(See All?) Announcements
377 Users Online
Google, Bing, Adelard, Eros, Apollo

just another hideaway — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 20 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Merrick
Although Merrick had slept peacefully amongst the other wolves of Willow Ridge, curled up alongside the warm bodies of his new pack mates, the large tawny male still longed for some privacy.

Whilst life as a loner had certainly not been easy, especially during the long winter months, Merrick had grown accustomed to being on his own. He was used to doing exactly what he wanted, when he wanted; having no need to consider the feelings or desires of anyone besides himself. It suited him really, being on his own, left to his own devices. He enjoyed the freedom of independence, and it was that same feeling which summoned a contented curl to the corner of his lips now, as he inspected the soil which had built up around the tangled roots of two neighbouring willow trees.

Sniffing and clawing at the partially snow covered ground, Merrick quietly considered if he had at last found the perfect site for digging a den of his very own.
(This post was last modified: Mar 30, 2022, 01:54 PM by Merrick.)
Played by whoami who has 13 posts.
Inactive VIII. Subordinate
O O C |

speech, thoughts

After his initiation into Willow Ridge with Scully and Avella, Fabian found himself wandering some more. It was something familiar and homely to him. Although the members of his new pack were kind and welcoming, he still felt a longing deep within. His sister was gone, still. And maybe that had something to do with it, although he hadn't made that connection himself quite yet.

He had wandered around the outskirts of the territory, still remaining within the bounds but daring to explore what else it and the surrounding area had to offer. He hadn't met all of the pack mates yet, and the impending loneliness was taking a toll on him.

Fabian happened upon another male, his size and stature matching that of his own. The man was inspecting an area under two conjoined and twisted trees, his sights apparently set on accomplishing something. Fabian sniffed, and he could tell this one was apart of the family as well. He came to the stranger, head hung low as he approached. "Looking for buried treasure?" he asked, smirking.
Inactive No Rank
Merrick
Merrick had managed to claw out a few mounds of dirt, breaking through the firm top layer of soil and leaf litter to reach the malleable ground beneath, when the other male happened upon him.

The large male's ears pinned back as he sensed the other wolf approach him, and a small huff was pushed out his lungs as they disturbed him with a question. Had Merrick not been facing the dirt that he had been busy excavating, the other male would have seen the scowl of annoyance that washed over his face before he quickly composed himself.

Taking a step back, small specs of soil still clinging to his long whiskers and painting his front paws, he acknowledged his packmate with an accommodating smile, though his ears were still pressed back in mild irritation. "No, though any treasure found here after today will be mine." He stated, eyeing the other male up and down to make sure he knew Merrick was being serious, before clarifying. "I'm digging myself a den. I don't much like being cramped up in a hole with everybody else." The large male gave his coat a shake then, remembering the tight confines of the communal den he had slept in the previous night alongside Avella.
O O C |

speech, thoughts

Fabian could tell that his intrusion was not welcome, though, he still was curious about the male. He hadn't met many of his pack mates, and so he was still determined to build a rapport with at least most of them. This male was just giving him less welcoming gestures than that of Scully or Avella... and he was okay with that. He enjoyed the challenge.

The man had made mention of any spoils being his and his only, and Fabian grinned. "Don't worry, I am no thief. " His large body plopped to the chilled ground. "You got a good eye for those... Out of the way, yet still within the borders, " he said, hoping complimenting the man would help his guard go down.

He nodded his head to Merrick's next comment. "Us fellows on the larger side do require something a bit less compact than what is provided. " He gave a smirk, tail swaying softly, "Your scent says you got to lie with royalty last night, though, didn't you?"
Inactive No Rank
Merrick
"Don't worry, I am no thief."

Merrick snorted to himself, turning around to place himself between his den-site and the stranger. Guarding it, as the large grey male complimented him on its location.

Indeed, Merrick took some pride in its location. It was close enough to the northern edge of the territory that he could wander over to the nearby small streams and rivers for a drink each morning, and he would be able to slip unnoticed into the wilderness beyond whenever he fancied. Plus, it was far enough away from the communal den that he was less likely to be disturbed, but still deep enough within the territory to provide him protection from any danger he might encounter.

He did not respond to the freely given compliment, though a smirk did pull at his dark charcoal lips at the male's next comment, realising that they both shared the opinion that the communal den was too crowded for wolves of their size and stature.

"Indeed." Merrick agreed, looking the male up and down again to take in his size. "Have you sought out a den for yourself as well?" He asked, interested to know so that he may stay clear of it when hoping to sneak off unnoticed.

The male's next comment caught him by surprise, though he did not waste the opportunity to brag. He took a bold step forward, tail lifting dominantly above his back and his chest pushing out proudly. Looking down his nose at his packmate, he answered. "I did. Lady Avella spent the whole night curled up at my side." He teased, acting as if the situation had been more intimate than it actually had been. "It was an honour that she chose me to comfort her during last night's storm." Merrick lied, determined to gain one up on the other male.
O O C |

speech, thoughts

Fabian snickered as the man put him between himself and the unfinished den. Had he not heard what he said? He didn't want the damned thing. Creativity was an important thing to him and stealing something that someone had already found themselves just didn't align with that.

A den of his own yet? Oh, no. He hadn't even thought about it yet, having only arrived a day and a half ago. He shook his head, stretching out long as he laid comfortably down, his posture relaxed. "No, nothing for me as of yet... " he began, lying his head on his paws and ears flattening. "I'll make sure it's nowhere near you though, make no mistake. "

He smiled, enjoying the sarcastic rapport the two had managed. What Merrick said next made him laugh on the inside a bit more. "You may have your Queen, " he said, eyes wandering to see if anyone happened to be listening to them. "In my experience, it's always the peasant girls that are more fun, " he winked.