Bing, Google, Hazelnut

can't give in — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 391 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain
For @Moonshadow
Backdated to 12/30 | late afternoon | Broken Clouds 39°F, 4°C

It seemed one of the most peaceful places in the Lore had to be his homelands in Aleister's biased opinion. With the great Mountain of Dire surrounding the Cove within their valley, the Lost Lake really doesn't seem so lost to those who call it home. Instead, it's a centering point for them which is certainly what helps Aleister when his emotions get the best of him. When things seem to becoming too overwhelming, Al liked to go find peace and quiet along the shore side and sort through his sometimes-volatile thoughts. Brushing the snow off his favorite boulder, the Vuesain sat upon his haunches as he looked out with his mismatched gaze as he contemplated.

(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2022, 05:42 AM by Aleister.)
Played by Grae who has 891 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

So sorry about the wait! <3

The lake had become the most important place in the she wolf's life. The glistening water always a constant, drawing her back no matter how far she strayed or for how long she would wander. The place where she had the happiest of memories and faced her worst fears. The loved ones who had come into her life upon its rocky shores were many, all of whom she would love until the end of her days and even beyond...if there was one.

The middle of winter buried their calming waters under a reflective blanket of ice. Despite this, the large body of water was still an anchoring point of the wolves of the cove. The mature matriarch had been coming to the lake more often since being brought back from her accidental disappearance. It allowed her to work through her feelings of disappointment and embarrassment without feeling as if she was a burden on others. @Chan was doing his best to look out for an entire a pack - something she knew all too well was difficult. @Nash was looking out for anymore threats, whether they be cougars, coyotes, or even a stampeding deer herd, he had more than enough to worry about. @Aquene was being a wonderfully dutiful medic and first-time mother, raising little Kateri through the harshest part of the year. @Kajika was helping with the pack just as he always used to, jumping back in as if he hadnt been gone at all. Others Moonshadow hadnt quite gotten to know well enough to even want to consider bothering them. Aleister, while doing significantly better, was still not back as alpha and was caring for four pups, three without their mother. Thinking of how @Kip had gone missing made the experienced mother guilty for not checking in more often with the Vuesain. So, when his dark agouti frame came into sight atop a boulder looking over the lake it was a perfect opportunity for a check in.

Large inky paws moved easily over the small pebbles that made up the shore towards him. A chuff made its way from her greying maw to alert him to her approach. Her silver dusted banner waved behind her as she closed the distance between them. Moon stopped about a length away from the boulder, her silver orbs looking up at him with her usual warm smile adorning her lips. "Hello Aleister, would ya mind some company?" She didnt think he would object but she would respect that he wanted alone time.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

With her gentle chuff, the Vuesain was alerted of Moon's approach as his mismatched gaze looked over to her as she made her way closer to him. A smile crossed his ebony lips as she made her to him. He was thankful for her safe return and was happy that she was still a prominent figure in his life. As she came up to him, asking if he would like company, Aleister nodded as he moved off from his boulder to her level upon the pebble littered shoreline.

"Of course, I will always enjoy your company Moon," he reassured as he pressed himself against her side affectionately. "I do hope you are doing well?" Al asked tentatively as his ocean and sunshine gaze peered over at her.

no problem at all!
[Image: lMaXPz.png]
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her silver dusted banner swung happily behind her as his dark agouti came down from atop the boulder. He stated that he would always enjoy her company as he greeted her by brushing against her side. A hum rumbled in her chest as she returned his greeting also leaning into him. A smile met his peering gaze as he asked how she was doing. "I am, better each day" she assured him with a small chuckle. The embarrassment was wearing away little by little each day. The sting of her rookie mistake wearing away, allowing her to reintegrate back into the pack. "How are ya doin'?" The aging woman asked looking upon his features. With four kiddos running around and still recovering from his illness from the summer she was sure he was feeling something. 

Word Count: 135
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

The Vuesain smiled at her words, he was happy she was getting better. Knowing how bad of shape she was when she came home, Aleister was thankful she is recovering faster than he had this summer. But luckily, he was able to recover just was well, though a subtle cough still lingered in his lungs if he overexerted himself too much for his body to handle. Moon then turned the question about him, asking how he was doing. "I'm alive," he answered with a rough chuckle as his ocean and sunshine gaze looked away for a moment. At least he could be thankful for that. "I'm doing okay," he said in a more serious tone as his gaze fell back upon the Cove matriarch. 

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The inky woman shared his chuckled at his light-hearted response of him being alive. She was happy to see him in good spirits. His tone turned more serious as he confirmed that he was doing alright. This caused Moon's signature warm smile to pull at her inky lips on her salt and pepper maw. "I'm happy to hear that. If ya ever want or need to talk I'm always here for ya." The dark woman offered with a bump to his shoulder. She would always be there for the Vuesian, he was family just as much as her children, late husband, and best friend. The Eastfall and Vuesian families werent family by blood but instead through strong bonds that have stood the test of time.

Word Count: 125
Inactive Deceased
Aleister Vuesain

The Vuesain couldnt be more thankful for the older matriarch's presence and support. Moonshadow had been a longtime friend to his family and thoughout his entire life. Aleister couldn't be happier that the inky woman found her way back to the Cove when the rest of them did. He couldn't be sure they would be where they were without her.

At her comforting words and smile, the Vuesain dipped his head in thanks as a soft smile crept upon his ebony lips. "Thank you, you truly always are," he replied softly as his mistmatched gaze looked back up at the dark cloacked woman. "I just hope I can be enough for the kids," he murmered softly as his thoughts began to fill his voice.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her heart warmed at his words and her silver dusted banner reflected the feeling outwards with a thumping against the frozen ground. Mercury orbs met mismatched counterparts once more as he began to allow his thoughts to come out. The, what she thought to be, universal fear of being enough for one's children made its way out into the open. It was a feeling the older inky woman was all too familiar with. "Ya are more than enough Al. They're lucky to have an amazin' man like ya to call their father." Her smile widened as she spoke. Moon had watched the man before her grow up, and knew he was more than capable of being a wonderful father. Even if he hadn't felt adequate. It was in his blood, both Namid and Vespertio within the agouti man and guiding him from beyond. Plus, he had the pack to support him, which is something the Eastfall woman knew in her heart is something they would always do.

Word Count: 167