(See All?) Announcements
548 Users Online
Google, Vili, Bing, Sophrosnia

A fine and private place — Firefly Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 58 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Reika Archer
When she woke up that morning Reika rose to see the sun just coming up. Rising to her feet she shook the cold off before stretching out her limbs. It was time to find breakfast for her and Colette. She'd been caring for the older woman for a couple weeks now and the young Archer thought it had made some difference. She was optimistic about home things would turn out.

Setting off through the snow that had yet to melt away and give risen to the spring grass she began her search. A nice rabbit trail would be ideal. Her paws crunched in the hardened snow. Her thoughts were with spring that morning having been told how beautiful the lore was in the spring she was eager to see it.

During her travels she didn't find a rabbit trail. Instead she found a forested place with large trees. Fog had filled the open spaces between them. As the rising sun filled the area it gave a dream-like feeling. For a moment Reika stood in wonder, she'd never seen anything like it before.
Played by Molo who has 135 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Colette
The guilt, sadness, and regret she carried around had only compounded since her meeting with him. In the moment, the ghost hadn’t been sure what to do. She still wasn’t sure what she would have done, if time were to somehow rewind and allow her to have that conversation over again. She did know what she would not have said and done, though. It was heartwrenching to consider the hurt it must’ve caused him.

But Colette could not afford to let that show, either. It was yet another burden she’d have to carry, to hide from her younger companion. Especially if she wanted the kid to eventually wander off and have any kind of a decent life. Her thoughts seemed to differ from her actions, though, for the ghost found herself trailing the kid into the forest.

Despite how much she hated forests, Colette didn’t want to leave Reika alone or let her wander too far, either. So she followed at a safe distance, far enough back not to intrude on the kid’s business if she happened to be doing something or meeting someone specific. But not so far as to be out of range. Just in case.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Reika Archer
The sun climbed further into the sky as the day wore on. Reika hadn't moved from the place she'd been in when she'd first realized just how amazing the place was. She knew that she would have to get going soon. The fog had started to disappate the higher in the sky it rose. The smoky Archer thought to herself that Colette should be there to see it. That maybe she would see that life still had some beautiful things in it.

Finally Reika rose and turned from the sun. It was time for her to get back to her exploring. After seeing what she had she couldn't help but wonder if there were any other sights like that. The kind that took her breath away. She couldn't remember her father ever telling her about such a place. The only thing she could figure was that he and uncle Judas hadn't ever found it.

Reika made her way through the trees keeping a watch out for movement. Just because she was out exploring didn't
(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2022, 01:55 AM by Reika.)
Inactive No Rank
Colette
The pressing thought of having to tell the kid she’d be leaving, and might not be coming back, also weighed heavily on the ghost’s mind. Colette hoped beyond hope that she could think of a way to have that conversation without the kid asking too many questions of her. And even more so, she hoped that she could leave Reika in a safe place, in case something did happen.

She was sure the young woman could handle herself. But it would be nice to know she’d made other, decent friends, that were actually good and could be relied upon. Maybe, though, as long as she made sure Chan returned, he could look out for her. He would be far better suited for that sort of a role, anyway. Perhaps someone that could actually help Reika stay on a good path.

Shaking the thoughts away for the moment, Colette let her good eye scan the forest around her. It was entirely too thick. There was an irritating fog lingering in the air, and not all that much light. The ghost chuffed in surprise as she nearly tripped on a root, and once she caught her balance, and turned back to glare at the offending tree root.

”Fuck you, too. This is why I hate forests..” she cursed at it, despite the fact that it’d been her clumsiness that’d been the cause of the incident.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Reika Archer
It was quiet in the forest except for the the few birds chirping in the tops of the trees. Reika was beginning to think that perhaps hunting in that forest wasn't such a good idea. She didn't want to disturb the peacefulness of it. She wound her way through the trees occasionally stopping to investigate them as she went. Perhaps she'd find a scent worth following.

The smoky Archer wondered as she explored the forest if it might be a good place for her and Colette to settle. It would only be for a few days but she thought the quiet might do the older woman some good. She'd of course have to convince her companion first. She felt it would provide them a lot more protection than the flat terrain of the lowlands.

Reika stopped mid stride when she heard the sound. It was actually more like a voice and the words that it spoke were ones that weren't very pleasant. She looked around her at first to see if anyone was around. Though as she thought more about it she realized she knew the voice quite well. Reika'd had no idea that Colette was there.

"I heard you Colette. Where are you?" She called out to the woman. She really hoped she'd get a reply cause now she was a little worried. She didn't think her friend should be about in her condition.
(This post was last modified: Apr 03, 2022, 03:12 AM by Reika.)
Inactive No Rank
Colette
In response to her own less than pleasant commentary, another voice echoed out to her from the stifling forest. For the briefest of moments Colette wondered if maybe the trees had somehow developed an ability to speak, but then she realized she knew that voice. It was Reika’s. She hadn’t realized she had managed to get that close to the kid. With one final glare at the tree root, the ghost turned about, beginning to pick her way toward where she thought she had heard Reika call from.

”Over here,” Colette called back indignantly, a bit irritated that she could not provide better directions because everything in this forest looked the fucking same. What else could she say? By this giant tree - when there were dozens of them in this forest?

”Honestly, I dunno how the hell anyone could live in places like this. This sucks,” she complained again, shaking her head in distaste. At least she could get points for the complaint likely giving Reika a better ability to track her down.
(This post was last modified: Apr 05, 2022, 01:19 AM by Colette.)
Inactive V. Subordinate
Reika Archer
The smoky Archer hadn't any idea that her friend had followed her into the forest. At least now she didn't have to worry about her while she was gone. Reika was just glad that Colette was getting better with each passing day. Physically at least. The view she had of herself was something that would take more time. She was fine with staying as long as her friend needed her. Whether the woman was agreeable to it or not she considered them friends.

After calling out to the pale woman Reika waited to hear a response back. When she did she moved in the direction of Colette's voice. "What are you doing out here?" She called back as she looked through the trees for a glimpse of her friends pale coat. She hoped even the quickest of glimpses would give her a better idea of what direction to head.

She could hear the complaints a little louder than before. That meant she was getting closer. She also couldn't help but laugh a little. Then, finally, she spotted her friend and went to her. "I actually kind of like this forest," she stated as she picked her way through the last of the trees.
Inactive No Rank
Colette
As Reika grew closer, the ghost was fairly sure she could hear movement. Pawsteps. Attempting to lock on to that, Colette headed towards the other, a spoken question prompting a slightly teasing statement. ”You sayin’ I need to ask your permission before going someplace? Cause, that’s not happening, dearie.”

The ghost let out a snort of half amusement and half spite as Reika expressed a fondness for the forest. ”Good. Then you can stay here, and finally leave me the hell alone.” It was a shame, though, that the kid couldn’t see her smile at that moment, considering it was such a rare thing for her.

Colette stifled a sneeze as she pushed through a particularly dusty bush, and finally caught a glimpse of the kid. ”Was actually hopin’ to see you, though. Need to talk to ya about somethin’.” Quite literally, there was no sense in beating around the bush. Best to just go right through it, and explain her upcoming trip with Chan, what she’d need to do, and what she would possibly face during it.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Reika Archer
The forest was thick but Reika didn't have any trouble navigating it to find her companion. Since she couldn't see the other woman she checked the air frequently for her scent. Then Colette's voice reached her ears again. "Well it would be nice," she replied back, "How am I supposed to look after you if I don't know where your going." She was of course joking. She knew better than to think she could get Colette to ask before going anywhere.

It seemed her comment about liking the forest wasn't a shared iponion. "In that case I think I'll have to wait to build my forest hime," she joked again, "You won't get rid of me that easily." Of course she didn't have any idea about the reason Colette was there in the first place.

She finally found the pale woman as she came through a thick bunch of bushes. She was met with Colette stating she wanted to talk to her. "Oh, well I'm right here and all ears. What is it you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked curiously. She sat back on her haunches to give her companion her full attention.
Inactive No Rank
Colette
Predictably, at this point, the kid could not let things go without a few snarky - and warranted - comments of her own. It would be nice, Reika shot back. But there was a note of jest there, between their verbal sparring sessions now, that hadn’t been present before. Despite the fact that Colette really did want the kid to move on with her life, it would be a lie to say she didn’t enjoy this, too.

Reika expressed something like.. optimism, was it? About building a home here. As much as the ghost hated this place, if it brought joy to the other, that was what mattered. ”Won’t need ya for too much longer, kiddo. So you’d best get started on that. And find yourself some friends. Good ones, this time,” she teased back, finally seeing the kid.

As the topic turned more serious though Reika sat back, and the ghost let out a soft sigh. That.. less than joyous reunion with Chan still weighed heavily in her mind even all these days later. But as she’d gotten so good at doing, Colette buried the feelings within her, putting on a brave face, for the sake of the kid.

”I.. might be leavin’, for a while. I met.. an old friend, some days ago, and he.. wants to go somewhere, far away from here. We’ve got things to take care of.. unfinished business.” Despite rehearsing this speech in her mind a fair deal, it was a challenge, but the ghost kept her gaze steady and level, focused on Reika. ”But where we’re going, there’s.. a reasonable possibility I don’t make it back.” Smart as she was, Colette was certain Reika would understand the not-so-subtle hint dropped there. She prayed, however, that Reika would not ask for more details, or worse yet.. to go along.