(See All?) Announcements
272 Users Online
Google, Bing

just one look and now you're seeing double — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Greyer who has 134 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater V. Medic
Oleander Valle
Many, many apologies for the delay. :c Oleander's muse was constantly flip-flopping about how to react.

Oleander felt Eros brush against him but he did not see him. He did not even see Eros go to his blood-brother's side. Fear gnawed at his insides, wholly unsure why his father had called to them.

He could only stare. But, then, Viorel's face seemed to light up and he opened his mouth. "I know most of you know by now, but I wanted to make the official announcement that your mother and I will be having more children soon." Oleander bit his tongue, not wanting his father to continue... "You will all be older siblings."

The pale yearling was frozen in place as he processed the information. In unfortunate timing, he caught Archer's eye. His own tongue failed to move and he could feel everyone's eyes all on him, even if his own vision was unfocused. Without much of a choice, he lifted one stiff paw, his whole body already poised to run. He did not want to be seen as rude, leaving without a word, but he did not wish to remain here either.
they say pray it away, i swear,
OLEANDER VALLE
that I'll never be a saint, no way
Played by Cade who has 499 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Eros' attention was only briefly swayed when their father rolled each of them an egg, a word that had taken on a new meaning for him ever since that gross but illuminating lesson. The urge to begin chomping at the shell and playing with it upon his tongue as he usually would was ever present, but first he put his paw upon the oblong object to still it and then regarded it curiously.

This was a baby animal then, right?

I know most of you know by now, Viorel began, breaking the tawny boy away from his thoughts once again. As the words carried on, his smile reappeared and his tail began to wag. You will all be older siblings.

"Awesome!" was his own response, his glee earnest and lighting his face like sunshine. There was no concern about sharing resources and wolves, only a simple happiness that there would be more family to love and play with. Not only that; it also marked their own departure from puphood, which Eros expected would cause the world to upon up wide for the Backwater's debut generation.

"What about Ma? She's gonna have more too right?"
(This post was last modified: Jul 10, 2022, 10:38 PM by Eros.)
Played by Ghost who has 631 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater I. Leader
Viorel Valle
Fading this here since Vanadis is now inactive!

This was certainly not the joyous occasion that the father was hoping for. For the most part the children looked about uneasily, as did Sharlee, but at the very least Vanadis looked pleased. That, and Eros, given how tense everything had been with the boy, Viorel couldn’t help but feel relieved even if the others were iffy. Smiling brightly he answered the best he could, ”Uh no, Clover isn’t having anymore this year. She’s, well, she’s still exploring where things are going with a new man in her life.” At this he cast a wink at Sharlee, though he still felt conflicted about it all.

It was then that Viorel zoned in to just how uncomfortable Oleander was looking with everything. Sure that that last bit of information was not going to go over well the father shuffled on his paws then sighed and shot his mate a knowing look. He got to hit feet and approached the light coloured boy, ”hey, let’s go for a walk okay?” nudged his side and exited the small crowd. They needed a little bit of alone time.

[Image: s38i5ZS.png]