(See All?) Announcements
532 Users Online
Bing, Google

my empire of dirt — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
The young wolf's expression pulled with interest. When he answered her, Modesto couldn't help the cheeky grin which touched her features to match his own smirk at his answer.

"Is that so?" She spoke with a curious raised brow. "I'm glad we met on good terms, then." A smile. She had no intention of getting on the wrong side of the legends in this land, far from the ones of her own.

When he asked of a 'Morganna', Modesto shook her head with a negative. "I've not, but I do know an Archer." That was two now and if they were a successful family in these parts then surely she would run into more now that she didn't stay hidden in her pack territory. "Vanadis Archer. She lives in the Backwater territory." She informed.
[Image: modesto.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 231 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Scully Archer
She flattered him rather than disrespecting his claim, further cementing herself on his good side before answering his query. It must not be a place near to his great-aunt's stretch of beach, then. There was nowhere she could live without word of her existence spreading like wildfire, not with the chaos that hurricaned around her. She knew someone else, however, and he half expected Avella's name to cross her lips.

Vanadis Archer.

Scully brightened with recognition.

"Vana's a Dead Empress eh?" he asked with another crooked stretch of his toothy smile. Weird they hadn't run into each other by now if she lived so close, his cousin and her brother had been notorious for their antics and wandering paws.

"Well doesn't that figure. She was out when I visited for gramps and Aunt Morg, never met her personally. She one'a the thorns in yer side?"
(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2022, 01:10 AM by Scully.)
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
His attention is peaked further. This Archer knew the other which lived on Valle claim. However, a relative not close enough to his own immediate family to know her on any personal level. He questioned of her and Modesto shook her head for a second time, no.

"Actually, it is my young nephew. He is young, fool-hardy and it's a rule I cannot live under any longer. We had been stolen from our home..." She frowns deeply, turning her pumpkin eyes from the young wolf and out to the waters. "And brought here. We didn't try to find our way back home. The younger generation seemed happy that our family was ripped apart. Ready to move on, abolish the laws and traditions, that our way of life was washed up and old."

The skin on her muzzle wrinkled. Obviously, Modesto was a part of these things. Had been all her life and she was an older wolf, too. (Insert Mufasa-isque vibes) "They have forgotten who they are and so have forgotten me. I've no place there now." Maybe he would pity the old crone, something which she would have detest. Maybe, especially given that he had come all this way to return to his family roots, he would understand.
(This post was last modified: Mar 31, 2022, 04:20 PM by Modesto.)
Scully Archer
Ready to move on, abolish laws and tradition - he couldn't help but think of his own rambunctious relatives who'd attempted to swarm the Ridge just to spit on it. Perhaps that was the future, what was it called, entropy? Didn't matter, if Avella stood against it then so did he. Even if he personally thought a little chaos was fun.

"I got cousins like that, teeth rein them in pretty well. Does that, mean you're stuck here? Alone?"

She didn't deserve that, he already knew it. The trek back to the coast was lengthy, however, and better undertaken with a companion. He didn't fancy sending this woman on a death hike.
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
Modesto smiled lightly as the man mentioned using his teeth to rein in his unruly cousins. Modesto as said, was a woman bound to her old ways, the traditions of her mother and grandmother. The way the pack ran with a council. A council which was hand-picked by members of the pack to speak for them, those which sacrificed making families of their own to focus on the good of the pack. Instead of a single ruler, who was the biggest and baddest (buy maybe most stupid) to dictate their every move without question. She was not at all a sweet woman, but she demanded law and order.

"For now, it seems." She turns back round then, looking over this little slice of subterritory along the lagoon. "I've a companion willing to guide me back to the coast but unfortunately I have things I need to tidy up, first." She spoke with a crinkled nose and a smirk.
Scully Archer
Scully was glad to hear that she had access to an escape, and was simply choosing not to yet utilize it. The mention of loose ends got his interest riled once more, but he felt he'd interrogated the woman enough for today. Perhaps he'd have time to visit her again, and get to know her better. For now, he needed to move on to his sightseeing proper before he'd spent too long without striving for the Ridge's re-founding.

"Y'ever decide you'd like a paw, you're welcome to nose me out at the willows. I'm rather good at finishing things."

Of course, he assumed her intentions to be a bit more conniving than they truly were. He did not worry about iring the Backwater regardless, as the Ridge owed them nothing and even if they began to pull strings with Avella, Scully Archer ultimately always was and would be a free agent.
Inactive No Rank
Modesto Valle
Though one could say they hardly knew one another, it seemed that Modesto and Scully had similar views when it came to family ties with the laws and traditions that were passed through the ages. It was important. It was what defined them as Valles just like it was whatever defined him as Archer.

He was willing to help. "I will keep that in mind " She said with a small smirk and an airy laughter. Of course, Modesto could raise herself an army and allies and March to her little nephew's doorstep to challenge his position... but why? The lands he claimed were not worth fighting for nor would it be worth the strain put upon those she still cared about in the Backwater- however few there now were.

"I will not forget the extended paw you have offered me." He had made an ally today, even if the future would reveal nothing to become of it. "May the legacy of Archer continue to prevail " And with that, she made her way.