(See All?) Announcements
702 Users Online
Bing, Google

Not completely broken — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 160 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri didn't really know much about when her father had been sick. She'd still been quite young when it had happened. She was glad that she hadn't had to see him like that. She was so used to seeing him the way he was, strong and able to do anything. Like brave the winter to come and find her and bring her home. She had seen him retake his throne and she was proud of her papa. She didn't think anything would ever shake how she felt about him.

There were things about her fall that as time had passed she'd finally been able to remember. The sound her body had made as it hit the ground and the way her leg had hurt after. She hadn't wanted to upset her mother further by telling her. She knew Aquene already felt bad enough cause she hadn't been there to take care of her right away. The last thing she needed to hear were those sorts of details.

Kateri listened to Eros with interest as he told about the things that had happened to him and his family. "That's good information about the turtle," she told him, "I'll be sure to be careful around them. That's really kind of scary to know that he could have lost his paw." She smiled though, "I'm glad he's okay. Thank you! I'm glad he is too." Her smile widened when he asked about their medic, "My mama is the best medic. She fixed my papa and me up really well and a few others that had gotten hurt this winter." The pride she had for her mother's work was evident in her voice. Kateri's face brightened as he talked about what happened with the Elk, "Oh, that's a blessing. It's hard being hurt for a long time. I'm glad your recovery was fast. I think I'd like to meet your Mama Clo sometime. Maybe I can learn from her." That woukd ve exciting.
Played by Cade who has 496 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater II. Leader
Eros Valle
Turns out they did have a pack healer, Kateri's own mother. His tawny ears twitched with surprise, and the young girl went on to say all the ways her mom had helped the others. That pretty much eliminated his snobby theory, properly humbling him. Still, she spoke kindly of Clover, and even passed out the thought that she could be tutored by the faceless woman.

"You don't wanna learn from your mom?" he asked the question as promptly as it entered his mind, curious about why. Maybe she was just like Violet, and wanted to go some place new to study. That would be cool, if they got a new kid to live with them! His tail wagged at the thought.
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri was very proud of her mother and not just because Aquene was her mother. She saw her as a very good healer and a wonderful person who cared for everyone. She hoped that she could be like her one day. Her pride certainly showed through as she spoke of the things her mother had done for the pack. She just couldn't help it really. Though she was a little surprised by the question Eros asked her.

"Sure I want to learn from my mama but I think it would be a good idea to learn from other healers too. It doesn't hurt to learn from different places because it can only grow your knowledge." That was the way she saw things. She knew she could learn a lot from her mother but she thought she could learn a lot from Clover too.
Eros Valle
She answered so simply, and it made plenty of sense. Eros nodded his head and smiled to show his understanding, and again was reminded of his absent half-sibling.

"Gotcha. My sister went t'do that, learn from other healers in our ma's side a' the family," he answered with the intention of relating to Kateri.

"I'm sure you'd be welcome anytime, you totally should come an' you can have lessons with me n' @Archer."

His tail began to wag at the thought, keeping a steady beat. It would just make them all the more fun in his opinion.
(This post was last modified: Sep 26, 2022, 12:42 AM by Eros.)
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
It was important to Kateri to learn from her mother. She and Aquene had talked about tradition once and the young Slayer thought that was important. She also thought that learning from others was important too in order to gain as much knowledge as she could. Being a healer to her meant that sometimes others lives were in her paws so if she made the wrong decision because she hadn't learned enough it could go very badly.

She smiled when Eros's made it clear that he understood her. "My mama's family has healers too. It's tradition to pass the knowledge from mother to daughter. That's important but I mostly just want to help make wolves better and protect them by learning to fight like the warriors in my family." Kateri was proud that her family had such wolves in it.

The dark female's tail swept the ground happily at the offer Eros gave her. "I'd like that very much. It sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe once the weather breaks I can come and visit for a little while." She hoped by then her leg woukd be better and her mother would trust her to make the trip by herself.
Eros Valle
Eros' small grin began to grow steadily in size as Kateri elaborated even further. While he couldn't know if any of the Backwater daughters had been taught certain things out of tradition or not, he knew that what she was saying she wanted to do sounded a lot like what he wanted to do. His tail thumped the ground rhythmically as she mused after the timing of such a visit, the boy waiting for her voice to trail before jumping in with his excitement.

"That's what I wanna do!" Eros declared, "Healing and fighting! That way, no matter what comes around, I got it."

He spoke animatedly, lifting a paw and swiping it through the air to emphasize certain words before taking a final rake as though karate-chopping an invisible enemy. Probably some dumb goose.

"We got to train together now. You get your parents to say yes an' I'll make sure mine do too. What kind of warrior stuff do you know?"
(This post was last modified: Sep 26, 2022, 01:25 AM by Eros.)
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
Kateri talked about what she'd decided she wanted to do with her life and for her pack. Ever since her mother had told the story about her family she wanted to be able to help her family in everyday she could. That meant gaining the skills she needed to do that. Kateri was a little surprised when Eros declared he wanted to do the same thing as her.

"I never met anyone who wanted to fight and heal too. That's so cool," she exclaimed her tail sweeping the ground happily behind her. "I want to be able to protect my family on all fronts too." She'd given this plenty of thought and she had made up her mind.

Kateri seemed to have found something that Eros was very passionate about. She watched with a smile as he spoke. She felt like she'd found a friend in the Valle boy and that was something that she was pretty happy about.

"I'll talk to them cause training together will be lots of fun," she promised but then frowned a little, "I don't really know anything. Mama hasn't allowed me to learn since I got hurt " that was why she needed to get better soon.
Eros Valle
The conversation came back to her injury without him intending it. Eros grew a little more solemn at the words, and ground his teeth together lightly in thought after they'd dissipated from the air. That was a bummer, and he wished there was something he could do about it.

"Well... I'll just have to learn that stuff for the both of us until you're better, then. And when you are, I'll catch ya up!"

Eros was pretty confident that there was nothing a wolf couldn't help another learn if they simply worked together on it, and then maybe that would help Katari feel like she wasn't losing time. He was sure she was still having her herbalism lessons, those could definitely be done even with a bum leg in his opinion.

"Deal?"
Inactive No Rank
Kateri Vuesain-Slayer
While she understood her mother's position about her leg Kateri also had her own feelings on the matter. She'd learned to be gentle and take care of it so that it wouldn't get hurt again. She didn't see why she couldn't learn while she was healing. Maybe it was something that she needed to take up with her mother.

She listened to what Eros was offering her. That made her smile. It also gave her something to look forward to. A new spark of excitement ran through her.

She could learn a lot more if she was learning from many teachers. She also thought that Eros would ge a good teacher and help her to learn a lot.

"You've got yourself a deal. I think it will be a lot of fun."