which in turn is leaving room for others that may need the Cove in their own way.

Nodding his head at his thanks, the agouti male was silent as Jethro continued. "Of course, we will always be here whenever you may need us." Aleister was happy to see he wanted to keep in touch and the leader in him would always want to have as many allies out in the lands as possible. "The north is good territory, just send word whenever you have settled.

Inactive No Rank
Siyet Crym
Siyet couldn't help but wag her tail at the leaders words. It was refreshing that he was so supportive of their endeavors. She looked at Jethro with a smile then back at their leader. She was gladdened that he was so accepting, and even willing to want to maintain communication and support them.

"Thank you so much Aleister. I know I really appreciate it. We will definitely not forget the cove and will remain strong friends and allies, and hope to be back someday to see how everyone is doing."

She thought about the future and what it would bring and was hopeful that good things would be coming her, and Jethro's way with this adventure. She thought about all the good that they could bring to the world, and how the Cove would develop overtime. Her smile grew even bigger, and her tail wagged even more.

~~~~~Fade
(This post was last modified: Mar 19, 2022, 06:53 PM by Siyet.)
Jethrᴏ Kane
The cove leader agreed as well to remain in touch with them, stating the cove would be here if they needed it. That was the last thing Jet could have hoped for, and with that cleared, it finally felt as if he were truly free now to begin this adventure in full. Aleister offered one more thing for them, though - a rather credible sounding claim that the north was good territory. That was good to know, and it was definitely where he’d want to start, then.

Siyet summed up just about anything he could have wanted to say after that, offering Al a personal thank you, and affirming they would not forget the cove. With a glance and a smile towards her, Jet nodded in agreement to her words. ”We certainly will. Good luck to you all, too.”

He was not that familiar with Al, but Jet found himself reaching out anyway, to touch the tip of his nose to the underside of the other man’s chin. A final signal of respect and gratitude, before they would part ways.

-think we’re good to fade on this round, and thanks for the thread :)