912 Users Online
Bing, Ryder, Finley, Isla

Every valley is not a lake — Sanguine Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Winter who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Stella Vuesain
For @Moonshadow please! thank you

Stella had taken a small morning meal from one of the pack's caches, nestled hidden at the foot of a boulder, and then set about the task of restocking their larders with something a little more fresh. The woods around the lake were sparse for game lately, but she hoped luck would be on her side.

She was searching, moreso, for some pattern of normalcy after her return. When she had been travelling, she had been alone with her thoughts nearly all of the time, left to care only for her own daily needs. Now she had chores to do and others to share the day with once more. It was a good change, she could feel that, but coming home also required a lot more adjustment than the yearling girl had anticipated.
So much had changed. She had yet to meet her new little siblings, and she still did not quite know how to accept the reality of her failures to put her immediate family back together more fully. And then there was the lake.

Even now, as she glanced off through the trees, she could see it glinting brightly. But even that steady supply of lifegiving water was shrinking, the water's level dropping by the day compared to what she had always known. Things were changing whether she liked it or not, so she had better just accept that and figure out what to do, or she'd get stuck. At least this morning, that meant finding a meal to bring back home to hungry mouths.

Struck by the recent memory of she and Nash's game with the otter, she found herself wandering down toward the lakeshore. Where there was an otter, there must be fish, certainly? The thought of presenting the pups with a big, fresh fish was enough to bring a hopeful smile to her jaws and a spring to her step
(This post was last modified: Jun 16, 2022, 02:18 PM by Stella.)
Played by Grae who has 898 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

I love the fishing! <3

As summer dragged on, it seemed like the heat was going to continue to suck the water from their precious lake. The large shadow moved through the trees slower than she once did. Age, heat and a moment off from her grandchildren contributed to her reduction in speed. Though the elder woman has gotten used to it, it has its moments when it becomes a hard pill swallow. Her mind wandered to when she was younger, what she took for granted and how much she would give to go back...

The Eastfall matriarch had been so preoccupied with her thoughts that she was unaware that her wandering paws led her straight to their puddle lake. Mercury orbs blinked in the sudden assault of sunlight as she stepped onto the now very large lake shore. Once adjusted, a sandy figure came into view down by the water. Moon easily recognized the young Vuesian girl's form. Her silver dusted banner waved behind her as she made her way down to the water's edge. "Hello love" the elder woman called to the youth as she came to stand next to her. The girl had been through so much in her young life much like Moon had been at that point in her life. Moonshadow regreted that she hadn't checked in more often, it was something she was hoping to get better at.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Stella Vuesain
Tags just for mentions <3

Stella turned at Moonshadow's greeting, offering a happy smile and a sway of her tail. "Hi Moon!" she returned the greeting, waiting until the large dark figure was standing beside her before giving an affectionate head-bump to her shoulder.

The young woman's golden stare followed Moonshadow's silvered gaze out over the lake. "How are you? Heard from @Chan recently?" Stella inquired more quietly, grasping for something to begin a conversation about besides the seemingly insurmountable problems that seemed to stalk them lately.

She was still trying to get caught up on everything since she'd been away. The girl considered the Eastfall man like an uncle, and Moonshadow has always been matriarchal presence in her life especially now that she was missing her mother. The Cove were her family, and she was glad to be back, but still distraught over all those who were absent... Though, the word family brought another thought sparking forth in the Vuesain girl's mind.

"Funny story, while I was on my way home, I met my half-brother, @Seri !" she added, "so I guess I found something out there, even if it wasn't who I was looking for?" she shrugged, glancing down, not sure what to say and aware she might be running on a bit now.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Moon's silver dusted banner waved easily at her hocks as she approached the young Vuesian girl. She was greeted with an affectionate head bump to her shoulder. The elderly woman returned the affection with a lick to Stella's crown before sitting beside the youth. The cove women looked out at the lake for a moment before the paler girl spoke. Her voice quieter than her initial greeting, a hint of hesitation in her tone. As she formulated an answer Stella told her that she had found her half-brother while she was away. Speckled eyebrows rose with surprise at the news. This was the first she was hearing about it and wanted to hear more. "I'm alright 'n no I havent heard from him since he left." Her heart sank a little at the admission. She would be lying if she said she didnt miss her eldest son and wished he come home, even if just for a visit. "Did ya? That's exciting!" The inky woman stated trying to put emphasis on the exciting part of finding a sibling. She remembered meeting @Vaken and finding out her brother had survived the forest fire that had separated her from her family. She knew Stella had left to find @Kip and hadnt had any luck. Moonshadow knew the pain of being so young and feeling so alone, searching for family. She reached down and gave the tawny girl an affectionate nibble behind her ear to try to comfort her.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Stella Vuesain
Sunny gold and night's silvered shadow sat beside one another, sharing the company of kin. Stella was disappointed to hear that there was no word from Chan. The Cove felt incomplete somehow without the Eastfall man that Stella had looked up to as a pup. She hoped he was well, wherever he was. But, there were new things to be glad for, too. She was excited to see her little siblings grow, and she needed to be here for her age-mates, too. It didn't make everything alright, but most days it was enough to remind her to keep her head up.

She was trying to keep her head up now, as she and Moonshadow spoke of her time away. Of Kip. It was bittersweet. For a minute Stella just sat wordlessly with the elder wolf, tucking her head up under Moon's chin and leaning there as the layers of defenses and hopes that pinned her up day to day melted away. At last a heavy sigh escaped from her chest.

"I don't know if its right to try to move on or not. It... feels wrong. But you've gotta go forward, don't you?" the girl asked. Stel wasn't sure how to phrase what had been bothering her any better, and wasn't sure Moon had any answers, but there was a relief in letting it out all the same.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The dark shadow was content to simply sit there with the young Vuesain girl if that was what she needed. For a small while thats exactly what the polar colored women did. Moon held Stella against her as tight as she could, her salt and pepper maw resting against her crown. A sigh escaped the yearling before she voiced her dilemma on whether it was right to move on or not. A small sigh of her own left the older woman's chest, though she didnt stop holding Stella. This dilemma was no stranger to her. It was something she still struggled with. "There is no movin' on really, more like moving forwards. Movin' forwards doesn't mean leavin' them behind or forgettin' them.  No matter what they are always with ya." The older woman was constantly reminding herself of this. It took her a long time to come to terms with this fact but in her heart she knew it was true. It had to be, there were too many wolves she loved who weren't with her physically.

Word Count: 177
Inactive No Rank
Stella Vuesain
Stella let herself lean against Moon's large shadowy frame, feeling comforted by the warmth, but it would take more to soothe her thoughts. At last Moon's words came, and she swallowed the knot in her throat, listening.

What to let go of, what to hold on to. Stella blinked, hanging on the elder Eastfall woman's words. She knew that Moon spoke from a lifetime of experience beyond her own. At last, she breathed another sigh, this time less shaky, one of release.

"Really?" It seemed contradictory, that you could move on without betraying the memory of those left behind. But that they could always be with her... she wanted to believe it was true, too. "How do you know they're with you? How can you tell?" Stella thought she might understand what Moonshadow meant, but it was also a concept she had little guidance on, and so many questions. She certainly didn't feel like her mother was around for her. The girl felt like she was clinging to old memories while the current of time swept on, pulling her forward, further and further away.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The large shadow continued to hold the smaller silver girl. She explained how even though those they loved were no longer with them, they would always be with them. It was no surprise to the older woman that Stella followed up with asking how they really knew they were with them. Moon's silver dusted banner swept the ground behind them for a moment as she thought of the best way to explain it. "There's many ways we can tell." The grandmother began, giving the girl crown a gentle kiss. "We know through our memories of 'em, the things we did with 'em, 'n the places we spent time with em. As well as through the gentle breeze around us, the gentle lapping of the water, a sense of comfort that seems to come from nowhere." The inky Eastfall woman explained her gaze looking around the environment around them. A small smile formed on her inky lips as a breeze rustled their coats, just enough for them to notice. So many were gone...she hoped one day she would see them again.

Inactive No Rank
Stella Vuesain
Breeze stirred their coats and the sun shone down upon them, and she felt Moon's kiss on her forehead. Stella was quiet as she listened, and thought over Moon's words for some time. Her gaze drifted out to the lake, watching where a small group of insects hovered lazily over the water. A fish broke the surface, sending ripples out across the mirror as it leapt and vanished just as suddenly. The insects danced on, and it was impossible to tell if the fish had succeeded in its hunt or not.

After another moment, she pulled herself away enough to meet Moon's gaze properly again. "I don't know if I understand, but I hope you're right."

It sounded like something the Eastfall matriarch spoke of from experience, though. Stella wondered if she could learn to see what she saw. She would try to do as the elder woman said, to move forwards but keep her memories with her. It helped to be home, she supposed. In the places and with the other lives that were entwined with each other, with her memories. It wasn't exactly easy, everything bright seemed so entwined with the shadows too, but she would try.

"Thank you," she muttered, bumping her head against moon's shoulder again. "Don't worry about me, okay?" she added, thankful that she had her family for support but not wanting to be the cause of any extra burden.
(This post was last modified: Sep 04, 2022, 05:39 PM by Stella.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

As they sat the lake buzzed peacefully around them, life going on as it always did. It brought that peaceful feeling to the elder woman as she sat thinking about those she missed. Moments passed as the pair sat before the silver yearling spoke once again. She was unsure if she understood but hoped the inky woman was correct. A sad understanding smile adorned her salt and pepper maw as Moon's silver orbs met gleaming golden suns. It was a difficult concept to understand, especially so young. The Eastfall woman hoped with all her being that this was the end of the tragedy that Stella would have to endure. Though that was not going to be the reality unfortunately.

The Vuesain girl gave her a head bump to her shoulder, which was returned with a nibble to the base of her ear. "Of course love." the ebony she wolf responded lovingly. "If I didn't then that would mean I didn't love ya" Moonshadow responded to the yearling's request for her to not worry about her with another small nudge. The girl was family and would always be loved by the Eastfall woman, therefore always worried after as well. Mercury orbs looked once more out to the lake, catching movement among the shallows. "Care for a bit of fishin'?" She offered with a smile when looking back to the yearling. Surely they could use a bit of fun, that possibly resulted in a snack.

Word Count: 243