(See All?) Announcements
500 Users Online
Bing, Google

Don't Judge Me — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 286 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee hadn't really thought about what Vi might have told his children about their old home. She supposed she'd always thought Vi would tell them all about it. Come to find out he had spoken to Archer about the fish. She nodded at the word saltwater. "It does make them taste different. Salt water is just a different kind of water that you can't drink. There's lots of creatures in it that don't live in a place like this. The fish sort of take on the salty taste that the water does but jt makes then so much better. Since you like fish I think you'd really like the saltwater fish but you gotta be careful."

Vi apparently had to them at least Archer a little more. "It does go as far as you can see and the sunrises and sunsets over the water are very beautiful but he is right the water can carry you far away and it can be dangerous." Nothing bad had happened to her while she'd been in the water but that didn't mean it couldn't.
Played by Flywolf who has 320 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Archer stared at his Aunt Shar as she spoke, drinking in every word. He wanted to know as much as possible about they place his Da and aunts and uncles had grown up. His mouth watered just thinking about fish and the idea of fish that tasted even better than the ones he was familiar with.

"What kind of creatures?" he asked. "Like lotsa fish, or...?" he couldn't imagine what kind of creatures might need that much water to live. He couldn't wrap his brain around just how big the ocean must be if it stretched all the way to the sunset.

[size=x-small]Archer is very haggard and thin; it is obvious he is not doing well.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee liked that she had this chance to share something of her old home with her nephew. Sure Vi had told him some stuff but wasn't it all of their job to inform the younger generation about what their lives were like back at the Estuary? There was plenty to tell about the ocean and how much different it was compared to the backwater. Archer was I terested in that and she didn't mind talking about it.

"Yes there are lots of different kind of fish but there are other creatures," she replied giving him a light bump on his shoulder. "Like there are these spiny little creatures we called sea urchins and ones that we called star fish amd sea horses." She remembered them all vividly.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle
Want to wrap this up in another couple posts?

Archer Valle

The idea of lots of other creatures was a strange one to Archer. Anything but fish living in the water? Absurd. Spiny? Starfish? Sea horses? "Those are funny names," he said, trying to picture them. He couldn't. It didn't seem right, such strange things. It sounded... a little wonderful, too though. He sighed. "I wish I could see it," he said sadly. His da clearly missed his home, but they were settling here instead. That had to mean this place was just as good, right?

Archer looked up at his aunt. "If you and Da could go back, would you leave here and go?"

[size=x-small]Archer is very haggard and thin; it is obvious he is not doing well.
Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharlee spoke of some of the creatures they'd seen living at the sea. She had to laugh when Archer mentioned they had funny names. "Yes they do and some of them even look a little funny too." The sea horse came to mind when she said that. A slight frown crossed her maw when he spoke of wishing to see where they'd once lived. "I wish you could too Archer. I think you would have really liked it." And she did, her nephew seemed to appreciate the beauty that nature had to offer them and the Estuary was certainly pretty.

The next question caught her a little off guard but it was an easy one to answer. "I think if it were a year ago we would have done anything to go back. Now I think your dad is happy here I know that I am."
(This post was last modified: Aug 01, 2022, 03:52 AM by Sharlee.)
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Archer liked it when his aunt and da talked about their previous home, but hearing his aunt confirm that she, at least, liked this home made him happy. He wanted to see the Estuary, but he loved his home and couldn't imagine leaving. It scared him, the idea of being whisked away like his da had been, but he thought if he was on the lookout for it he wouldn't fall victim to the same phenomena.

The boy yawned. It had been a long adventure, and he was ready to go back home for a nap. "Thanks for exploring with me," he said, butting his head against Shar's legs affectionately, "and telling me about your old home." Any time with his aunt was time well spent in his opinion.

Inactive No Rank
Sharlee Valle
Sharing a little of what their home and life was like with her nephew was nice for Sharlee. Though she doubted Archer would ever see the Estuary or know what it was like to live there it was good to share about it. He amd the rest of the pups needed to know where the family came from. It was a part of their history that needed to be remembered even if they no longer lived that way anymore.

She smiled at the boy when he yawned,bit seemed all of this had tired him out. "It was my pleasure Archer. I'm glad that we had the chance to spend some time together. It was also nice to be able to talk about the Estuary amd share with you some of the family's past." Maybe they could have a chance for this another day. "What do you say we head home?"
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

It had been a long day and while his goals hadn't exactly been met, Archer felt it was a successful outing anyway. He loved his Aunt Shar and now he had stories he could tell Eros that his brother didn't know yet. The youngest Valle boy nodded and affectionately butted his head against his aunt's leg before turning his paws toward home.