(See All?) Announcements
509 Users Online
Google, Bing

i'm bad at love — Fool's Gold Chasm 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 379 posts.
Deceased
Woya Macieo
Random Event: Woya, you notice a creature frozen beneath the ice. never addressed, whoops
For @Enera only!

Whether @Rhaegara knew it or not, Woya had replayed their fight in her head repeatedly, despite trying very hard not to. It ate at her, that the kid supposedly called her 'Scary Lady' all the time, that the other woman still only knew her for her worst aspects, that she didn't know how to act around her now - that it happened at all.

When she realized she couldn't escape it, she began to think long and hard about how to make it better for herself. Eventually, she figured out where the knot most likely lie; her relationship (or lack thereof) with Enera.

"En?" she called out for the young girl, nearing where scent and sound told the Macieo she would be. She had an idea, and hopefully it would pan out.
(This post was last modified: Jun 10, 2022, 10:42 PM by Woya.)
[Image: X2QzmxY.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 282 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Enera Rayvne
had a dream so big and loud

JUMPED SO HIGH I TOUCHED THE CLOUDS

Enera had spent most of her day sticking close to the den. She didn't like how cold it was, but she was far too bored inside to actually stay under shelter. She was still a little afraid of getting caught in a bad snowstorm again, even if Woya had taught her how to bear them a little better, so she didn't want to wander far regardless.

Wandering around the well-worn area about her and her mama's sleeping space the girl had found a stick frozen to the ground, jutting into the air at an odd angle. The pup found this incredibly entertaining to chew on, because if she messed up her angle the stick would flip up and catch her in the face. It was high-stakes chewing, and the girl found herself growling quietly at the stick, tail thumping against the ground as she shifted around it and cromched the end of the unfortunate branch.

A voice called out nearby, and Enera's ears pricked. She stopped her chewing, though the stick was still in her mouth, so she could listen better. She finally let go, jumping back to avoid getting struck again, and looked around for the source. She spotted Woya coming toward her, and the girl's ears flicked indecisively. What could the severe woman want with her? Had she ever actually sought her out? "Yeah?" she replied hesitantly.

Deceased
Woya Macieo
She spotted the girl and approached, noting how unsure she appeared. Great, her mind echoed bitterly, but she attempted to keep irritation at bay. This was exactly why she was here, after all.

Honey eyes glanced at the assaulted branch before settling back on the young wolf.

"Think there's a herd a' deer passin' by outside the bounds, you wanna help me track 'em?"

Woya hoped she would say yes, instead of cowering away from the invitation...
Lone Wolf No Rank
Enera Rayvne

Enera had been worried she was in trouble at first, that she'd done something to warrant a scolding, but to her surprise the pale woman invited her to help track deer. The Rayvne girl immediately perked up, tail even beginning to sway behind her. "I get to go outside?" she asked excitedly. She didn't go outside very much; she wasn't sure she was allowed without an adult. Not that it had stopped her first excursion, but she didn't want to push her luck.

"Okay!" Enera said, bouncing on her front paws a little in her excitement. "You gonna teach me how catch a deer?" she hopped a few steps around Woya. "Mama's shown me a little but I've never caught a deer before!"

Deceased
Woya Macieo
Rather than showing apprehension, the girl was clearly excited by the offer. Woya smiled back, a long tooth poking out past her charcoal lips. The expression flipped with a brief frown as Enera started going on about hunting the prey.

"Track, not hunt," she corrected with a raised brow, before the smile made its reappearance.

"But if we do find 'em and they don't scram, maybe we can get the pack to help us take 'em down?"

She motioned with her muzzle for Enera to follow, setting off toward the forest beyond the pack's claim.

"There's a lot more to feedin' a pack than just the killin' part, y'know."
Lone Wolf No Rank
Enera Rayvne

Enera's enthusiasm was only briefly dampened by the adult woman's frown and brief correction, but it was clear Woya wasn't actually upset with her, and at least Enera was going to get to go outside. "Okay," she agreed, bouncing forward to follow Woya outside the pack's boundaries. "I can run really fast," she said, then paused briefly. "Unless I hit ice. But I'm getting better at sliding, like you 'n Marrah!" she proclaimed. She'd only practiced once or twice on her own; she was still afraid of falling as hard as she had the day of their lesson.

Enera nodded vigorously to agree with the ways of feeding a pack; Enera may not have much experience with adult things yet, but she did know that killing something wasn't as easy at it looked. She'd tried chasing a few small mammals and had little success actually catching them. "What's your favorite part?" she asked, looking up at the severe woman.

Deceased
Woya Macieo
Enera's excitement continued, and she easily reflected the emotion even if in a more muted way. Her tail swayed like a rudder in the air as they pressed against it's current, guided by the scents carried. It wouldn't take them long to exit the pack's sphere of influence and catch wind of prey.

I can run really fast, the girl assured her and Woya smiled while keeping her gaze ahead, sandy eyes guiding her through the thick tree growth that lay between them and their goal.

"Good," she answered earnestly, "shit gets hard if ya can't keep up."

Of course there were animals they had no chance of matching in speed, but the slower one was the longer that list became and the more a wolf would constantly have to rely on trickery to seize their quarry - which didn't make for a very stable livelihood.

What's your favorite part?

Woya thought a moment, before replying, "guess it depends on my mood."

"Y'know about against and with the wind, right?"
(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2022, 05:10 PM by Woya.)
Lone Wolf No Rank
Enera Rayvne

Woya was in a good mood today, which only helped Enera to open up further. She knew the Scary Lady could be nice. Everyone had something nice in them somewhere. And so Enera kept bounding alongside the woman. She was nearly Woya's size now, though the pup didn't think much of it at the moment. She was just excited to be going out.

Her bounding paused as she thought about Woya's question. "Mama said you wanna make sure the prey can't smell you," she said. "So... We want the wind to be... In front of us, right?" she didn't like having wind in her face, but she didn't like being hungry even more.

Deceased
Woya Macieo
As expected, Enera had already received tutoring regarding the matter. Her explanation was apt enough, Woya nodding along.

"Yep, need it ta carry yer scent away from y'both. We're gonna find a trail, mind the breeze, and observe. There's a lot y'c'n tell about prey by watchin', and it all helps ya figurin' out the best way to hunt 'em."

She would show her much of that, hopefully using a herd as a visual. The ferns crept up along their legs, marking their departure from the Chasm entirely. They'd come back hours later, hopefully with some good news for the others.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Enera Rayvne

Enera nodded as Woya spoke, keenly looking ahead of them. She wanted to do the best job ever scouting for food and make her mama proud of her. Then maybe Woya might like her a little better too. She didn't know why the Scary Lady had taken a dislike to her, but Enera was determined to change that. She was just as good as Marrah!

"Let's go!" she said, though she did remember to keep her voice down. Giddiness rushed through her - her first hunt, even if they weren't catching anything!