518 Users Online
Bing, Google

all the words are gonna bleed from me
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 545 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Kinis' disappearance.. AW

It was not uncommon for the youthful male to seek out alone time; throughout the past year and a half of Ruiko raising the boy, Kinis had come and gone as he pleased, usually never straying too far. The large male had understood the youth’s disappearance as it had happened; the two had been lone wolves traveling together, but had no true wolf to answer to. Why not enjoy the sense of freedom that came with no responsibility? Yet now, with the Creek pack evening in its number’s and his mate bearing his puppies, Ruiko needed the youthful Tainn more than ever.

With the need to hunt for his mate, the regal male had prowled his way to Kinis’ den, hoping to find his sibling within and eager for not only a hunt, but time together. Upon his approach it became clear though that the den was empty, and as the tawny Leader bent his muzzle down to the ground, he noted that Kinis’ scent was stale now.. faded.

Unsettled with this knowledge, the male trailed swiftly across the pack’s territory, seeking out the other dark tawny male’s favorite haunts. Each spot fell short of the boy’s presence, and worry began to clench at the stoical male’s heart. When was the last time he had seen his brother? It hadn’t seemed so very long ago..

With his gaze focused upon the ground, Ruiko’s worry gave way to dread as finally, near the edge of the borders, his sharp golden eyes fell upon small patches of darker timber fur while small pools of blood littered the area. Kinis. His heart thudded in his chest now as he stared down in horror at the scene before him. There was no sign of the youth, nor any trail as to where he might have gone. It was almost as if he had vanished.

Ruiko stood at the border edge, his muzzle swung down low to nose at a tuft of his brother’s fur as a whine elicited from him. The sun beat down upon his large body, telling the tale of spring while the birds hopped among the branches, crooning their songs to one another. Such a time to be joyful and celebrate the season, and Ruiko could do no more than stand, his paws and heart aching with the dread that suddenly filled him.
Played by becuffin who has 195 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kanosak
<blockquote>It was good to be home, and wasn't the pack thriving? Scents had come and gone since he last patrolled the borders and he stretched his legs happily, looking forward to meeting again with Kashikoi and Kinis... but he had a job to do first. While the scent of the younger wolf, Kashikoi danced across the borders, bringing a happy smile to his golden face, the scent of Kinis was more elusive. He had grown quite fond of the two younger wolves, and had missed them dearly in his absence. Had something happened while he was gone?

Worry crept its way into his cautious frame as he continued about his task, eyes and ears sharp, nose fine tuned to pick out the scents of his pack mates. Rolu was another scent he found scarce, as well as that of Vander. The former less worrying than the latter. What had happened? He had been anxious about what might happen when he left. He was in desperate need of a catch up, with <i>all</i> of his pack mates.

Anxious tones caught his ear and his pace increased. Catching the scent of Ruiko, he shot forward with little care for what he may be racing into. It was a sound he had never heard from the stoic leader before, almost as if he had suffered a grievous injury. Heart thudding in his chest, the tawny male came into sight and relieve briefly washed over his body to see his leader upright, quickly replaced with one of dread as the scent of blood... wolf's blood, passed his nose and caused him to pause in his tracks.

<i>No...</i>

He knew he shouldn't have left.

Sinking low, the golden male pinned his ears flat against his head and tucked his tail, showing more submission than he had since joining, given his elevated position (not that he often chose to rub the fact in). He crept closer to Ruiko, loosing a concerned whine of his own and inching his way back upright, having no problems with remaining lower than his leader with his diminished height. <b>"What's going on?"</b> he almost whispered. Obviously nothing good.

His brain was already ticking over. <i>A search? For how long?</i> They also had to think of Aeylen. Her scent on the air sang of pups to come and the loyal second would not be straying far from pack lands while ever there were young, born or coming, to protect within its borders. There was so much blood, and his head swum with thoughts of how <i>anyone</i> could survive that much blood loss... it was uncertain whether the blood was that of the young male or <i>whatever... whoever</i> had loosed his fur. His leaders sense of dread was palatable, and it broke his heart.</blockquote>
user posted image
Played by Kashikoi who has 182 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Kashikoi
ooc: mind if i join im really low on posts

Kashi was on one of his walks around the pack borders waiting for his friend's return. It seemed ages since he saw him last and in his absence many of the pack had strayed off. For what reason they had he could not tell as he stayed on the outskirts a ways and wasn't very familiar with what was going on in the pack. He knew he needed to be with the others more but he just wasn't up to it since Kano left. Then there was also the waiting for Anyu to try and join the pack with them. He was heading back to the pack to get a proper nights rest but he smelled two familiar scents as the wind shifted.

Kano and Ruiko, he thought to himself as he placed the smell to the wolves. There was something else in the air, blood although he couldn't tell from what. It was all he could do to keep from running over the small hill to see what was going on. For all he knew a fight had occurred or a hunt but it didn't matter. He had to know if Kano really was home. As he crested the rise of the hill he found his leader slumped lower to the ground and Kanosak even lower.

As Kashikoi approached the regal wolf and the golden one he lowered himself low to the ground in respect of the two. He could tell something was wrong by the faint whimper he had heard as he crested the hill. "Kanosak your back..." He uttered this almost unbelieving after a nod of adknowledgement to Ruiko. Surely this was all a dream and he had merely falling asleep in the fields.
With death comes life and with life comes hope.
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
The scent was overwhelming to him – the sight that met his eyes could be no more than the darkness that one found in the throes of a nightmare. His eyes worried over the scene, drifting to the stains of blood and moving to the chunks of fur that could be found scattered. Again the regal male lowered his muzzle to the ground, his nose just inches from the familiar brown fur that rest before him – again he tested the scent, willing it to be from another, any other.. but Kinis’ scent was clear upon the air, and there could be no denial that something terrible had happened here.

The large wolf barely noticed Kanosak’s sudden appearance. His return home should have been met with the joy of his pack mate’s.. not with news like this. The scene was not lost upon his Second, and as the wolf crept forward, his voice a soft whisper, Ruiko cast him only a moment’s glance, feeling even more disheartened that the she-wolf that had inspired his will to seek out medical training from the Hollow was also gone as well.. though hers was but a slip away in to the night, her loyalty shedding from her as quickly as it had come upon her.

He could say nothing, his throat burned with the realization. Kashikoi came to them then, his greeting hesitant as he had yet to grasp what had happened. Straightening himself, the Leader’s features were hollow but the fury in his tones burned deeper than anything he had ever known. “If I find someone has harmed him.. I will not rest until they are dead.”
(This post was last modified: Apr 29, 2012, 02:49 PM by Ruiko.)
Played by Allie who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aeylen Onida
<blockquote>Silence hung in the air.

It would seem that spring had been less merciful on Copper Rock Creek than even winter had been. The borders had been quieter for some time, though she was sure the peace was merely the calm before the storm. The churning inside of her belly had only grown more intense as her body was still adapting to motherhood, but the discomfort was not enough to keep her from prowling the perimeters. Soon enough, her duties would seem leisurely in comparison to the responsibilities she was now to face, and she wanted to be sure to enjoy it while she could.

For many hours she made her way through the creek and it's subsequent streams, wandering from the waters here and there to walk on the dry banks. She'd taken notice of the blackbirds as they lined the bald tops of many of the trees; there were so many, but despite their presence the secluded hollow was quiet...Very quiet. She stood frozen as the shallow waters of the stream she currently traversed glided past her thick, creamy legs. It was as if they knew something she didn't, and <i>and how dare they</i>. Raising her muzzle to survey the breeze, the female quickly understood.

<i>Gore.</i> It was not just the stench of blood, but of saliva, and struggle, <i>and Kinis</i>. In an instant her body was in motion, rushing forward at a haphazard pace as she followed what was, at least in her head, lies told by the birds and the winds. Many times she would make for the wrong direction, stop, and retrace her steps. Eventually her eyes would confirm what her heart refused to accept - thin pools of blood, shades of red and brown streaked through the foliage in every direction. The horror only became more gruesome with every step she took forward, and eventually Ruiko's scent would fill the air as well.

Her heart skipped a beat. Had she somehow confused the Tainn brothers' scents? <i>Was Ruiko hurt, or dead?</i> Had he and Kinis had some sort of struggle? What in the <i>fuck</i> was going on?

In the distance her pack mates stood gathered, and to her relief Ruiko was unharmed - but the look on his face was one she'd never seen before. Inwardly, she cower before the power that blazed in his iron glare. Outwardly, she was only strengthened by the fact that things were terribly wrong. In her silent approach she would nod in acknowlegement to Kanosak and Kashikoi before slowing as she came upon her mate, her dirtied, creamy legs stained by the bloody grasses.

<b>"What has happened? Ruiko..."</b>

</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Apr 10, 2012, 12:00 AM by Aeylen.)
Inactive Deceased
Kanosak
Sorry, didn't realise it was my go again :/

<blockquote>The look he gave the young brown male was empty. Yes he was back. But back to what? A low growl of consent met Ruiko's words of vengeance as he began to try and piece together what had happened here. Whatever or whoever had caused this damage was well obscured through the metallic stench of blood, making his hackles stand on edge.

A sudden crashing through the forest caused the second to spin defensively, but his guard dropped as soon as he realised it was Aeylen. Kanosak respectfully acknowledged his lady leader before turning his attention straight back to the gore that was the the core of their investigation. What <i>had</i> happened here? It was a monstrosity regardless. All his usual reassurances flew out the window. He was speechless.</blockquote>
user posted image
Played by Kashikoi who has 182 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Kashikoi
Kashi whimpered in fear of not his leader but the anger that he was showing after what happened. He had no clue what had happened nor why the anger was being directed towards them. All he could see was the bloody patch of grass. He wanted to leave more than anything in the world right now. The blood made him uncomfortable, was it wolf blood?

He turned to the crash of a wolf comming out of the woods. Of course it seemed obvious that Aeylen come as soon as possible and now she was here. He bowed his head lowly in greating to the alpha female as she nodded to Kano and himself. He closed his eyes tight to stop any possible memories that could be brought about by the blood.
With death comes life and with life comes hope.
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Aeylen came to him then – the only strength he had left was given through her presence and the life that now grew in her womb. His eyes flickered over her, his masked emotions at bay in attempt to not distress her, even though he knew the words would cause a devastating blow to her; almost as much as they had him. Kinis was kin to her through their mateship, and one of Copper Rock Creek’s original founders. Even more so, he was a treasure to them both.. a treasure that had seemingly been taken.

Ruiko’s gaze abruptly flickered upon the two males beside them, and before any spoke the large Leader swept to his mate’s his, his muzzle burying to the soft fur of her nape to offer comfort.. and, in truth, seek it for himself as well. “Kinis is gone, my love,” he murmured quietly to her, his words soft and yet the nausea that rose like bile to his throat even as he spoke them gave him pause.

Kanosak and Kashikoi remained silent for the most part – the youthful wolf’s whimpers were not lost upon the regal tawny male, and his bright amber eyes would study Kashikoi momentarily. He seemed a fragile soul, and with a sweep of his eyes to his loyal Second, the male gave a nod in the Yearling’s direction. “Kanosak.. Kashikoi needn’t be here to see this. Take him for a hunt.. check the cache’s to make sure we have it stored. Your travels have been long.. try to also get some rest.” There was a small pause and his tail gave a flick before he cast a sideways glance to his mate. He knew Kanosak would want to scout the area with him to seek out any clue as to where their pack member had gone, but Kashikoi needed him most now. “I will go scout and see what I can find.” His tone was stony in its tenseness, and he regarded Aeylen once more. He desired her to rest, but he doubted she would leave his side at the moment.
Played by Allie who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aeylen Onida
<blockquote>Gently did she acknowledge the presence of loyal men of the Creek pack, openly embracing her mate as he extended a comforting touch - one that betrayed the solemn feel of the deathly scene. In an instant she comprehended, and as Ruiko's words broke the silence <i>her heart sunk</i>. Inside, her gut twisted into a tight knot, one that would remain for many days to come.

<i>Kinis is gone.</i>

Was this her fault? Where had they all been, to allow this to happen? <i>They had all failed him</i>, yet she knew they had all failed Ruiko as well. Quietly fighting the urge to crumble beneath the weight of such a tragedy, the red hued shewolf would fiercely hold tight to her mate, brows squeezing together painfully as her head dropped in defeat.

Ruiko's doubts concerning her course of action were confirmed, and as the Leader directed Kashi and Kano to rest, she did not hesitate to dictate her will.

<b>"I will accompany you, darling,"</b> she spoke through quivering lips. She may be carrying the next generation of Copper Rock Creek royalty, but she damn sure was not about to allow Ruiko to investigate the matter on his own, or leave him to stumble across whatever horror story nightmare that had managed to taint their kingdom with the spilling of her beloved brother-in-law's blood.</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Kanosak
<blockquote> He was torn. He wanted to search for Kinis, he was quite fond of the boy, but knew Ruiko was right. Kashikoi was young yet and and with the disappearance of so many pack mates, the Creeks position was quickly becoming precarious. Even Wille’s scent had faded from the borders... or so he had thought on his way in. It would warrant further investigation that he could undertake while hunting.

Of course with cubs on the way, food was more than important. Aeylen wouldn’t be able to help with the hunting so they would all need to pitch in but with such diminished numbers... Well they still had Volkan, Pakuna and Nina as well as the gathered. It bought an idea to mind. He was yet to really meet Pakuna outside of a pack meeting and with all the disappearances he wanted to meet her for himself and see if he thought she was worthy. <b>”C’mon Kashi, Lets go see if theres anyone at the den to help us out hey?”</b> a forced smile crossed his face. There was no point worrying the boy yet. They could find him. <b>”I’ll race you there!”</b> and like that he was gone, despite every fiber of his being telling him to stay. He would do as he was told.</blockquote>

{kano out}
user posted image