Bing, Google

Little Caterpillar — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
An eagle flies overhead and drops pieces of its kill. +3 Health
Played by PuppyThief who has 364 posts.
Paradise Falls V. Subordinate
Flair Smoke-Athesila

It hadn’t even occurred to her to lie, or hide her feelings. She wanted Chan’s approval, needed it, even if he didn’t think so. And just seeing him nod took a big weight off her shoulders, her smile returning, though softer now, more profound.

As she paused, his voice softly spurred her on. Amber eyes raised to look at him again, open and earnest. “One thing I realized after joinin’ th’ Cove’s that fam’ly’s more than blood,” she started, voice still soft, but unshaking; “That y’ have the chance t’ choose fer y’self, who really matters to you.” She tried to hold his gaze for as long as she could, but finally had to turn her eyes down, biting her lip nervously. The truth was her fear of rejection extended beyond Gwen. But this was something she needed to say, to find out now if she was on the wrong track and have time to turn back. Taking a deep breath, she looked back up at Chan, stating bluntly: “You do Chan. You… Y’r family to me.”

”Speech" Thoughts
Played by Cade who has 868 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's eyes remained on her, watching her part with each word. When she spoke of family being her choice, his docked tail waved back and forth behind him. In his opinion, that was the best decision she could come to, and he was happy for her. Figuring out what she specifically wanted was the first step toward getting it.

His gaze held firm while hers drifted, there for her to connect with again when she added one more declaration. His ears eased back at the words, features softening with appreciation and his own fondness for the rough-edged wolf.

"Thank you," he answered quietly, "that means a lot."

He stepped forward to give her a wolfish hug, tucking his muzzle against her neck.

"You're my best friend."
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Flair Smoke-Athesila

Her lips quivered into a tender smile, shoulders sagging. She’d never felt so vulnerable in her life, opening up this way, but to her relief, Chan had taken her words as she meant them, returning the sentiment. With a soft sigh, she leaned into his embrace, running her own muzzle up his shoulder in return. “And you’re mine,” She mumbled into his fur.

Once again, she felt her instincts react to his closeness, her body tingling all over, flashing hot where their bodies touched. But this time she didn’t mind so much, allowing the buzz to fill her head for a moment, crowding out all other thoughts. When she finally pulled away, it was only far enough to meet his eyes, her voice husky as she asked: “How about you? Have y’ found out… What y’re missing?” It seemed like forever ago, but their conversation still stood out clearly in her mind. They’d come far since then, but they still had a ways to go; But at least I can see the trail now…

”Speech" Thoughts
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
And you’re mine, she answered, and he sunk into the embrace, resting his chin at the crook of her shoulder. He trusted Flair, even after the shocking betrayal of what Colette had done, and appreciated her comfort all the more for it. A reminder that there was still far more light than darkness in the world. He lifted his head as he felt her move, and met her golden eyes when she spoke again, near enough for her breath to stir his whiskers. The closeness brought him peace, even as the question brought on a sadness he forced back from his features.

Chan closed his eyes as though in contemplation, and pressed his furrowed brow to Flair's.

"No," he whispered miserably, unable to keep the emotion from his voice as well.
Flair Smoke-Athesila

This close to each other, she noticed even the slightest twitch of his face, including his reaction to her words. Though it was nothing more than a blink, too well controlled to offer any clues about his feelings, she sensed the change in him, feeling her own heart sink even as he closed his eyes.

She followed suit, pressing back against his touch, as if to hold him upright, giving him what support she could. The simple reply broke her heart, eyes stinging behind her closed lids. She wished so desperately that she could help him, that there was something she could do to give him that last piece – if only she knew what it was.

Pressing her muzzle against his, letting him lean on her as much as he needed, she whispered: “Anything… Whatever you need, I’m here.” That was all she could do, be there for him, in whatever way he needed her to.

Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan nodded ever so slightly, barely needing to move for her to feel and understand as they held one another. Right now, this felt like more than enough. Knowing she was here, safe and happy and not alone. He wished he didn't have to inevitably part ways, that it could be the three of them of getting along and seeing the world with trips here and there back to the mountain to keep them grounded.

Thanks to @Colette's reintroduction to his life, that was no longer a possibility. Chan kept his eyes closed and rested, content to soak up this moment for as long as he was able.