550 Users Online
Bing, Google

Can't keep this from you — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
@Hagar

There was no doubt in Avella's mind that she was carrying the next generation of Archers. She knew that she would be showing soon so everyone in the pack would know that she was pregnant. That was if they didn't know already from the way her scent had changed. Her mind was made up. She needed to speak to Hagar and tell him.

Tell him what though? That they were his or could be his. That he wasn't the only one she'd spent time with while she was supposed to be away. This was the thing that had been on her mind since she'd first realized that she'd been successful. The problem was that she still hadn't come to a decision about what to say.

All she knew for sure was that she had to talk to him. So she went to the edges of the territory and called for him. This was not a conversation she wanted over heard.
(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2023, 12:56 AM by Hagar.)
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 241 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
It was clear that Avella had been successful in her aim to conceive children and begin a true legacy for the pack. Hagar put even more fervor into his huntsman efforts, and had begun to gather familiar plants and meats that his own forbears had taught him were good for pregnant women to eat. He had what would be the first of many deliveries in his jaws, intent on leaving them for her at her place in the communal den, when he heard her call.

Curious, he promptly turned to follow after his leader's song. It led him practically the opposite direction, and he wondered if she'd come upon a herd or some other matter concerning his desired occupation. When he found her, alone and without the scent of large prey in the air, he was thoroughly at a loss for what she might want. Interest shone in his mossy eyes as he lowered the collection of flora to the ground then watched her expectantly.
(This post was last modified: May 14, 2022, 12:09 AM by Hagar.)
[Image: 2zvAVMd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella hadn't been able to sit and wait for Hagar to meet her. She'd been pacing her thoughts running swiftly through her head. She knew what she had to do but she still wasn't sure how to go about it. She'd never had to tell a man that she might be pregnant with his children even worse that it was only a probability that they were in fact his. All of it kind of made her want to scream but she didnt, she was a proper lady amd they didn't do that. At least she used to be a proper lady.

She finally saw his chocolate form coming toward her which brought her pacing to a halt. The masked woman smiled as he grew closer. She noticed the bundle in his jaws. She watched him place it on the ground in front of him. She would get to that in a moment but first she needed to get this off her chest. "Thank you for coming Hagar," she said stepping forward and brushing her muzzle against his cheek in greeting. "I have something I need to speak to you about and it's between you and me."
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
His own leathery nose pushed back to reciprocate her greeting, chunky tail swinging happily behind him. Avella explained that she'd wanted this to be a private talk, and mild confusion played across his open features. He couldn't imagine what it might be that she'd want to confide in him, and their courtship certainly did not spring to mind. Hagar had been taught that when it came to procreation, he was a means to an end. Avella's body and what it created where her own concern, and certainly hers alone to make decisions with.

"What is it?" he asked.
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
Avella was afraid this would be a difficult conversation. Regardless she knew that it needed to be had no matter how she felt about it. Hagar needed to know the truth. She could see the confusion across his face but she didn't address it. That would soon go away once she'd explained things. Her biggest worry was that his view of her might change, that he might be angry with her, even that he might leave.

She sighed and looked at the ground a moment before meeting his gaze. "If you haven't noticed I'm going to be a mother," she started as she sat back on her haunches. "You must know the truth now Hagar. That after I left I spent time with two other men. Meaning you may be the father to my pups or one of them might be." She didn't know about pups in the same litter being able to have to different Fathers.

"I don't want this to change anything between us but I didn't want to keep things from you either," she told before falling silent to wait for his reaction.
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
His wolfish brows began to pinch with concern as she hesitated, clearly feeling some kind of afflicting emotion about what was on the tip of her tongue. It worried him, made him want to resolve the issue, whatever it was. When she spoke, he felt relief. Was that truly all?

He smiled broadly when she spoke of her pregnancy, genuinely happy for her and their pack that she had been successful and procured what she had wanted - a litter of her own to restart the Ridge's legacy. When she mentioned that he could be a father, however, his eyes widened slightly in surprise. Fatherhood was a gift, if the mother allowed it. He was not to assume such a thing on his own, regardless of whether or not his blood ran through her offsprings' veins.

I don't want this to change anything between us, she concluded, and his smile took on a sympathetic lilt.

"These things change nothing for me," Hagar assured her, "you wanted children, as is your right, and you wanted to be sure. I am thrilled for you, Avella, and I'm here for you, in whatever capacity you wish."

As always before, he would be what his queen needed him to be.
(This post was last modified: Jun 09, 2022, 02:57 AM by Hagar.)
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
She couldn't help how nervous she was about telling Hagar the truth. This was one of those things that could change everything. Most of all this could really hurt him and that was something she didn't want to do.

After a moment of silence passing between them she finally explained it to him. Avella didn't give him all of the details, that wasn't necessary. She told him what he needed to know. She saw the surprise pass across his features. She should have expected that considering everything. Before he could say anything she let him know of her wishes and then she waited.

Relief flooded over her when he said that it changed nothing. She moved forward to embracing him. "Thank you for understanding Hagar," she said before pulling away to look at him again. "I appreciate you being here for me Hagar you always have been. I want you to know that I count on you."
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
He could see the reprieve of concern wash over her, and while he wasn't expecting her embrace, he was happy to return it. He chuckled softly into the fur at her throat before they parted, tail wagging with happiness to see Avella unburdened. While he was unsure of specifically why she had been so concerned, he trusted her to have, and keep, her reasons.

"I'm glad," he answered earnestly, more than happy to be someone she could rely on.

"I..." the word started strong, but the others that came stuck within his throat. Hagar felt something, but could not concisely define it.

"I appreciate you too. I respect you, and... I feel lucky to be here. To have you as an alpha, as a friend. Thank you. For everything."
Inactive No Rank
Avella Archer
It was a lot taken off her mind when Hagar was so accepting of what she'd told him. To know that despite her actions he would still stand by her was a relief. She didn't want to lose his friendship but if it turned out he was the father of her children she wanted him to be a part of their lives. That was his right and she wouldn't deny him of it.

She smiled when be expressed happiness at the words she'd spoken to him. It was important at a time like this he knew how she felt about him. "Thank you too Hagar for everything. Especially taking a chance on me and Willow Ridge."

She was quiet for a moment as she thought about the best way to say what she wanted to say to him next. "I know that I can't say who the father of my pups might be but I do know that regardless of that fact I want you to be a part of their lives. I feel that is your right if that is something that you want too?"
Inactive Deceased
Hagar
Regardless, a part of their lives, his right, if he wanted it. Hagar's mind spun to make sense of what was now, for him, an unexpected situation. There were certain things that such notions meant in his own culture, but he found himself struggling to dare assuming that was what Avella was asking of him. His ears pivoted and his gaze lowered as he thought deeply on how best to answer.

"What, precisely, would that mean?" he finally settled on, voice soft so as not to give an ill impression. Hagar was far from telling her no, and that alone was confusing enough. He needed clarity in order to proceed, to know not just what would be expected of him but what he could, in turn, expect of Avella.