(See All?) Announcements
394 Users Online

The unexpected has happened — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
The more her sides grew with her pregnancy the more Oksana became worried. She'd been to the lake she'd seen how low the water had gotten. Spring was upon them but never had she seen it take the water from them. It was so important that she and Aquene have what precious water they'll could find to ensure the healthy births of their pups. Soon neither of them would be able to travel far to find the water they needed for themselves and their pups.

The crow walked through the trees as she made her way down to the lake. It had always been a good thinking spot. She hoped that some time there considering the problem would reveal an answer. She followed the trail down onto the larger than usual shoreline of the lake. It hurt to see the lake in such a state when it had once been so beautiful there. She padded out to the edge of the water amd sighed as she looked across what was left of their precious water supply. She wondered if other places like turtleback were in the same state.
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Im the worst! :(

Spring had finally come to relieve them from winter's icy grip. However, this year it took more than just the cold and snow. Their precious lake seemed to be losing it water as the shore seemed to grow at the same time. Moonshadow worried for her family and pack, but especially for the expecting mothers. The cove was blessed once again with two litters though, the elderly woman wondered if they were going to be able to support both. Despite the receding shoreline, the lake remained a place of relaxation a reflection for the aging Eastfall matriarch.

It seemed that Moonshadow wasnt the only inky matriarch to seek out the lake's relaxing environment. Cool mercury orbs spotted Oksana's pregnant form at the water's edge. She approached the younger woman giving out a small bark to alert her to her presence. Moon smiled and gave her alpha a nod in greeting. "Hello Oksana, how are ya today?" She asked moving to stand next to her.

Word Count: 164
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana frowned at the mud that now occupied where the water had once reached. She wished that the rains would come and replace the water. She didn't want her children's first experience of the lake to be this. Her orange gaze looked up at the sky hoping for any sign that rain would be coming. There wasn't any, just blue sky and sunshine. It was a disappointment and only increased the worry she had for her children, her first litter surviving this drought.

The crow wasn't expecting anyone to appear at the waters edge but Moonshadow's appearance was a welcome one. Her gaze went to follow the older woman's movements as she came closer. A smile was on her face and a friendly wag in her tail. "Hi Moonshadow, I'm doing okay all things consodering," she said glancing to the lake and then back to the Eastfall woman. "Are you doing alright?"
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her presence was welcomed by the younger woman as she was greeted with a wag of a dark banner and smile. The young alpha answered that she was well considering, clearly referring to the sad state of their beloved lake. Moon gave a solemn nod in response to the reference before answering how she was doing. "Also alright considering the state of the lake. It worries me if I'm bein' honest." The elder mother responded truthfully knowing full well it worried them all. She lowered her dark haunches to sit next to Oksana and turned her gaze to the dwindling but still gorgeous lake. Moonshadow allowed some time to pass for her alpha to respond and a few moments of quiet reflection before speaking once more. "How is pregnancy treatin' ya? This is yer first litter right?" Moon was pretty sure the Raven didnt have any children but didnt want to outright assume. Her mind floated back to her first pregnancy and all the excitement and worry that came with it. She wanted to help the first time mother-to-be in any way she could.

Word Count: 184
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana's worries only grew with each passing day as she came to the lake and it seemed to grow smaller. Though it was only incremental what were they to do when it wasn't a lake anymore but just a puddle. She hoped that the rains would come before that happend. She knew they would need a lot of rain to fill it back up amd in a way that was scary but they needed it. When Moonshadow appeared Oksana was grateful for the older woman's presence. "Me too amd not just for the sake of the pups, mine and Aquene's, but for all of us. I fear if the lake has shrunken this much what about the rest of the lore." The smaller bodies of water that she knew about amd even those that she didn't had to be all dried up. Where would they get water from if they didn't have rhe lake. She turned her hwadnto look at Moonshadow with a smile when asked about her pregnancy. "It is my first and I'm excited and nervous about it but so far all is going well for me. What was it like for you?" She asked knowing that Moonshadow was the mother to Chan and Nash.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The two ebony women shared their shared worries about their shrinking lake. A solemn nod was given in agreeance to the fear for them all. However, the younger woman brought up a good point. Their lake was a large source of water, and if it has lost as much as it has, what about the rest of the lore? What about @Chan? There was a new worry that now gripped the aging mother. She could not allow this worry to overrun her now. This was a check in for the expecting cove matriarch, to see how she was faring. So, Moon asked if this was her first litter, and her assumption was proven correct. Oksana explained that she was both excited and nervous before asking how Moonshadow's first pregnancy went. A small sigh escaped her salt and pepper maw as her mind flipped back to that spring.

The nervousness of asking Namid and Vespertio for permission to have children. Then the overwhelming joy of getting that permission and starting their family. Then the guilt that followed getting attack and losing her memory. The overwhelming sorrow and even more guilt that followed her giving birth to two stillborn children. Her ears flicked back as her gaze moved once more to the dwindling lake.

Her question so far was about her pregnancy, no need to further dampen the mood. "Mine was also filled with excitment 'n nervousness." She smiled looking back to her alpha, her ears returning to a neutral position. "I remember when they first began to move about 'n kick. It caught me so off guard that surely thought somethin' was wrong." A small chuckle fell from her salt and pepper maw. It was such a surprise she immediately sought out Namid, who assured her it was absolutely normal.

Word Count: 299
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
There was a lot to be worried about as each day passed her worries over the lake grew. She wondered how much more water they would lose before the rains finally came to relieve them all. The beautiful forest of the mountain had browned and shriveled in the dryness that surrounded them. Her thoughts were always on her pups and if they'd survive through the drought. There were times that she had nightmares of them shrivling and dying like the greenery all around them. She had to stay strong and make sure that didn't happen.

In that moment Oksana looked to the guidance of the older woman. She was aware thst the two of them didn't have a close relationship but she felt that Moonshadow would take her under her wing. The crow was grateful for that. She no longer had her own mother to look to for the answers to her questions. So as the older woman spoke of her experiences Oksana listened intently.

A smile cross her dark maw when Moonshadow described her first time feeling her pups move around inside her. "I suppose excitement and nervousness are expected. I want to meet them very badly but I'm afraid something will happen to them," she explained, "Did your pups move around a lot after that first time?" Oksana wondered if it woukd ve the sake for her. Would she feel like there was something wrong the first time or would she feel relieved.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Reminiscing about her first litter was bittersweet. A mix between the happiest time of her life as well as the worst. The older inky woman hadn't planned on bringing up losing her first and second born, but when Oksana brought up her fear of losing them, she knew she couldn't be all rainbows and sunshine. She had to be upfront, especially after Aquene losing her son the year before without a clear reason. Silver tipped ears once more fell back against her skull. The dark alpha continued on asking if her first litter moved around a lot after that first time, and a small chuckle left Moon's maw. "They did, however I had an incident where I was attacked 'n lost my memory. I forgot I was pregnant n' that I lived in the cove." Her gazed lowered to her large paws as the guilt bubbled up once more. "When my husband 'n Kajika found me, they brought me home. My memory eventually returned, but their movements weren't as strong as I had remembered them to be. When I gave birth Chan was the only survivor." Silver orbs once more moved to the dwindling lake as she finished her story. The last thing Moonshadow wanted to do was worry the raven. "The twins however," She chuckled, her demeanor perking up. "They were having all kinds of fun in there." Silver orbs met orange counterparts with a smile. Pregnancy was scary but it was also such a joyous thing to experience.

Word Count: 250
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
Oksana felt comforted having another mother to talk to about her pregnancy. Since her mother and grandmother were gone she was grateful that Moonshadow was so willing to talk to her about pregnancy. The crow sat back on her haunches as she listened to Moons story of her first litter. Horror crossed her features when the older woman described getting attacked during her first pregnancy and losing her memory. "Oh my goodness Moon. That had to be a scary horrible ordeal." Moonshadow went on to explain how Kajika and her husband had found her and brought her home. That was a relief. "I'm so glad you regained your memory but I can't imagine losing any pups. I'm glad Chan survived though, he's really a good guy." Oksana missed having Chan around the cove. She hoped he would come to visit soon.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Shame and guilt kept the older onyx woman from being able to meet the gaze of her younger alpha as she retold the story of her first litter. I shoulda known better.... That mean little voice creeping back in, fueling that guilt. Oksana's voice filtered in, sounding further away than it should have. Pushing aside her guilt aside, Moon looked back to her companion with a smile that had her sadness in it. "He is my biggest blessin'. Nash 'n Staryn are blessin's too but Chan's my miracle baby." She explained. The Eastfall woman loved all of her children equally, but there was no denying the special bond she had with her eldest. "It's an unimaginable thing to go through. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. Though I lost two, had we never tried we wouldn't have him." She explained hoping she wasnt scaring the new mother to be too much. Her heart yearned for her two stillborns but she knew they were in a better place, now running with their father. Sometimes it wasnt even a grand event that rips children away, as in her pregnancy compared to Aquene's. The young Slayer woman did everything right and still lost her son. Sometimes life was just cruel while providing the greatest blessings.

Word Count: 214