(See All?) Announcements
332 Users Online
Google, Bing

disquiet — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Molo who has 154 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alarick
AW RE for anyone - Alarick, a baby bird has imprinted on you!

”Al? Where are you?”

“Here, Kas! I’m here!” He called back, but somehow, his sibling did not hear him, in spite of the fact that she was mere steps away. Alarick resolved to chase her, but just before he was close enough to touch her, she vanished.

“Kas? KAS!” Suddenly, the world around him transformed into something entirely different than what he’d known. He was stuck in a small, cramped box. Surrounded by scents, lights, sounds, and creatures he had never seen before. Fear overtook him, and he closed his eyes, but that did not stop the torturous sensory overload he was being subjected to.

But he heard her voice again. “Al? Where are you? We miss you. If you can hear me, wherever you are, come home.”

….

He suddenly sat upright, eyes snapping open and as he took in a sharp breath. Slowly, the visions of the dream faded, as he looked around, and recognized his surroundings. Beneath the very tree he had chosen as his resting spot, within the comfortable territory of the Ridge. The despairing words of his sibling echoed in his ears, and his head lowered. ”I wish I could, Kas.”

A tiny flicker of movement distracted him from his mourning, though. Picking his head up, amber eyes rested upon the tiniest of creatures, nestled in between the grass and tree roots, beside him. Not even the size of his paw, the baby sparrow stared up at him curiously.

”...oh? Where is your nest? And your mother?” He spoke gently, knowing full it could not understand him. Curiously, the tawny man turned his gaze upward, searching the branches in the tree above for any sign of a place the baby might have come from.

But there was nothing in his immediate vicinity. And that concerned him. As he advanced a couple of steps forth, the baby squeaked, the noise tiny and helpless, as it tried to follow him. Absent any plan at the moment, he settled back down beside the creature and let it tuck into his chest fur for warmth, searching his mind for a possible solution to this dilemma.