(See All?) Announcements
556 Users Online
Bing, Google

shilly-shally by the side door — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 153 posts.
Sanguine Cove VI. Guardian
Leo Vuesain

He felt a painful tinge of guilt, seeing the pain in his sister’s eyes. He wanted to be the big brother, the protector, bringing her reassurance and comfort. But he had to know. Yet the answer was as devastating as he feared, ears and shoulders sagging as Stella explained – in the end, he hadn’t been able to entirely kill that hope. And it hurt, in some ways it hurt more that he’d missed his sister for so long, for no real reward.

Leo felt his body grow heavy all of a sudden, gaze drifting down in his dejection. Then, to his surprise, he felt Kateri’s nudge, turning his head to meet her two-colored eyes. More guilt flushed him then, bringing heat into his cheeks. After what he’d just thought about her, she was right here, offering support. In truth he didn’t want her to suffer the same fate as the Vuesain-Kipley’s, she was his sister just as much as Stella, and he would never want her to hurt.

Attempting a pale smile in thanks, he nudged her back to try and make up for his short lapse, showing how much he appreciated her. Then Stella spoke again, and her words made his ears flatten yet again, head turning to look at her again. His brief weakness was gone and once more his attention was on comforting his sister. Taking a step forward, he reached to brush his muzzle to hers; “Don’t apologize! You did everything you could. I’m just glad you’re home!” Because that was the truth of it. Kip had chosen to leave her family and coming back would be her decision, just as Stella had chosen to.

Looking back up at Kateri, Leo nodded at her words, echoing his own thoughts. Once again, he was grateful for her understanding and comfort, the bitterness squashed, at least for now.

Thoughts ”Speech”

(This post was last modified: Aug 16, 2022, 09:07 PM by Leo.)
[Image: FFeXvE1.png] [Image: LuHJBlS.png]
Played by Winter who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Stella Vuesain
Stella watched as her words hit Leo, and she could feel the blow she'd dealt him with her news.

It had been selfish to go, really, she realized that now. Kateri might call it noble, though Stella found that quite charitable, she didn't think it was exactly true. But maybe going hadn't been wrong, either. She was still trying to figure things out, but she knew that she was glad to be home, and sorry for the pain and worry she had caused, but she didn't fully regret going, either. "Thanks. I'm really so glad to see you both," She ran her eyes over Kateri and Leo again, wondering just how much really had changed and what might remain the same, but treasuring the two of them being there to welcome her back in this moment.

Still feeling slightly sick to her stomach, she nodded but let herself smile, too. "I was afraid I'd been gone too long," she dipped her own head, another silent apology, before raising it to look at her siblings once more. She drew in a breath and let it out in a sigh, steadying herself. She was really home, wasn't she?

"I shouldn't put off going to see Pa much longer," she had been relieved to confirm his scent strong and fresh at the borders as well, "but I did want to tell you guys that I met our half-brother, Seri. He said he'll be coming to visit some time soon." Stella watched their faces to see how they might receive the news. She wanted to offer them both something else to be glad of, a reason to stop letting the ghosts of the past haunt them so strongly.
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
It really was disappointing news that Stella had brought home to Leo. Kateri didn't know what they were going through cause she still had her mama. Still she felt badly for them. She woild probably be angry with Aquene if she ever left like Leo and Stella's mama had. The young Slayer wondered if that was something to be forgiven. After all the pain that her siblings had to go through everyday that their mother wasn't in their life. She stayed to the side allowing brother and sister to talk while she thought about all of this. She didn't say anything though because she didn't think it was right for her to do so.

Kateri was worried about Leo and that hearing his mother couldn't be found might be too much for him. She was relieved by the reassuring words that he said to Stella. "We missed you too Stel," she said in response to her sisters words. She just didn't know what to say in response to Leo because she felt that anything she might say would seen callous and make things worse for her siblings.

"I don't think anytime is too long cause your our sister and you're always welcome right Leo?" She was sure their papa and the others felt the same. This was Stella's home itbwas the only place she could go in Kateri's opinion.

"He'll be so glad to see you're back," she said before she was shocked by the news that Stella delivered. "I have another brother?" She asked her voice a little airy. That was just amazing in Kateri's eyes. She was used to having half-siblings but they were more like full siblings. "I hope he comes soon so we can meet him."
Played by PuppyThief who has 153 posts.
Sanguine Cove VI. Guardian
Leo Vuesain

He couldn’t deny, he would have preferred that she hadn’t gone, selfishly. There had been times when he’d needed her particular, soft comfort and understanding – heaven only knew that Lynx wasn’t exactly the type to listen and share feelings – and while he loved Kateri as dearly as his other siblings, there was this one thing they didn’t share.

Stella’s lament drew him out of those thoughts, brows lifting. He was stunned she’d even think there was a too long, a sentiment Kateri was quick to echo, and he nodded his agreement. Perhaps she was thinking of Kip again, and how it would feel if she did ever return, but that was entirely different. “Everyone will be so happy to see you!” He emphasized, wanting her to know there were no hard feelings, no one would judge her for being away.

However, despite not having found Kip, Stella had not returned entirely empty pawed. Apparently, she’d managed to find some other family instead, family they hadn’t even known existed; our half-brother…! Leo felt like he’d been dunked in cold water, the pounding of his heart suddenly very loud in his ears, almost drowning out Kateri’s response. She seemed happy at the news as far as he could tell, but all Leo could manage was an: “Oh…”

Obviously, the idea of their father not being monogamous was not news to the boy, and yet, something about this particular sibling made him feel oddly conflicted; perhaps it was the simple fact that this was a half-brother. He shook his head, this would take some time to process, later when he was alone. For now, he attempted an encouraging smile, gesturing over one shoulder; “Come on then.” They’d monopolized her for long enough, their father would be over the moon to see her back as well.

Thoughts ”Speech”

[Image: FFeXvE1.png] [Image: LuHJBlS.png]
Played by Winter who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Stella Vuesain
Their words of encouragement brought her spirits up, hearing their voices alone sounded like music after too much silence. Maybe it had been foolish to be afraid to come back, but Stella felt the sense of relief running through her like cool water. They weren't upset with her. She'd be sure not to be gone so long again, if she could do anything about it. "You're right," she said, trying to take their encouragement to heart.

She watched as her news of Seri hit them both each differently, Kat seeming perhaps more pleased than Leo. Or perhaps, he just needed some time for the idea to settle. It was harder to read their moods, she noticed. "Yeah," she smiled hesitantly, shifting her gaze back to Kat. "He's over in the Backwater, the drought has been hard there," the idea that her family was spread out, vulnerable to the whims of the Lore, was sobering. She hoped they could all meet, soon enough.

Leo offered a smile though, which she was quick to return. "Do you mind if I, uhm," she shuffled her paw again and glanced up toward the towering rocks and trees of their home. "Maybe I can walk ahead, go talk to him first?" If she had the chance, she wanted a moment to apologize to Pa for being gone so long, and everything else. "Then we can all catch up. I'm sure I've missed so much." Too much, really. It was about time.

fade